Dalston fatal e-bike crash rider 'going too fast' - Court Case

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
“if” the bloke was actually travelling at 30mph amongst pedestrians and other traffic IMHO he was inevitably going to have a collision.
Indeed. The easily missed small profile of a cyclist, the unexpected high speed for a bike and bicycle brakes with only one effective in a crash stop has a certain inevitability.

It's relying too much on luck and the attentive behaviour of others.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Nearly all the pushbikers I see aren't hustling along, from what I mostly see it is riders ambling along and certainly under 25km/h. Generally it is only the competitive road bikes/drop bar bikes that are really hustling along and me of course. The ebike peleton's /fair weather riders I see this way are gently wafting along on their stand out ugly Bosch type drives.

D

Deleted member 25121

Indeed. The easily missed small profile of a cyclist, the unexpected high speed for a bike and bicycle brakes with only one effective in a crash stop has a certain inevitability.

It's relying too much on luck and the attentive behaviour of others.
I absolutely agree, it's a pity there's no law against this for pushbikes apart from the 150-year-old "wanton or furious driving" one.

Bobajob

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2019
Cornwall
Oh the irony, as you quoted before from your book of fairytales " he who hath no sin cast the first stone"
Well that is quite inaccurate in my case because I am a creationist.
Whether Jesus lived or not will be a debate for many years to come but, my point was there in plain English.
To recap for yourself, the point I was making is that, no one is whiter than white but many are so quick to condemn without any knowledge of what’s happened (other than reports in the other make believe areas of newspapers) the case, reports etc etc.
The judicial system is flawed but it’s best left to them I feel.

I do acknowledge you very sharp wit in the comment lol

• Disagree
Reactions: ebiker99

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i wonder what the book of bs would say if the Romans had fed him to some lions pmsl. :p

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Interesting as Creationist is an anagram of Reactionist which in Hindi means Far right Conservative/ extremist so are you some type of neo nazi ? hence your quote " whiter than white"

Last edited:
  • Disagree

Bobajob

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2019
Cornwall
Interesting as Creationist is an anagram of Reactionist which in Hindi means Far right Conservative/ extremist so are you some type of neo nazi ? hence your quote " whiter than white"
You’ve lost me on that can you explain how you can accuse me of being a neo nazi?

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
The ebike peleton's /fair weather riders I see this way are gently wafting along on their stand out ugly Bosch type drives.
What? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I think they look lovely :D

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
You’ve lost me on that can you explain how you can accuse me of being a neo nazi?
First of all asking is not the same as accusing, secondly I was making the point that words are just random letters that in another form can take on a different meaning as does the interpretation of the law.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
What a weird thing to say in denying biblical belief. A Creationist is one who believes in the bible!

I think you might have meant evolutionist, i.e. Darwinist.

• Agree

Bobajob

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2019
Cornwall
Yo
Looks like your previous statement has come back to haunt you.....
You’re correct on that one at least.
To ask some one if they are a neo nazi is somewhat bewildering and ride I feel. Are you a ride aggressive type by any chance?

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
To ask some one if they are a neo nazi is somewhat bewildering and ride I feel. Are you a ride aggressive type by any chance?
Quite the opposite I was making the point that words are just random letters that can be interpreted in different ways as can the law, although the point is rather moot now as you have decided you are not a creationist.

• :D

Bobajob

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2019
Cornwall
Quite the opposite I was making the point that words are just random letters that can be interpreted in different ways as can the law, although the point is rather moot now as you have decided you are not a creationist.
Wouldn’t you have thought a better example would have To not use the ‘neo nazi’ question?
Asking such a question is an old advocate tactic of implication.

Reactions: mike killay

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
Surely this is because your average cycle rider doesn't ride at or above 25km/h on a pushbike so the 25km/h limit was set, those who do ride above the assist limit can do but have to rely on there own energy to do so.
As I see it anyone who does and can regularly toot along at well above the assist speed and more so near 19/20 mph isn't really in the need for an ebike.
You obviously disagree then that “the law is an ass”. My point being that for some on here, regarding the above legal case, you can’t have it both ways.