New electric bike magazine and demo event

mark sutton

Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2016
Morning all,

Totally skipped my mind to pop this on here - just in case you've not yet seen Dennis Publishing is launching Cycling Electric - a new magazine and Lee Valley Velopark event (July 4th).

For full clarity - i'm editing it, but hopefully okay to put on the radar here as an educational product and one that i hope will have some impact reaching a wider audience (admin, will take slap on the wrist if deemed to be advertising). The goal is to take it away from the sports angle of numerous other cycle mags and to promote e-Bikes as a new mobility for the masses. Preaching to the converted, i'm sure, but hopefully it'll be worth the £5.99 when it lands on news stands at the end of April. Will be info and reviews rich and quite evenly balanced between the many segments - commute, cargo, MTB, gravel, light utility etc.

https://cyclingindustry.news/dennis-publishing-to-launch-cycling-electric-mag-and-demo-day/

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Morning all,

Totally skipped my mind to pop this on here - just in case you've not yet seen Dennis Publishing is launching Cycling Electric - a new magazine and Lee Valley Velopark event (July 4th).

For full clarity - i'm editing it, but hopefully okay to put on the radar here as an educational product and one that i hope will have some impact reaching a wider audience (admin, will take slap on the wrist if deemed to be advertising). The goal is to take it away from the sports angle of numerous other cycle mags and to promote e-Bikes as a new mobility for the masses. Preaching to the converted, i'm sure, but hopefully it'll be worth the £5.99 when it lands on news stands at the end of April. Will be info and reviews rich and quite evenly balanced between the many segments - commute, cargo, MTB, gravel, light utility etc.

https://cyclingindustry.news/dennis-publishing-to-launch-cycling-electric-mag-and-demo-day/
Nice one Mark, Dennis Publishing already publish the Driving Electric magazine and drivingelectric.com website so are well ahead in this trend.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
demo event day, Saturday 04-July may be just at the peak or tail end of CORVID19.
the Velo Park is very easily accessible to us. Very tempting but I am worried.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Brave move to launch a six quid magazine in today's market.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Brave move to launch a six quid magazine in today's market.
Sadly Felix Dennis died a little while ago, but his company Dennis Publishing is continuing with his entrepeneurial spirit.

Sometimes when a title fails to take off they launch a website based free version of it in the hope of better times later.

Andy McNish

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2018
Felix Dennis was (until he died) a strong contender for 'Greatest Living Englishman' IMHO.

Felix Dennis

Never Go Back

Nebuchadnezzar
by Felix Dennis
Nebuchadnezzar
was taking his pleasure,
Rocking at leisure
while sipping his wine.
"Dost thou grow tired
of love thou hast hired?"
Politely enquired
his young concubine.
"Abigail, truly,
thy tongue grows unruly!
Am I not duly
the sire of thy heart?"
"If thou would know it
command! I must show it,
Yet the worth of a poet
is all in his art!"
Turning to trail
the hem of her veil,
Sweet Abigail
died there on the swings.
Never tease lions
with open defiance.
Place no reliance
on princes or kings.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Been long overdue, very much look forward to reading this, and if it's good, will consider a subscription to bring the price down as I think £6 is a lot for a monthly magazine (assuming it is monthly ?)
Would love to see some extended touring articles, info on ebike/charging friendly pubs, cafes etc in this country and in Europe, plus up to date on latest models and info on self builds
Good luck