Bosch Performance Line Motor Coming Apart

D

Deleted member 25121

Based on experience of Panasonic, Bosch and Impulse, it would be the Panasonic motor first, but I’m unsure if it’s still available, then the Bosch and worst of all Impulse.
It was a question I was asking Andy Mat

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I managed over 14,000 miles on my Delite without any problems.

My current Haibike likewise so far but I agree not all Bosch stuff good. Some really poor compared to similar at the same price level.

I have just ordered a new bike, again with a Bosch motor, R&M don’t do anything else. If there was a big problem I’m sure there’d be changes.

I’m wondering if the cover has come loose because of high pressure water when cleaning or some solvent in the cleaning liquids some use?

Reactions: Barry Shittpeas

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
What's your favourite brand of ebike motor?
You will laugh, I really don't know. My first e-bike was a Lidl/Tesco/Aldi one, sold about 9 years ago for €699 here in Germany, I bought it off a mate for €200 at 12 months old.
It was simple and it worked, but only had Vee brakes, which I thought were great, till I bought my next bike with disk brakes.
I cleaned the motor, but I had no interest in knowing what the make was, as it just worked, with almost no maintenance, for the 6.5 years I owned it!
My present bike is a Stark, of which I am really happy with, even though they are very slow with sending parts. I needed a top headset bearing and an extra battery, it took ages.
But the motor is painted black and has "STARKDRIVE" in large white letters on it. Thats all I know, it has not had any problems either.
I was unable to find out on the internet which motor they use....
Who cares, it just works!!
regards
Andy

Reactions: Barry Shittpeas