Putting e-bike to bed for the duration of C-virus.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
so how long b4 it kills 100k in the uk?

its not going to happen is it there going on like it is the black death, what happens when the next virus comes around we doing this again pmsl.

D

Deleted member 25121

ok thanks flecc. I have new bosch in frame battery that do not have push button, but I will just connect to charger once a week
No, Bosch batteries are more than capable of looking after themselves provided you leave them with a charge status of approx. 30 to 60% during long term storage. There's no need to keep charging them up.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
ok thanks flecc. I have new bosch in frame battery that do not have push button, but I will just connect to charger once a week
It only needs a minute or so to wake it up, don't leave it charging more than that when it's already almost full.

Ideally try to get out for a ride at a quiet time using full power to reduce the charge by a quarter or so, since that will help it best.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
every one has lost the plot 14000 ppl died today and 48 from controller virus.

14000 will also die every day on average in the uk anyway.

when dead ppl are being pilled up at street corners for pick up to be burned to dust on mass ill stay inside ;)

watching the news gives you brain rot its all bs ;)
There is quite a good chance that the country is locked down on Thursday.

Soundwave you have two days to work out your perfect being chased by the police route that gives you the best chance of getting away.

Perhaps via your favorite off license, computer, or Hi Fi store.

Make sure you have your video cameras fitted at both ends of your bike.

I am sure that the up to now disinterested Police will chase you if we have a lock down or curfew or both!!

You never know there might even be the Army as well.

Get home and upload the video for our pleasure and enjoy one of your torpedos.

• :D
Reactions: tommie and Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
so how long b4 it kills 100k in the uk?
I hope not but it can happen before Christmas.
Confirmed cases are expected to rise very quickly from November.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
So you've with happy this situation?
If not then what do you propose is done to prevent it?
I didn't say that and you know it, I said the opposite.

I'm not the police and nor are you, it's up to the authorities to deal with those situations, preferably on the spot using the police with anti-social behaviour penalties.

Lockdowns in our society are useless, since those same people will ignore them just as they ignore the official advice.

D

Deleted member 25121

The behavioural scientists are telling the government to "promote a sense of collectivism".

"All messaging should reinforce a sense of community, that we are all in this together," the advice reads.

It is telling, perhaps, that countries with a collectivist culture - China, Japan, South Korea - seem to be keeping the virus at bay more effectively than those Western nations with a culture of individualism.

"I know how difficult this is, how it seems to go against the freedom-loving instincts of the British people," the prime minister told the nation as he closed down pubs and restaurants on Friday, urging people not to go out.

Small-state politicians like Boris Johnson are having to adjust to the necessity for ever greater central control, actions that may feel at odds with the traditions and culture of the UK.

Reactions: POLLY

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No, Bosch batteries are more than capable of looking after themselves provided you leave them with a charge status of approx. 30 to 60% during long term storage. There's no need to keep charging them up.
You are contradicting the earlier battery wake up advice which you'll see if you read the several preceding posts. The OP has a full battery and doesn't feel he can go out to drain it down.

You are after all telling us we musn't go out!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well the jcb just went home not going to stop him build his new double drive and landscape is front and back garden and put a fence and gates up pmsl.

DSC_0191_03.JPG

the guy in that jcb was like bob the builder on crack it was gone in 60 seconds pmsl :p

and they have to pass a bill first b4 they can enforce any lock down, it wont stop me riding my bike to the shop lol

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
So you've with happy this situation?
View attachment 34458

If not then what do you propose is done to prevent it?
Tell tell tell again and again the people to ensure that they are 2 metres away from any stranger ... Its actually simple.
If people are the problem , then people are the solution. Even if thousands defy common sense, well there are millions .
According to the official UK statistics ,there are about 6000 positive carriers all tested. It is not unreasonable to expect that there are 10 times that number or 60,000 active carriers. .In a population of 60 million that is still a small number, so the PROBABILITY of meeting one at random and being in their company ..within 2 metres for 15 minutes is low. Finally in open air the virus dispersion is rapid . The probability of infection is virus concentration * duration
The photograph is more shocking than the reality. More concerning would be a group in a disco or a pub.

Reactions: POLLY and Woosh
D

Deleted member 25121

You are contradicting the earlier battery wake up advice which you'll see if you read the several preceding posts. The OP has a full battery and doesn't feel he can go out to drain it down.

You are after all telling us we musn't go out!
I was advising the OP to leave the battery packs with a charge status of approx. 30 to 60% during long term storage. Once there there's no need to keep connecting the charger.

If the packs are fully charged right now they need to be discharged and the best way of doing without riding the bikes is to keep turning the displays on, they will power off automatically after 5 to 10 minutes so they'll need to be repeatedly turned on.

This is what I did with my Bosch equipped bike at the end of last year.

Reactions: flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
According to the experts it takes around a week for the virus to manifest itself during which time you be spreading it without knowing you have it. Also, some people may be asymptomatic, meaning they have the virus, they are spreading the virus but they show no symptoms of having the virus.

Personally, I'm not as concerned about catching the virus as I am about inadvertently spreading it. I don't want ever to feel that I could be partly responsible for the death of another, particularly a defenceless elderly person.

I'm not of an "at risk" age but I have elderly friends and neighbours nearby who I'm helping out.

I'm determined to do whatever I can to reduce the risk of them dying from the virus which is why I'm only venturing out when I absolutely have to.

The medical experts are saying the same thing hence the government guidelines which have every possibility of becoming a lock-down in a couple of weeks time. Do you know better then them?
you wanted me to respond to this?
if you want to help them, don't talk to them face to face, use the phone and wear gloves whenever you do their shopping.
There isn't anything to gain in discontinuing with your leisure biking from now until the general lockdown is in place.

Reactions: Amoto65

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I pay attention to this. Driving from my garage through the built up areas I have the air con switched to Recirculate, using only the air in the cabin. But since I live on the city to country boundary, as soon as I'm clear into th countryside I switch to fresh air input.

I'm very lucky since my large supermarket is on that boundary and I three routes to drive to it, all exactly the same 5.2 miles distance. One is almost all urban, a second is three quarters country and the third is all country barring 400 metres exiting my estate.
Would your Leaf not have a HEPA filter?. My 9 year old Peugeot has.

D

Deleted member 25121

Tell tell tell again and again the people to ensure that they are 2 metres away from any stranger ... Its actually simple.
Yep, very simple and it works with Eastern cultures but it's mostly ineffective with the selfish Westerners, and us Brits are one of the worst.

D

Deleted member 25121

you wanted me to respond to this?
if you want to help them, don't talk to them face to face, use the phone and wear gloves whenever you do their shopping.
There isn't anything to gain in discontinuing with your leisure biking from now until the general lockdown is in place.
I can fully appreciate why you want to get as many people as possible out on their ebikes, that is your business after all.

Your answer reminds me of a comment I made earlier - "I dashed to the shops today to get some packs of loo rolls before all the idiots got them".

Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

D

Deleted member 25121

Lockdowns in our society are useless, since those same people will ignore them just as they ignore the official advice.
The official advise being to keep at least 2m apart, but from what I read on here that doesn't apply to ebikers.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Would your Leaf not have a HEPA filter?. My 9 year old Peugeot has.
Yes it has, but I prefer to play safe by switching the air routing, not being confident a HEPA filter or it's sealing in place will stop a virus.

I'm constantly doing this at normal times anyway, remember I live in one of the most traffic dense cities and don't want to be breathing in other's exhaust fumes, so I'm on and off the air routing button regularly.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The official advise being to keep at least 2m apart, but from what I read on here that doesn't apply to ebikers.
Why are you being so perverse, I've seen you doing the same in other threads?

We are at least as intelligent as you and understand the point you are making. We disagree because you are wrong.

The official advice is to only go out when necessary, and the health minister's advice is that going out cycling or walking is necessary for our health, so we should do it.

You aren't contradicting us, you are contradicting that official advice, and doing it by showing irrelevant examples where people are ignoring that advice.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
no police chasing him and it goes faster than 20mph :eek:

Reactions: georgehenry