Putting e-bike to bed for the duration of C-virus.

D

Deleted member 25121

Why are you being so perverse, I've seen you doing the same in other threads?

We are at least as intelligent as you and understand the point you are making. We disagree because you are wrong.

The official advice is to only go out when necessary, and the health minister's advice is that going out cycling or walking is necessary for our health, so we should do it.

You aren't contradicting us, you are contradicting that official advice, and doing it by showing irrelevant examples where people are ignoring that advice.
Go out for exercise by all means, I've never said we shouldn't, the point I'm making is that we should follow the advise of the medical experts and that includes keeping keeping at least 2m apart.

Why is that being "perverse"? Because many seem to disagree with it?

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
You're really not very clever are you, coming out with a dumb comment like that.

Actually I've a degree from one of the world's top universities, and yourself?
A degree does not mean you have any common sense and accusing someone of not being very clever and making a dumb comment because they dont agree with you is a good example of this and just shows you to be a condescending, arrogant individual.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I can fully appreciate why you want to get as many people as possible out on their ebikes, that is your business after all.

Your answer reminds me of a comment I made earlier - "I dashed to the shops today to get some packs of loo rolls before all the idiots got them".

Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.
no, my comment on this virus is just a general comment, not specific for e-bikes other than the fact that e-biking is not competitive like biking as a sport, you don't have large group rides.
I put the risks to oneself and to others into the correct perspective.

• Agree
Reactions: Muddyfox and flecc
D

Deleted member 25121

A degree does not mean you have any common sense and accusing someone of not being very clever and making a dumb comment because they dont agree with you is a good example of this and just shows you to be a condescending, arrogant individual.
You are taking my comments out of context, I was replying, somewhat tongue in cheek, to the ultra dumb comment "We are at least as intelligent as you ".

You condescending, arrogant fool you. See, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. You fool.

D

Deleted member 25121

no, my comment on this virus is just a general comment, not specific for e-bikes other than the fact that e-biking is not competitive like biking as a sport, you don't have large group rides.
I put the risks to oneself and to others into the correct perspective.
Which is fine, but if you're not, you really should be following the advise of the medical experts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
How condescending of you.

You're really not very clever are you, coming out with a dumb comment like that.

Actually I've a degree from one of the world's top universities, and yourself?
What a stupid man you prove yourself to be , it explains your perversity. I already knew that by your thinking that other's disagreement meant they hadn't understood what you'd posted. It never occurred to you that you might be wrong as I showed, such is your arrogance.

I merely gained Mensa membership, which like your degree doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Reactions: Bobajob

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Which is fine, but if you're not, you really should be following the advise of the medical experts.
I do follow them, none of what I said was contrary to their advice.

• Agree
Reactions: Bobajob and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Why is that being "perverse"? Because many seem to disagree with it?
They are are not disagreeing with the official advice, they are merely reflecting that the separation isn't alway possible, but that doesn't remove the desirability of going out for exercise and fresh air.

It's perverse not to understand and appreciate that.

D

Deleted member 25121

I already knew that by your thinking that other's disagreement meant they hadn't understood what you'd posted
What an imbecile, that doesn't even make any sense. Maybe try again with some comments perhaps, it might make some sense then.
There again, don't bother. Idiot.

• Dislike
D

Deleted member 25121

You really are a nasty piece of work resorting to insults all the time, no surprise you hide behind a screen.
I was returning your insults to me, not very nice is it.
As I said, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
You moronic diot.

• Dislike

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
What an imbecile, that doesn't even make any sense.
"I already knew that by your thinking that other's disagreement meant they hadn't understood what you'd posted"

This makes perfect sense, since it's the logical explanation for your repeating yourself over and over again when disagreeing, rather than checking if it's you who are wrong.

D

Deleted member 25121

they are merely reflecting that the separation isn't alway possible, but that doesn't remove the desirability of going out for exercise and fresh air.
How perverse of them to claim to follow the advice of the government and the medial experts but to think it's OK to ignore the advice when it doesn't suit them.

Perverse, arrogant and, above all, selfish.

• Disagree
D

Deleted member 25121

"I already knew that by your thinking that other's disagreement meant they hadn't understood what you'd posted"

This makes perfect sense, since it's the logical explanation for your repeating yourself over and over again when disagreeing, rather than checking if it's you who are wrong.
I don't understand the sentence, try reading to yourself.

People are entitled to their views, it would be arrogant for anybody to think that they are always right. Also, look back and you'll see that you've repeated yourself over and over and over again.

• Dislike

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
From Cycling UK email: matches well what the intelligent people have been saying on this thread.

You may have heard troubling reports over the weekend of large groups of people, including cyclists going out in spite of government advice to practice social distancing.

Cycling UK announced last week that we have cancelled all group rides and activities for the time being and we are again urging everyone to avoid cycling in groups (except for riding with people living in your household). Read the reasons we cancelled all group rides.

This doesn't mean you shouldn't go out riding at all. Quite the opposite, Cycling during this stressful time is a great way to maintain your physical health and mental wellbeing, as well as being an alternative to using public transport and so minimising further contact with crowds. If you are cycling outside, just remember to follow advice and stay at least two metres away from other people. If you're not sure if it's safe for you to go out riding, read our Q&A.

Over the coming days and weeks, we will be issuing advice about how you can keep involved with your local cycling group safely, and hopefully we'll all be back to cycling with our local groups soon.

If you usually ride with a group and are concerned about riding on your own, we have some advice on how you can boost your confidence riding alone.

Keep an eye on Cycling UK's website for information on cycling during the coronavirus pandemic. We will update our advice as the situation develops.

Stay safe and for the sake of those vulnerable to the virus, follow all government advice and practice social distancing.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Having last week just ordered and paid for a new R&M bike I’ll most miffed if I am prevented from riding it.
Currently I can do an 18 mile ride without meeting anyone that are close. Usually on a horse or in a tractor.
But as the Chinese say ‘May you live in interesting times’ seems we are.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Having last week just ordered and paid for a new R&M bike I’ll most miffed if I am prevented from riding it.
Currently I can do an 18 mile ride without meeting anyone that are close. Usually on a horse or in a tractor.
But as the Chinese say ‘May you live in interesting times’ seems we are.
Absolutely. There are two problems. (1) people going out riding, walking or whatever who don't seriously try to keep 2m distance; especially if to do so means not going where they had hoped to go. (2) In many cities it may be difficult to find places to keep 2m distance (though I suspect that most small roads are empty enough that even there it is isn't that difficult?)

It is very difficult to make sensible rules/legislation that handles irresponsible people in cities while not penalizing sensible people in the country; especially where these rules have to be prepared very quickly.

~~~
p.w. I'm NOT suggesting a correlation between irresponsibility and living in cities; just that where the two happen to coincide the issue is particularly pressing.