Putting e-bike to bed for the duration of C-virus.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Well said, if cyclists find themselves often getting too close to other people (<2m) then they should find safer places to cycle or, failing that, exercise in other ways. Walking for example can offer more opportunities to keep safe provided it's in an open area or even your own garden if you have one.
You're doing it again, lecturing others with the impossible.

I love walking and do it frequently but it sometimes means getting closer to people than two metres in the earlier stages of a walk. And like hundreds of us here, I don't have a garden.

And how can we find "safer places to cycle" without cycling through our unsuitable place first? It seems you sometimes dont think before posting.

D

Deleted member 25121

The lies are yours, changing your language now to cover for it. If you'd only been saying "take care", none of us would have clashed with you since we do take care. You've been arrogantly and argumentatively condemning others because they've sometimes been in circumstances unable to maintain the two metres at all times.

As I've posted, it's impossible to be certain of the separation, simply because the others around have equal power to influence the gap. Also many simply cannot chose routes that don't take one close to other people, the 10.2 millions in our city can't. All they can do is try.

Anyway the PM has shown you to be wrong in taking the uncompromising stance you have.

Even in his tonight's tightening up, he says we can go out alone or with family once a day doing the exercise of our choice, trying to avoid being too close to others.

He also said we can go out shopping for essential food, and in supermarkets and many smaller shops that guarantees frequently being closer than two metres apart.
You're doing it again, putting words into my mouth and resorting to cheap abuse.

I've had enough of this nonsense, just go away you silly argumentative offensive old man.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I've had enough of this nonsense, just go away you silly argumentative offensive old man.
You really are incredibly foolish. In a very short space of time since joining you've wrecked a number of threads and upset a number of members with your posting attitudes. Don't you notice how others don't agree with you? You've added to that by insulting me in an abusive manner, even having the nerve to criticise my excellent English when your command of the language is shown to be very poor in your responses.

In contrast during 13 plus years and well over 44,000 posts, I've gained the respect of a very large number of members and received over 20,000 reactions, most of them likes or agrees. I've also had my command of the language and clear explanations highly praised by posters.

So by all means go ahead with your slagging me off, you will be the loser in the end.

Nosweat

Pedelecer
Sep 2, 2019
Apologies I posted earlier that 13 doctors had died from Covid 19 in Italy. That was the total last Friday; to that I should have added the 11 who died over the weekend. That's 24 doctors dead in Italy now and a doubling over four days. What more would you need to persuade you to take this virus seriously?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
How many times do you need telling it is 1,400 not 14,000 why are you writing such crap?
so some one got it in the end pmsl it is true it is not far off that amount on average what die per day in the uk.

so in 7 days 9800 ppl die on average every 7 days in the uk.

Coronavirus Cases:
view by country
Deaths:
Recovered:

Coronavirus: UK deaths rise 55 in one day to hit 336

wow just wow totally shocking numbers of death to get emergency powers through parliament there going on like it is the end of the world now we got this crap on the news for the next 3 months.

i could kill more ppl per day if i had a fully armed tank and where have all the terrorists gone bet we wont see any of them for the next 12 months.

Nosweat

Pedelecer
Sep 2, 2019
Do you know what "exponential growth" means? You do realise that a fortnight ago Italy had the same numbers of people dying each day from coronavirus as we are having now. Fast forward this past weekend and they had almost 800 dead in a single day. Like I said, numbers are approximately trebling every week. Every two weeks they go up tenfold. Every month without imposing lockdown, they are 100x more. How many months of such rapid growth would you be willing to wait before you were convinced that we should be taking this serlously?

• Agree
  • :D
Reactions: POLLY and Woosh

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Do you know what "exponential growth" means? You do realise that a fortnight ago Italy had the same numbers of people dying each day from coronavirus as we are having now. Fast forward this past weekend and they had almost 800 dead in a single day. Like I said, numbers are approximately trebling every week. Every two weeks they go up tenfold. Every month without imposing lockdown, they are 100x more. How many months of such rapid growth would you be willing to wait before you were convinced that we should be taking this serlously?
show me 1 case of corona virus that has died from this alone with no other health conditions, there are none.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

• I don’t have that type of prepayment meter, I have a coin meter for electricity that takes the OLD pound coins! I have to contact the landlady and she comes round and empties the meter and I buy the coins back off her. Effectively she’s using the old pound coins as tokens as it was cheaper than upgrading the meter. I don’t have Gas. I only need the corner shop newsagents for paying my monthly Council Tax installments and fortnightly Water payments. Apparently newsagents will still be open. Don’t think Laundrettes are though, so won’t be able to wash my clothes properly unless I just wash stuff in the shower, but won’t be able to wash bedding. But I suppose I’ll manage. Some clear advice about JSA and Jobcentres would be welcome however.

trev
        March 23, 2020 at 11:05 pm

some ppl have not got a clue what is going on just think about it ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Good news I went out on my bike to day , will do so again tomorrow and Thursday because as Boris has said you are allowed out once a day to exercise and to go shopping for food. I will make it at least twice a day because no one will know if it 's my second, third of fourth outing.
Next week if the weather is still nice I will go out again but one of my rides will 100miles and it will only count as one exercise ride.

D

Deleted member 25121

Good news I went out on my bike to day , will do so again tomorrow and Thursday because as Boris has said you are allowed out once a day to exercise and to go shopping for food. I will make it at least twice a day because no one will know if it 's my second, third of fourth outing.
Next week if the weather is still nice I will go out again but one of my rides will 100miles and it will only count as one exercise ride.
That's great provided you stay >2m away from people as Boris has said.

If you and others don't he'll be very upset and may, as he's warned, have to impose lockdowns.

Nosweat

Pedelecer
Sep 2, 2019
Soundwave we have doctors and at least one nurse with no medical conditions lying in intensive care beds in this country right now. The youngest patient in this country to die from coronavirus was 18. Just because the majority of patients are older than you and have prexisting medical problems doesn't mean we can afford to take things casually - or does it not matter that people with medical problems are killed by coronavirus? And there have been - admittedly not as many - fit young people who have been killed by coronavirus. When our hospital beds are full because people didn't take this seriously to begin with, and we have no spare intensive care beds, we will see increasing numbers of healthy people dying because there were no intensive care beds available for them. That's why there are so many deaths happening in Italy right now - yes, the doctors are having to restrict intensive care beds to only the youngest and fittest patients turn everyone else away knowing they will die. It would be foolish in the extreme to wait until things get that bad here before taking drastic action to limit people's exposure to one another to stop them spreading the virus. Why do you appear to doubt the first hand experience of people who work in the Italian (and Spanish, and Chinese, and British, and other) health systems?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
BRAKING NEWS

lock down has now been activated!

any detected movement will result in instant death!

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
so some one got it in the end pmsl it is true it is not far off that amount on average what die per day in the uk.

so in 7 days 9800 ppl die on average every 7 days in the uk.

Coronavirus Cases:
view by country
Deaths:
Recovered:

Coronavirus: UK deaths rise 55 in one day to hit 336

wow just wow totally shocking numbers of death to get emergency powers through parliament there going on like it is the end of the world now we got this crap on the news for the next 3 months.

i could kill more ppl per day if i had a fully armed tank and where have all the terrorists gone bet we wont see any of them for the next 12 months.
Don’t forget that the Corona virus deaths are in addition to the usual deaths from road accidents, heart failures, flu etc.
If you had an accident on your 50mph bike and needed an intensive care bed that wasn’t available then perhaps your view of the crisis would change. Or perhaps not.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Don’t forget that the Corona virus deaths are in addition to the usual deaths from road accidents, heart failures, flu etc.
If you had an accident on your 50mph bike and needed an intensive care bed that wasn’t available then perhaps your view of the crisis would change. Or perhaps not.
(thumbnail)

Even the Decepticons are afraid of this guy, because once Lockdown has been hired to track down a subject, nothing stops him from completing his transaction short of total deactivation! Answering only to his enigmatic "Creators", Lockdown holds himself above the Autobot/Decepticon war and sees both sides as squabbling children that he has to rein in personally. He doesn't think much higher of other civilized species across the galaxy (particularly humans), though isn't above working with them if it suits him.

sounds like a nice guy let him do his job ;)

D

Deleted member 25121

soundwave is a prime example of why lockdowns have to happen, sadly relying on Brits to obey the rules can no longer be relied upon.

They bend the rules to suit their own needs and put us all at risk.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
soundwave is a prime example of why lockdowns have to happen, sadly relying on Brits to obey the rules can no longer be relied upon.

They bend the rules to suit their own needs and put us all at risk.
lock down said this is pointless send in unicron! destroy the hole planet ;)

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
so why was the country not shut down when that happens?

will every virus from now on mean we go in to total lock down if not why?

the numbers do not add up when compared to how many ppl die in the uk anyway.

14000 ppl die every day in the uk anyway cv is not even at 0.01% yet so what you saying is in 3 weeks 60k will die every day pmsl.
FFS where do you get your ridiculously stupid figures from? If 14,000 people die every day 365 x 14,000 = 5,110,000. Do you really thing over 5 million people die every year out of a population of 65 million?

Your numbers don't add up.

The issue as I posted earlier is not necessarily the disease as such but the fact that it's spreading so fast that the NHS will be overwhelmed. The average District General Hospital has 500-600 beds with 10-15 ICU beds. If every day 20/30/40/50/60 people with severe pneumonia get admitted & 30% of those need ventilation on ICU then in a short while the whole system will collapse as don't forget that people will still need hospital admission because they have heart attacks, severe asthma, fractured hips etc etc This is what has happened in Northern Italy.

Chris M

Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2018
Trying to get back on track; we need to do what is sensible. Exercise is important and not doing any will cause more long term harm probably both physically and mentally. We know that cyclng, even with an ebike, improves fitness and heart/lung capacity. Good lung capacity will help if you are unfortunate enough to catch the virus so continuing to cycle must be good. I will continue to try to get out for a short (say 10 mile) ride most days. I have decided that my local country park is no longer suitable as I know I will pass within 1.5 metres of others who are out exercising on the same trails. I know the roads will be quieter though so I plan to ride the local roads rather than the country park. I also look forward to putting the bike in the back of the car and going further afield but only once this crisis has died down a bit.