Help! Speed limit unlock !!!

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I agree Andy, that forum members, especially new ones, should be made aware of the legalities of electric bikes. But to hijack a thread with a dozen posts on the subject, is just not forum etiquette.

One link to the facts would suffice!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Even if I knew, which I don't, I still would not pass the information on.
The people that do that illegally to increase a bike's speed, and it smacks too much of lawbreaking rowdies, of whom I have absolutely no respect for.
And I just hope they all get their "just and fully legal deserts" eventually!
If it interests anyone, it also smacks of the "Dunning Kruger effect" as well! ;) ;) ;)
Andy
Mind your halo don't slip.

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

joelectric

Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2019
Motherwell
Hi everyone.
A few days ago I bought e-bike Fiido d2s. Max speed is 22km/h. Does anybody know , how to remove speed limit from the bike , if not, is there anyone who change something in my bike to make it a little faster ?
I live in London E4.
Best day
Try this the video example is on the Fiido D1 model instead of the D2, but it might work on your D2

Reactions: Fordulike

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
I agree Andy, that forum members, especially new ones, should be made aware of the legalities of electric bikes. But to hijack a thread with a dozen posts on the subject, is just not forum etiquette.

One link to the facts would suffice!
Please check, I was answering questions and comments, as I NEVER take the "easy way out" of simply disappearing when questions get too hard to answer, as some members do here!
Or making up absurd facts with no evidence supporting them!
Especially as this is about illegal changes to previously legal bikes, to allow rowdies, on and off road, to terrorise the public in general, in many countries, not just in the UK.
Once something is illegal, all manners and niceties, are completely gone!
Maybe we should ask the Forum Administrator to not allow any illegal activities and posts about illegal actions in the future? Would you support that or similar?
I like this forum just as it is, even with the abundant illegal activities. But do not expect me to suddenly ignore them!!!
But the "meat" may be too strong for some members......
Andy

Reactions: mike killay

joelectric

Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2019
Motherwell
Please check, I was answering questions and comments, as I NEVER take the "easy way out" of simply disappearing when questions get too hard to answer, as some members do here!
Especially as this is about illegal changes to previously legal bikes, to allow rowdies, on and off road, to terrorise the public in general, in many countries, not just in the UK.
Maybe we should ask the Forum Administrator to not allow any illegal activities and posts about illegal actions in the future? Would you support that or similar?
I like this forum just as it is, even with the abundant illegal activities. But do not expect me to suddenly ignore them!!!
Andy
Not all of us who have derestricted our bikes are rowdies or terrorising the public, so please don’t generalise.

Is everyone in USA terrorising the public or are rowdies because their bike can legally go 20 mph?
Anyone riding an Ebike in Northern Ireland before today would have been a law breaker , even in a 250w 15 mph bike, everything isn’t black and white.

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Not all of us who have derestricted our bikes are rowdies or terrorising the public, so please don’t generalise.

Is everyone in USA terrorising the public or are rowdies because their bike can legally go 20 mph?
Anyone riding an Ebike in Northern Ireland before today would have been a law breaker , even in a 250w 15 mph bike, everything isn’t black and white.
I reckon it is for him in his ivory tower, if its not de-restrictions to moan about its Bosch motors, always the same bleating.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Andy
And I honestly thought Victor Meldrew was as fictional character... Totally laughable :D

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Try this the video example is on the Fiido D1 model instead of the D2, but it might work on your D2
Big thumbs up for getting back on track to what the OP originally asked for ;)

Reactions: Warwick2

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
Note it does say in that web link...

>Rising power/speed limit over manufactures specs may damage your bike.<

You can make anything go faster if you speed the motor up, but it's still the same bike with the same components and the same engine. I can modify my car with a firmware upgrade to give more torque but I know already it will cause damage to the clutch in the long term and it's the same with a E-Bike.
If you really must go faster get a more powerful bike or better still a petrol engine machine.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It's quite simple guys if you want to talk derestriction or speed use the appropriate sub forum for S -Pedelecs then the forum police will have no need to disagree.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
It's quite simple guys if you want to talk derestriction or speed use the appropriate sub forum for S -Pedelecs then the forum police will have no need to disagree.
they really should call it something different like derestricted ebikes /dongles as most dont have a clue what s Pedelecs even means.

my inbox is 4 fkn pages long asking you know what lol

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
@Pecoton: If you linger here for any length of time, you'll quickly establish that there are folk on here who cannot resist getting on a soap box regardless of the topic. Your thread here is an example. I asked on another thread about repairing Bosch batteries and it descended into a seemingly endless discussion on the merits of Bosch's products, none of which I read. When I simply asked if anyone could actually answer my original question, I was told I had an attitude!

I rarely visit here now, as there are too many soap box jockeys venting their spleens.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I ignore most of the forum police/do gooders and try and reply to those who in the main are having electronic issues or teething problems. To many trying to be PC when there are bigger issues in the world, who gives a toss about 4 or 5 mph difference I certainly don't and if someone wants to ride at 20 mph so what.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
@Pecoton: If you linger here for any length of time, you'll quickly establish that there are folk on here who cannot resist getting on a soap box regardless of the topic. Your thread here is an example. I asked on another thread about repairing Bosch batteries and it descended into a seemingly endless discussion on the merits of Bosch's products, none of which I read. When I simply asked if anyone could actually answer my original question, I was told I had an attitude!

I rarely visit here now, as there are too many soap box jockeys venting their spleens.

they can recell bosch batts but the bms must be working and charging to be able to do it for about £300.

• Informative

bayzoo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 22, 2020
Apologies, partly my fault for bringing up Thomas Hanlon; should have asked that on a separate thread

Advertisers