length of lockdown?

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Perhaps using the word hoax is misleading. The bug definitely exists. The American nurse in the video posted earlier (who was dismissed as an 'activist') said how the lungs of infected people seemed to show up white. Yes, the bug exists, but the number of deaths does not justify what the government is doing, explained on the posters I was sent yesterday. The whole thing is being used to enable them to follow their own agenda. This is explained in detail on the UK Column site, by people far more erudite and clued-up than myself. If it was just me putting these views forward, you might be justified in calling me a looney, but there are many people who can see that things are not right, just by looking at the figures. There are 500,000 people who die EVERY year in the UK. 1,400 every day (on average). If you keep this in mind when reading the figures put out by the mainstream media, you might be able to make sense of it all.
Ah so its not a hoax but a conspiracy exposed to you by a couple of pics of A4 laminated printouts in a window somewhere put there by expert conspiracy theorists. Where can I go to see these printouts as they seem to be a primary source?

• :D
Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The conspiracy believers just let them be, in their own little imaginary world.
Looking at the current data for Africa, Asia in parts & N & S America doesn't buck their theories at all.

Bobajob

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2019
Cornwall
Where
All governments use circumstances to advance their own agenda, it's the norm and has been as long as government existed. But there is no current conspiracy, Covid-19 is as inconvenient to the government as it is to us all, since it's making a real mess of their Brexit plans and ambitions.

You can ignore the news, real or fake, and the official numbers. The only thing that counts is the excess over normal deaths, and we've had 65,000 over the norm, roughly 1 in 1000 more people dying over a roughly 4 month period.

All this really amounts to is small reduction in average life span, back to where it was maybe ten years ago and mainly affecting the very elderly.

That some young people also suffer Covid death is immaterial since they also die of other conditions. For example most deaths from cancer are among the older age groups, but a proportion have always been among the young and very young, making Covid-19 no different.
did you get your information from as I’ve read different statistic which isn’t the same?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Where

did you get your information from as I’ve read different statistic which isn’t the same?
45,000 is the official death toll of Covid-19, but that leaves large numbers unaccounted for. Compared with last year there's 65,000 excess deaths over the norm for the same period, so that's obviously a more accurate number.

Probably many deaths were't recorded as due to Covid-19, especially in the early period when not much was known about it.

Last edited:

Bobajob

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2019
Cornwall
45,000 is the official death toll of Covid-19, but that leaves large numbers unaccounted for. Compare with last year there's 65,000 excess deaths over the norm for the same period, so that's obviously a more accurate number.

Probably many deaths were't recorded as due to Covid-19, especially in the early period when not much was known about it.
Yes I don’t doubt it but where did you get the figures from flecc?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes I don’t doubt it but where did you get the figures from flecc?
A BBC Radio 4 programme expert discussion on the subject about a couple of weeks ago, possibly in their Briefing Room series, and it's been reported elsewhere a number of times. It refers only to the infection period, we have no idea of the year end position of course.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
A BBC Radio 4 programme expert discussion on the subject about a couple of weeks ago, possibly in their Briefing Room series, and it's been reported elsewhere a number of times. It refers only to the infection period, we have no idea of the year end position of course.
Sorry Flecc, but I had to report you.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

WheezyRider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2020
It shows that the death rate is now lower than the last 5 years average.
That's because a lot of the frail people who would have died at this time have already died because of Covid.

GSV3MiaC

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2020
Don't we have a moderator who can move this whole thread elsewhere? It is worth debating, maybe, but just not here. Move thread is a common forum function, no?

WheezyRider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2020
Here's hoping that you don't need any help in the future.
Dear vfr,

If you want to help me if I have issues, great. If you don't, that's your choice. There are many other people around who will help, or I will get help elsewhere. I'm not going to be intimidated regarding what I post for fear of upsetting someone who sometimes acts in an inappropriate manner.

If you want to act in a manner that is mature, constructive and helpful, that's fantastic. If you want to act in an immature manner, that's your choice, but I would like to think that you are a bigger man than that.

There's no point saying any more about this in a public forum, I suggest if you want me to clarify anything to you, you send me a direct message and we can chat off line to resolve any issues.

Regards,

Wheezy

Chainring

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
I have typed-up the posters I put on here earlier, and that were difficult to read. I've managed to convert them from ODT to JPG, so hopefully, people can now read and digest. I went to the NHS link given, and it's still working.RETYPEONE.jpgRETYPE2.jpg

WheezyRider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2020
I have typed-up the posters I put on here earlier, and that were difficult to read. I've managed to convert them from ODT to JPG, so hopefully, people can now read and digest. I went to the NHS link given, and it's still working.View attachment 37279View attachment 37280
So what point are you trying to make?

a) There is no pandemic and more than half a million people have not died?

b) The only people who are dying are old or have pre-existing conditions, so they are not worth worrying about?

c) The World's population is so big, 1% dying is an irrelevance?

In the UK if we had not had a lock down, the peak number of deaths per day back in April would have been far higher and we'd be looking at a total death figure in the hundreds of thousands for the UK alone.

As it is, the government prevaricated and locked down later than it should, causing an extra 20 to 30 thousand deaths.

Look at what has happened in America, they didn't lock down very hard and they opened up again too early and look at the result.

If you think Covid is just a conspiracy, why don't you infect yourself to prove to everyone how harmless it is? That's got to be the most sound argument surely?

Advertisers