Giant DailyTour 2021

DavidHolden

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 16, 2020
Hello folks, I've been waiting for the 2021 bike models to be released before making a decision on what to buy and I found these details on the Slovenian Giant site.

Is it safe to say the spec would be similar or the same for the UK model?

It has a 625Wh battery and a SyncDrive motor I haven't seen before, it's a SyncDrive Core which it says has 50Nm of power.

Regards
David

Gavin

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 11, 2020
You might need to brush up on your Slovenian (or use Google translate) to check it hasn't got "continental" brake levers....

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
Hello folks, I've been waiting for the 2021 bike models to be released before making a decision on what to buy and I found these details on the Slovenian Giant site.

Is it safe to say the spec would be similar or the same for the UK model?

It has a 625Wh battery and a SyncDrive motor I haven't seen before, it's a SyncDrive Core which it says has 50Nm of power.

Regards
David
SyncDrive is Giant‘s rebadged Yamaha motor with their own battery / software.

DavidHolden

Jul 16, 2020
You might need to brush up on your Slovenian (or use Google translate) to check it hasn't got "continental" brake levers....
I'm not buying from the Slovenian site, I just wondered whether the spec would be the same for the UK model of the bike.

DavidHolden

Jul 16, 2020
SyncDrive is Giant‘s rebadged Yamaha motor with their own battery / software.
Yep, I know they use Yamaha motors. The SyncDrive 'Core' is the one that I haven't seen before, the usual ones are 'Life', 'Sport' and 'Pro'.

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
Based on the new Yamaha PWseries CE motor.

Reactions: DavidHolden