Bosch speed sensor cable routing?

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
Does anyone know if the Bosch speed sensor cable on my Cube Race 500 routes along the bottom of the seat post tube?
In other words, if you were to remove the seat & post and shove a stick down there, would it come into contact with the cable?

The reason I ask is my speed sensor cable has failed, lbs Bosch diagnostics doesn't give any reading of the cable being present.
I was finding my seat was gradually lowering over time despite being fully clamped, so I inserted a length of metal tubing down there which was cut to length to that it stopped the seat post from dropping down any further. I'm wondering of the tubing might have come into contact with the speed sensor cable and severed it?

argoose

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2017
south wales
seems like a possibility.
remove the length of pipe and apply some carbon assembly grease to the seat post.
Is it the original seatpost or aftermarket ?

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
The seat post hasn't been changed, I just removed it, inserted a length of metal tubing into the frame, and then dropped the seat post back in. The tubing sticks out and the seat post goes over the outside of it and slides down. The tubing is cut to just the right length for the seat post to go only as far down as is needed.

The bike shop has my bike, and they have ordered a new speed sensor cable. It won't be until they remove the original cable that they will know if it has been severed by the tubing, or if its just faulty.

Related Articles

Advertisers