For Sale Oxydrive 13AH battery pack for sale

Planemo

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2015
As it seems like I am unfortunately not going to recover my stolen Giant Trance with Oxydrive kit, I think its probably best if I bury the sorry event and see if anyone needs a spare batt for their bike. This has only done a few hundred miles, the bike had about 650miles on it when stolen but my original battery was replaced under warranty by Oxydrive due to a failed power switch. Its therefore in perfect working order, holds a full charge and it comes with a locking key.

Never stored at full charge as I always pamper my batteries, the only reason it shows 4 bars in the pic is because I fully charged it about 15 miles before the bike got stolen!

No idea what this is worth really, new they were a lot of money, I guess I would like to see £100 as all funds are going towards new bikes at the mo.

Collection only from Billericay, Essex, although I am prepared to drive a little way if it helps.

Cheers

Attachments

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
These were once in great demand and could still be, just out of curiosity, who did you contact for a replacement under warranty? My mate enquired about getting a new one of these last year from oxygen UK and was messed about by CS and he was willing to pay full price... sadly he has been trying to get a replacement motor since lock down, from oxygen and they are having issues with stock... We live to far a field to even meet to collect this so I wont even mention it to him, without a new motor his only option is to source another kit.

EDIT - fair price though, it's refreshing to a realist.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Originally Oxygen was started I believe by Andrew of ( H7 Engineering ) the Oxydrive kit chap, he sold the company (Oxygen on). The two systems both use the DASKIT stuff, the battery and mounting plate with integral controller are universal but as usual one should check battery polarity as always.

Planemo

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2015
Ah, interesting thanks for that. I didnt think the 2 companies were the same because I have never seen an Oxygen bike with the Oxydrive battery/battery mounting. I did have a quick look on the website just now - an Oxygen 13Ah battery is £440 new o_O

Shame I cant just buy a battery mount etc from Oxygen (or anywhere else it seems) :(

Edit: scrap that, I just remembered that my replacement bike has a thru axle boost frame so I am stuffed for a wheel either way. Shame because I think Das-Kit could be persuaded to sell the other bits. They do still show the battery mount on their website.

Last edited:

stevenatleven

Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2011
Fife
These batteries are rare and I was looking for one a year ago, I tried das kit but they wouldn't post. Andrew at H7 still has some but in the end I decided to sell up and go crank drive. Oxygen's first mtb had this style of battery. It's a shame you don't have the mounting plate as I think the controller is located inside it. From the desc of the battery 100 is a good price.

• Agree
Reactions: PC2017

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Oxydrive kit chap, he sold the company (Oxygen on
Yep I assumed that was common knowledge, sorry for the confusion...;) TBF I was just looking at the pictures lol

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
My Oxydrive controller failed so I removed it and used an exterior KT kit. The cells were the mediocre Samsung 26F & 22F in my pair of batteries and eventually they lost to much capacity so I stripped them out and kept the cases and rail for future use.
One day I will likely re-cell to 48v as the style of case fits nicely in a triangle .