Anybody got experience of "Juicy" e bikes?

Sep 13, 2020
A colleague has recommended them to me, but I'm honestly not sure. There's such a massive choice out there, and I don't want to make a mistake.

He's got a Juicy "ticket" apparently. Says it's great.

I've had a look at their website but like any manufacturer they're always going to recommend their own stock.

If not that then what would you recommend. Male 6' 2", age 47, 12.5 stone, physically fit - budget of up to £2k. Want a good all round electric bike for on and off road travel. Up to 25 miles at a time.

Thanks in advance,

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Juicy are one of the longest established ebike brands. They're a small family business run by the nicest of people. You won't get any trouble from them.

Their range of bikes has expanded recently, so a much better choice. The Ticket is a light-weight stealth solution. It has a fair amount of power considering the size of the motor. those Aikema motors are highly reputed. I've been using them for 10 years and never had an issue.

There is a big choice of ebikes now. They all work pretty well. Any of them are better than having none. I find it more and more difficult to make recommendations now unless someone has very specific requirements. With what you described, just about any ebike that's big enough would work for you.

Sep 13, 2020
Juicy are one of the longest established ebike brands. They're a small family business run by the nicest of people. You won't get any trouble from them.

Their range of bikes has expanded recently, so a much better choice. The Ticket is a light-weight stealth solution. It has a fair amount of power considering the size of the motor. those Aikema motors are highly reputed. I've been using them for 10 years and never had an issue.

There is a big choice of ebikes now. They all work pretty well. Any of them are better than having none. I find it more and more difficult to make recommendations now unless someone has very specific requirements. With what you described, just about any ebike that's big enough would work for you.
Cheers vfr400, that's a great help :)

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
A sensible filtering process is to first decide on the style of bike you want, then look for bikes in that style with a motor.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
A colleague has recommended them to me, but I'm honestly not sure. There's such a massive choice out there, and I don't want to make a mistake.

He's got a Juicy "ticket" apparently. Says it's great.

I've had a look at their website but like any manufacturer they're always going to recommend their own stock.

If not that then what would you recommend. Male 6' 2", age 47, 12.5 stone, physically fit - budget of up to £2k. Want a good all round electric bike for on and off road travel. Up to 25 miles at a time.

Thanks in advance,
In my opinion, given your good level of fitness you should look for a bike which you can have serviced locally and be able to try before you buy.
Bikes are becoming lighter which is useful for storing and moving the bike when you're not riding it.
Juicy have trouble keeping up with demand at the moment and you may have a wait with us.
The important thing is to get you riding so when you have tried a bike you like and it performs as you need, then go for it!
Life is too short to make every choice perfect and the burden of such a possibility can be a block to progress.
I hope you have plenty of fun on whichever bike finds you.

Sep 13, 2020
In my opinion, given your good level of fitness you should look for a bike which you can have serviced locally and be able to try before you buy.
Bikes are becoming lighter which is useful for storing and moving the bike when you're not riding it.
Juicy have trouble keeping up with demand at the moment and you may have a wait with us.
The important thing is to get you riding so when you have tried a bike you like and it performs as you need, then go for it!
Life is too short to make every choice perfect and the burden of such a possibility can be a block to progress.
I hope you have plenty of fun on whichever bike finds you.
Thanks a lot Bob. Yes I can see there's obviously a waiting list. However, I may well be contacting you in the near future to go on that list !

I'm not surprised there's such a high demand given the current circumstances with covid, and the lockdown earlier this year. Many people want to avoid public transport and cycle instead, be that to work or elsewhere - or indeed, just for plain leisure. A bike beats a car on many levels, including access to areas which cars can't get to.

Thinking about off road, are your bikes fitted with puncture resistant tyres? An important consideration.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
They are POR and that I too think it is a very wise part of anyone's requirements.
However most ebikes do include them as a matter of course. In Juicy's case we use Continental Brand.
It may be best to contact the team via sales or support email. The support team are excellent in my view so I advise support@juicybike.com for all the tech details.
I will soon be retiring to pastures new but hope to hear how you get on with whichever bike you eventually choose.
All the best.

Sep 13, 2020
They are POR and that I too think it is a very wise part of anyone's requirements.
However most ebikes do include them as a matter of course. In Juicy's case we use Continental Brand.
It may be best to contact the team via sales or support email. The support team are excellent in my view so I advise support@juicybike.com for all the tech details.
I will soon be retiring to pastures new but hope to hear how you get on with whichever bike you eventually choose.
All the best.
Again, thanks Bob. Enjoy your retirement & all the best.

I'll post how I get on.

Reactions: JuicyBike

brindledog

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 22, 2017
Appleton
Juicy Bikes every time! I've been a happy customer since Adam was a
lad, and it's been a good experience. At the moment I'm having problems getting a new battery to propel my Dutch step-through but I'm convinced I'll soon be back on the road! Best wishes to Bob and the rest of the team.

brindledog

Apr 22, 2017
Appleton
J and I have had Juicy Dutch bikes for about ten years. Trouble-free, sturdy, lovely bikes - the Daimlers of the bicycle world! J has a balance problem and passed her bike on to a neice, I am having a spot of trouble matching a new battery to mine but expect they'll clear this up and I'll have a few more years exploring the Cheshire lanes and coffee shops!
(J now has a trike, not a Juicy but purchased from Bob.)
Hope Bob has a great retirement = best job I've ever had!
Tom

EBikerBob

Jan 29, 2009
All the best in retirement Bob. Is the Newtown shop now closed for good?
Thanks Stuart
Juicy had hoped to find an independent new owner to continue with the Newtown shop as it has such a good established presence. As yet no-one has appeared.
I'm now looking for new projects while getting my head around a small orchard that needs some care (a hell of a lot) . I haven't a clue where to start! There isn't any manual or power button...
Hope all is good with you.
BR, Bob

• Agree
Reactions: Artstu
Sep 13, 2020
All the best.
Well a few days ago, I bought the one I referred to in my first post. Colleague needed the money for various reasons, so I paid him £1k for it. It had 749 miles on the readout. I've been out on it a few times now, and it rides brilliantly. I'm actually keeping the power on most of the time at 3 PAS, because although I can ride without it, it's so great with it on, that I just can't resist. The only thing I have noticed is that it cuts out at high speed, and doesn't always kick straight back in when the speed drops below 15.5 mph.

Also, I wish I'd got the larger battery size, as this one runs out quite quickly - after about 23 or so miles.

But generally, I'm thrilled, and now feel like a fully fledged member of the electric bike community.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Once at or above 15.5mph most ebikes should cut out as this is the max assist speed allowed though some bikes one can adjust this to any speed, my bikes I adjust to 16.7mph for a bit more and can nicely cycle above this speed after cut out. Some systems have a delay in assist cutting in again so there is nothing wrong with your bike.