Bosch battery key replacement

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
Anyone know how easy/difficult it is to obtain a replacement key for removing the bosch battery from my Cube Race ebike?
The bike repair shop may have lost it whilst my bike was in for repair, but they state I didn't leave the key with them, though I believe I did, but can't prove it.
So I may have to buy a replacement. Im guessing I might have to go back to the shop I purchased the bike from, but does anyone know if they are easily available to purchase?

Thanks.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
there are sn on the keys but if you dont know what it is you will need a new lock fitted.

the dealer might have a note of the sn so id try them first.

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
Didn't you get 2 keys and an ID tag with your bike? I think that's the only way to get a replacement.
I'm sure I did, but will have to go hunting in the loft for it!! I just wondered if they were an item that could be easily ordered in by the bike shop if they still have my details from when I purchased the bike.
If I find my spare, are they the type of key that places like Timpsons can copy/cut?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i got 2 keys with my bike but never had a key cut b4 but imo they should be able to make a copy

Reactions: The Bear

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
Thankfully I found my spare key, which after spending an hour searching the loft I discovered it wan't in the loft, but in a kitchen cupboard!! Might try and get a spare cut, just to be safe.

Reactions: soundwave

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
...and make some sort of "Spare key Storage" for all house/office and other important keys, and make sure you have at least 3 keys of every one....
One never "knows"!
Andy

Reactions: Markxc40

Darren Hayward

Pedelecer
Mar 25, 2015
My Cube arrived without the keys. Evans customer service were on the ball and supplied new ones by courier the next day. Who ever you bought the bike from should have the SN number unless its a local bike shop that doesn't bother.
Glad you found the spare.

Darren

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
My friend bought a 2nd hand Cube/Bosch ebike and no key for the battery. His local Bosch place found the key ser.# in the software and armed with that number he got a replacement off the internet somewhere - I'll see if I can get details.

• Informative
Reactions: Markxc40

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
Further to the above, the replacement key came from Key2code.co.uk , cost £7.99 - the keycode was buried deep in the various printouts from the bike's system and wasn't immediately obvious (as some of the words were in German) but my friend had some paperwork and he worked out the key number from that (see pic below).

GSV3MiaC

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2020
Yep, 3 keys, and store the makes and numbers on a pc file or two, as backup. Of course I bought a 3rd key for my abus sold secure gold D lock, and then found it doesn't work best well on a small wheel folder ... Open to offers! (Never actually used).