The development of the brand new 2020 Wispers... in Pictures!

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi David
Was wondering what the computers are fo the wayfarer? Can you post pictures please?
How is all going?
Cheers
Craig
The first bikes are being put together now, a few snags as always with a first production run.

There will a choice of three LCD screens, at an extra charge.

The basic one is as below and comes with the bike unless upgraded to Sport or Colour.

All the best, David

Reactions: cjd

cjd

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 23, 2013
The first bikes are being put together now, a few snags as always with a first production run.

There will a choice of three LCD screens, at an extra charge.

The basic one is as below and comes with the bike unless upgraded to Sport or Colour.

View attachment 37287

All the best, David
Wow thanks. Any photos of the others? Is the Sport like the EggRider design?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Looks like you haven't been reading Andy-mats posts David, you have obviously had no experience with ebike building and have the brake rotors on the wrong way :D :D :D.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Great stuff David and looking good.

Grebacwhite

Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2020
West sussex
We bought one yesterday, rear hub motor, 700Wh battery.
Have to say it looks very nice, this was on my 9 mile ride home from the shop we bought it from.
I have checked it over and generally very happy with it, i do have a couple of things i need to query which might possibly be an issue(nothing to do with the motor or electronics) i want to check against another Wayfarer bike to see if that's the same and then perhaps let the bike shop report back to Wisper.

I found i was using Eco mode for 90% of my ride, the other modes were more me just playing around with the extra oomph but fair to say it rolls along very nicely at around 12-14mph for a very leisurely relaxing ride.

I'm commuting to work next week on it, probably look at buying an Altura Dryline removable rear rack bag so i'm not carrying everything in my rucksack.

This blue and the cherry red were in stock and both colours are really nice and glossy, certainly stands out against all the other e-bikes!

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
We bought one yesterday, rear hub motor, 700Wh battery.
Have to say it looks very nice, this was on my 9 mile ride home from the shop we bought it from.
I have checked it over and generally very happy with it, i do have a couple of things i need to query which might possibly be an issue(nothing to do with the motor or electronics) i want to check against another Wayfarer bike to see if that's the same and then perhaps let the bike shop report back to Wisper.

I found i was using Eco mode for 90% of my ride, the other modes were more me just playing around with the extra oomph but fair to say it rolls along very nicely at around 12-14mph for a very leisurely relaxing ride.

I'm commuting to work next week on it, probably look at buying an Altura Dryline removable rear rack bag so i'm not carrying everything in my rucksack.

This blue and the cherry red were in stock and both colours are really nice and glossy, certainly stands out against all the other e-bikes!

View attachment 38177
Thanks for the first ever Wayfarer review! Please let me know if you have any concerns and I will try and answer for you.

Please let me know how you get on.

All the best, David

Reactions: Grebacwhite

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Will you be offering other fork options? To put it politely, I find the XCM slightly inadequate.
We can provide the through axle version as per the Mid Drive Wayfarers, but we find them perfectly adequate for commuting and milder off road uses.

All the best, David

cjd

Jan 23, 2013
Popped into Wisper today as I’m local. Took a step through mod for a spin. My first eBike rise ever. I have to say it was amazing. I was literally up to 14 mph in like 50 meters. The bike felt very light and the tyres looked wider than I had imagined.
I would defo go for the colour screen option and saw the portrait one being tested.
The guys in the workshop were brilliant. Chatted with me for 40 mins about all the components and its development.

if you’re in Kent. Well worth going to see them.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Bobajob

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2019
Cornwall
Da
The use of Aluminium in modern eBikes has much to do with the fact it can easily be extruded and moulded. Our battery tube, wheel rims and mudguards have complicated sections designed in for strength, stiffness and to manage cables. The more complicated areas on our bikes i.e. the head tube and BB are moulded. Aluminium performs exceptionally well in both areas and can be welded together to create a strong, stiff and complex construction.

All the best, David

david

are the bikes available in March 2021?
The step through with high torque motor for my wife.
Rob

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Da

david

are the bikes available in March 2021?
The step through with high torque motor for my wife.
Rob
Hi Rob,

We sold out of the first production run almost immediately. Our second run starts next week. We should have some of all models available in two weeks time.

All the best, David

cjd

Jan 23, 2013
So just had the exiting news my wisper wayfarer adventure with the 7000 W battery will be here next week. A long tome coming but very excited since riding one a few weeks ago. Will be doing a full review when in hands!
Managed also to get a new lid (Soecialized Alin Max).

IwanEllis

Nov 14, 2019
So sorry for the delay, this year has been weird to say the least!

Yesterday's production, run about 20% of the bikes on back order.

View attachment 38766

The first lot went out by DHL yesterday.

All the best, David
Great pic! It certainly has been a strange one! I know you guys have been doing your best to get them out, the delays benefit no one, esp a business.

At least the demand is a good thing I.

Crossed fingers mine is in the 20% no email yet so not feeling confident. Plus mine is red!

Too much longer though and I'll be WELL over the maximum weight limit when it arrives!

Thanks for the update and crossing everything.