Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Australia’s robust action has worked. It’s a very popular policy with Aussies. I’d like to see the U.K. adopt a similar approach.
It has worked of course, brutal methods usually do.

But certainly not popular with all Australians. Large numbers are protesting at the inhumanity of these heartless measures against their fellow humans.

The whole of planet earth belongs to every living organisation born upon it, fauna, flora or fungi and the distribution is self equalising if left to do so. Migration is to resources and as migration diminishes resources in any one area, it diverts without any enforcement if allowed to.

Only in that way can we ever achieve an equitable world.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
BS Rather than heap blame immigrants and French for your woes as is you knee jerk reaction maybe look at the Govt in power, and ask them what's happened to the £2.3 billion allocated to starter homes.

Still the shortage as a consquence lends inself nicely to some private landlords profiteering from the lack of affordable housing.

Profiteering definition, the act or practice of seeking exorbitant profits, especially through the sale of scarce or rationed goods:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Good idea. There is an accommodation crisis in this country. People who have lived here since birth are unable to access accommodation. The French, in joint enterprise with people trafficking gangs l, are smuggling more and more people into the U.K. and they are accessing the accommodation ahead of those who have lived and worked here since birth.

The people crossing the channel on boats are not refugees. The U.K. needs to become an unattractive proposition for them and the ferry idea is the first step towards that goal.
You're making a case for a boat where our right wing morally impaired undesirables can be lodged where they can only harm others of a like disposition, did you know that?
The snag is we are likely to need a bigger fleet than the USA and Russia have combined.
The Patels of this world have certainly succeeded in diverting the simple minded away from serious matters with this over publicised nonsense
As if the Red army in full battle array was storming the beaches all along the South coast right now.
It's a trivial smokescreen to divert your attention from serious matters

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Do you only take British passport holders?

I don't know what your point is. I only let to people in work, no housing benefit claimants and more recently 9 months rent in advance. A couple of my tenants are Polish and they are the best I've ever had.

I don't know what your point is, and perhaps, neither do you.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
A few pages ago you were proclaiming how good it was to be able to rent out your buy to let's to eu (polish I believe) citizens, how much more money you make. If you're going to be hypocritical, try to make it a bit less visible. Also, that old fake news chestnut of immigrants taking our jobs and houses and gp appointments (so popular amongst benefit cheating plumbers, tax avoiders and other proud conservative xenophobes) is so stale farage does not even try to use it anymore
There is a subtle difference. The Polish tenants are here legally and are professional people able to pay their way. They didn't arrive in the UK in an inflatable boat, they came via the appropriate procedures. I wish I could find more Polish tenants like the two I already have.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
There is a subtle difference. The Polish tenants are here legally and are professional people able to pay their way. They didn't arrive in the UK in an inflatable boat, they came via the appropriate procedures. I wish I could find more Polish tenants like the two I already have.
Does
"Theres an accomodation crisis in this country. People who have lived here since birth are unable to access accomodation"
ring a bell? We have overinflated property prices because of low interest rates. Which are a direct result of neoconservative/conservative governments bailing banks and shielding them from further losses. And because some of us purchase multiple properties, like you, pricing the young and less affluent out of the market. And because pension funds are underachieving in an "economy" like ours based on financial "services" (and because of low interest rates that reduce pension fund revenue). In other words successive conservative governments are at the heart of what's wrong. And asylum seekers, for the record, are not illegal immigrants.

Last edited:

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Daily Mail revelling in Govt internment options

"One Whitehall source told Playbook: 'There is a rotten core of civil servants who have never gotten over Brexit... and fear the hard rain that is coming. They're the enemy within and will be rooted out.'

Ms Patel is understood to believe the processing centres would deter migrants who hope to settle in UK towns and cities. 'Offshoring is still at the scoping stage and policy is yet to be decided,' said a Government source.

'But we are looking at all options to stop the small boats in the Channel, and offshoring is part of that. In terms of locations you could look at the Shetlands, the Isle of Wight, the Isle of Man, and those sorts of areas.

'There are also lots of little islands up by Scotland.'"

Funnily enough in WW2 Germans and other foreigners who were considered potential "enemy aliens" were interned on the Isle of Man soon after the outbreak of war.

An outcry in Parliament led to the first releases of internees in August 1940. By February 1941 more than 10,000 had been freed, and by the following summer, only 5,000 were left in internment camps. Many of those released from internment subsequently contributed to the war effort on the Home Front or served in the armed forces. (some became secret listeners working for British Intelligence)

In around April 1941 as camps were cleared they were soon filled by British fascists.

• Informative
Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

"One Whitehall source told Playbook: 'There is a rotten core of civil servants who have never gotten over Brexit... and fear the hard rain that is coming. They're the enemy within and will be rooted out.'

Ms Patel is understood to believe the processing centres would deter migrants who hope to settle in UK towns and cities. 'Offshoring is still at the scoping stage and policy is yet to be decided,' said a Government source.

'But we are looking at all options to stop the small boats in the Channel, and offshoring is part of that. In terms of locations you could look at the Shetlands, the Isle of Wight, the Isle of Man, and those sorts of areas.

Funnily enough in WW2 Germans and other foreigners who were considered potential "enemy aliens" were interned on the Isle of Man soon after the outbreak of war.

An outcry in Parliament led to the first releases of internees in August 1940. By February 1941 more than 10,000 had been freed, and by the following summer, only 5,000 were left in internment camps. Many of those released from internment subsequently contributed to the war effort on the Home Front or served in the armed forces. (some became secret listeners working for British Intelligence)

In around April 1941 as camps were cleared they were soon filled by British fascists.
Wiki says:

Patel was born on 29 March 1972 to Sushil and Anjana Patel in London.[3][4] Her paternal grandparents were born in Gujarat, India, before emigrating to Uganda, and established a shop in Kampala.[5] In the 1960s, her parents emigrated to the UK and settled in Hertfordshire.

Many say:

Hypocrite.

It was OK for her family to move and get asylum in the UK. But not OK for others.

• Agree
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
It has worked of course, brutal methods usually do.

But certainly not popular with all Australians. Large numbers are protesting at the inhumanity of these heartless measures against their fellow humans.

The whole of planet earth belongs to every living organisation born upon it, fauna, flora or fungi and the distribution is self equalising if left to do so. Migration is to resources and as migration diminishes resources in any one area, it diverts without any enforcement if allowed to.

Only in that way can we ever achieve an equitable world.
Australian shut down Melbourne with just 17 confirmed corona infections.

They are the emperors new clothes. Every government must out do each other in the name of covid.

it reminds me of the BSE crisis. But this is that on steroids.

this isn’t the plague.

the scandal is what happened to the care homes. But the inquiry into this won’t finish till 2030. Hancock and the scientists will be long gone by then.

its a farce.

Sick people who could have been cured will die because we are protecting 80 year olds with pre existing conditions.

sorry you are 31 with cancer but we can’t treat you. Covid. Had a stroke and 59? Soz. We can’t help you. Covid. Heart condition at 48? Can you come back in a year?

******* joke.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

They are the emperors new clothes. Every government must out do each other in the name of covid.

this isn’t the plague.

the scandal is what happened to the care homes. But the inquiry into this won’t finish till 2030. Hancock and the scientists will be long gone by then.

its a farce.

Sick people who could have been cured will die because we are protecting 80 year olds with pre existing conditions.

sorry you are 31 with cancer but we can’t treat you. Covid. Had a stroke and 59? Soz. We can’t help you. Covid. Heart condition at 48? Can you come back in a year?

******* joke.
Australia will then be able to reopen quickly with minimal disruption. If anything I am extremely annoyed that we had the back of this broken in early June, and with a little more effort we could have killed it off.
The only real data is the 33M known to have contracted it and the 1M known to have died .That 1M equates to 4% of those who have had treatment terminated. So we are talking about a 4% mortality rate. That figure remains stubbornly high and was at 5% about 6 weeks ago,and 11% 16 weeks ago. So it is a plague.

I cannot talk about your health service, but stringent attempts have been made on this side of the water to get seriously ill people to go to hospital ..not the reverse . I speak from current experience. If ill people are reluctant to attend, as I was, it is hardly the hospitals fault.
There have been a number of errors in treatment .. intubation and therefore aerosolising the virus being one, and putting multiple patients in wards together another. .
Whatever else this is no joke. Stimulus packages for pubs and restaurants are a joke , but not the virus.

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

They wouldn't be big enough to take all the British Fascists now, would they? :D

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020

this isn’t the plague.

its a farce.

******* joke.
Self inflicted wounds. They should be shot at the hospital gates.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Does
"Theres an accomodation crisis in this country. People who have lived here since birth are unable to access accomodation"
ring a bell? We have overinflated property prices because of low interest rates. Which are a direct result of neoconservative/conservative governments bailing banks and shielding them from further losses. And because some of us purchase multiple properties, like you, pricing the young and less affluent out of the market. And because pension funds are underachieving in an "economy" like ours based on financial "services" (and because of low interest rates that reduce pension fund revenue). In other words successive conservative governments are at the heart of what's wrong. And asylum seekers, for the record, are not illegal immigrants.
Interest rates are low globally, it’s not a U.K. government thing. We’d have seen similar rates under Corbyn.

Houses are just as affordable now as they were when I bought my first home. The only difference is that young people are generally weak and lack the resolve and determination to go without in order to buy a house. In stead of spunking money on cars, holidays to find myself, alcohol and other needless garbage I invested, went without and worked hard.

Now they are behaving in a similar fashion with regards to Coronavirus. The ******* idiot next door to one of my tenants had a hot-tub party at the peak of lockdown.

No sympathy for them. All they are doing with their idiot behaviour is driving rents and property prices up, which suits me.

Professional victim city Liverpool are now bleating because they’ve got high levels of Coronavirus and it’s wrecking their local economy. What do the ***** expect? Just a few weeks ago they were packing the streets and launching fireworks at their most iconic building in order to celebrate a football match. Apparently, sales of hair perming solution and moustache dye have dropped of a cliff edge.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It was OK for her family to move and get asylum in the UK. But not OK for others.
they were British subjects before they arrived here, so what they did was no different to those that came on the MV Empire Windrush.
They exercised their right of abode.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Advertisers