Help! Problem with Voilamart controller

Tonywilson123

Pedelecer
Sep 30, 2020
One of your earlier photos of your original controller shows a flat black six pin connector with red, black, white, green, brown and yellow wires does it not?
You are quite right - on the old controller it is black 6 pin (throttle only) & on the new one they are white 5 pin (display) and a white 3 pin (throttle). My problem now is which 2 colours do I delete on the throttle.

Tonywilson123

Pedelecer
Sep 30, 2020
You are quite right - on the old controller it is black 6 pin (throttle only) & on the new one they are white 5 pin (display) and a white 3 pin (throttle). My problem now is which 2 colours do I delete on the throttle.
The only other problem that I can see is the old pas is black red white but the new controller is black yellow brown. What do I go to?
I will also have to switch one of the plugs around (male to female)

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The only other problem that I can see is the old pas is black red white but the new controller is black yellow brown. What do I go to?
If you're going to use your new throttle, do not try to connect it to the 5-pin. That's for the LCD. You connect it to the designated three pin connector, red to red, black to black and whatever the third throttle wire is to green. You didn't show your throttle connector, so i can't say.

Tonywilson123

Pedelecer
Sep 30, 2020
Sorry -and another problem - the brake sensor on the bike is black red but on the new controller it is black yellow - hopefully not a problem
If you're going to use your new throttle, do not try to connect it to the 5-pin. That's for the LCD. You connect it to the designated three pin connector, red to red, black to black and whatever the third throttle wire is to green. You didn't show your throttle connector, so i can't say.
the throttle has 6 wires red black white brown green and yellow - the new plug has 3 red black green - what is the 3rd colour to use? (To the green)

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Sorry -and another problem - the brake sensor on the bike is black red but on the new controller it is black yellow - hopefully not a problem

the throttle has 6 wires red black white brown green and yellow - the new plug has 3 red black green - what is the 3rd colour to use? (To the green)
White.

Tonywilson123

Pedelecer
Sep 30, 2020
Well - I switched on the battery, pressed the button and voila, it works.all I have got to do now is set up the display, speedo etc and take it for a test drive —- thank you to all who have helped me, I definitely couldn’t have done it without you

Advertisers