Brexit, for once some facts.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Your TDS must be pretty bad if you think of Giuliani or Sidney every time someone mentions the UK economy. Can you explain the links you went through in your mind to get to them from the Governor of the Bank of England? Was it because I mentioned "genius"? Is that the link? Please explain - I'm intrigued.
I saw your post.. and felt you needed reminding... The UK economy can trundle along on its own accord now.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Not as much of a genius as our Rudi, who figured it all out for himself, that Sidney is even Kookier than hinself or Tucker ..
Speaking of Rudi:

On Saturday night, shortly after a federal judge in Pennsylvania dismissed the Trump campaign’s major lawsuit seeking to stop the certification, Rudolph W. Giuliani, President Trump’s personal lawyer, promised to appeal the loss to the Third Circuit Court of Appeals and then, if necessary, to the United States Supreme Court.

But the papers the campaign filed with the Third Circuit were so narrowly tailored that they did not ask to reverse the ruling by the lower court judge, Matthew W. Brann, but merely requested permission to file another version of the allegations.

The appellate brief also did not request permission to go to the Supreme Court if it failed, but rather asked to have Judge Brann reconsider several issues he had already denied.

The appeals court said on Monday that Mr. Trump’s campaign could file new papers supporting its request by later this afternoon, and that the Democratic defendants could file new papers on Tuesday.

By that point, however, the certification of Pennsylvania’s vote will have already occurred, rendering the initial lawsuit moot.
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/11/23/us/joe-biden-trump#the-gop-bungles-its-final-stand-to-stop-pennsylvanias-election-certification

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
By that point, however, the certification of Pennsylvania’s vote will have already occurred, rendering the initial lawsuit moot.
GSA has now formally notified Biden that he can proceed with the transition.

• Informative
Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Seems (some of) our MPs have forgotten they are not in charge of the judiciary.

Tory MPs rebuked over letter to judge in Charlie Elphicke references case
Private secretary to lord chief justice says it was ‘improper’ to seek to influence decision

The head of the judiciary has admonished six Tory parliamentarians for seeking to influence a judge overseeing a hearing this week on whether references written in support of the former MP Charlie Elphicke can be made public.

The six wrote last week to senior judges, copying in the judge who will oversee the hearing on Wednesday, expressing concern that “matters of principle” should first be considered by senior members of the judiciary and by parliament.

But in a response from the office of the lord chief justice for England and Wales, they were told it was “improper” to seek to influence the decision of a judge who would ultimately rule on the basis of evidence and argument in court.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2020/nov/23/tory-mps-rebuked-over-letter-to-judge-in-charlie-elphicke-references-case

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Let us hope that the British Government is successful in protecting its citizens from the terrorist Shamima Begum. Hopefully she will remain in her chosen sand pit with all the other terrorist scum.
The point about being a citizen is ALWAYs being entitled to return. If she has done illegal actions or is a schizophrenic then she should be tried or treated. And yes we have one locally here in Dundalk, and she was brought home and court case pending.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Disappointing that it’s been ruled that Harry Dunn’s killer is entitled to diplomatic immunity. Hopefully a pathway for her to return to cooperate in an investigation will be found.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: daveboy and flecc

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
The point about being a citizen is ALWAYs being entitled to return. If she has done illegal actions or is a schizophrenic then she should be tried or treated. And yes we have one locally here in Dundalk, and she was brought home and court case pending.
She can face justice and make her home in Syria, her chosen country. She is a dangerous security threat in the U.K. and we can’t afford the monitoring costs. She is also likely to need a new identity because someone will pop her. The cost of that is also unaffordable, we could spend the money on children’s swings, litter bins and other more useful items.

• Agree
Reactions: daveboy and flecc

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
She can face justice and make her home in Syria, her chosen country. She is a dangerous security threat in the U.K. and we can’t afford the monitoring costs. She is also likely to need a new identity because someone will pop her. The cost of that is also unaffordable, we could spend the money on children’s swings, litter bins and other more useful items.
That is blatant hypocrisy. You are cedeing to the Home Secretary dictatorial power. Powers which would have existed under Habeus Corpus for 900 years in British Law. And 1200 years before that as a Roman Citizen
Think for a minute, you make the trip to Dublin next year to see England hammer the Irish Rugby team, and then you are declared Stateless when you appear at Holyhead. No judicial process , just a signature

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
She knowingly and very willingly left this country to join with and support against us a deadly sworn enemy of this country, peopled by beings whose behaviour isn't even human. In doing so she removed any entitlement to the benefits of civilisation, such as our legal system and other protections.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Think for a minute, you make the trip to Dublin next year to see England hammer the Irish Rugby team, and then you are declared Stateless when you appear at Holyhead. No judicial process , just a signature
Irrelevant nonsense, we aren't discussing games.

• :D
Reactions: Barry Shittpeas

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
That is blatant hypocrisy. You are cedeing to the Home Secretary dictatorial power. Powers which would have existed under Habeus Corpus for 900 years in British Law. And 1200 years before that as a Roman Citizen

I am more than happy to take my chances.

However, I am supremely confident that it won't happen to me because I won't choose to cut an innocent person's head off with a knife, I won't throw gay people off tall buildings, I won't drill people's eyes out with a De-Walt cordless drill because they can't memorise passages of the Koran and I won't disembowel people whilst they are still alive. In addition, I won't leave the UK in order to support a group of people who carry out such actions.

The remainder of your reasoning goes way beyond the ridiculous and is utter nonsense.

Hopefully, common sense will prevail, Begum will remain in her chosen sand pit and we won't even think about her in 12 months time.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
we should not even talk about it when the case is being heard in Court.
She has proper legal representation and of high caliber in Lord Pannick QC.

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Ms Begum was stripped of her citizenship for public good reason. She isn't a UK citizen and has taken a decision to become our sworn enemy. The fact that it's all gone wrong, her sub-human cult has been defeated is just tough titty. I hope she likes sand for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I'm laughing at her self inflicted plight.

Let it be a warning to the rest of her scum.

Last edited:
  • Agree

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
we should not even talk about it when the case is being heard in Court.
She has proper legal representation and of high caliber in Lord Pannick QC.
I know Dave Pannick, played against him during school cricket matches in the early 1970s (we used to call him Corporal Jones "Don't Panic!"), he's a good lad. He'll do right by the UK ;)

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
She knowingly and very willingly left this country to join with and support against us a deadly sworn enemy of this country, peopled by beings whose behaviour isn't even human. In doing so she removed any entitlement to the benefits of civilisation, such as our legal system and other protections.
Flecc..those are lawless statements you are making. I though you better than that. It is not how we treat our friends or those on our side that defines civilised behaviour, but how we treat those whose ideals we abhor.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Flecc..those are lawless statements you are making. I though you better than that. It is not how we treat our friends or those on our side that defines civilised behaviour, but how we treat those whose ideals we abhor.
That passage is worn out, I’ve heard it so many times. Think up something original for yourself.

She’s a sworn enemy and she is a danger to the public. We don’t deserve to have her inflicted upon us.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
That passage is worn out, I’ve heard it so many times. Think up something original for yourself.

She’s a sworn enemy and she is a danger to the public. We don’t deserve to have her inflicted upon us.
Because it is repeated does not make it untrue. Your next sentence contains three assertions none of which are necessarily true. And if they are.
1. Try and then imprison her.
2. Intern her
3. I have my doubts!

• Disagree
Reactions: Barry Shittpeas

Advertisers