Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
All the current jabs are the AZ vaccines, so they can do both jabs on 15-16 millions by the end of March.
That would tie in nicely with schools re-opened after Easter.
But can the AZ be the second dose to a first dose Pfizer?

Especially after 12 weeks but still be effective? I'd suggest there's more unknowns than knowns in that mix.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
But can the AZ be the second dose to a first dose Pfizer?
No. Even if there is no contra-indication.
I think we used up the first shipment of Pfizer. Don't forget the price tag: Pfizer $25 against AZ 2.18 euros.

• Informative
  • :D
Reactions: POLLY and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Most sites (including NHS and. Gov are not updated daily.) With a vaccine rate of 400k plus a day if they are not updated daily or written that day of course they will show lower figures)

But I suppose anybody saying anything positive is part of the grand conspiracy.
So yes, perhaps ITV lying..
This while true needs to be taken under advisement, the government are not notorious when it comes to wanting to look "World Beating! " are they?

Reactions: oyster

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No. Even if there is no contra-indication.
I think we used up the first shipment of Pfizer. Don't forget the price tag: Pfizer $25 against AZ 2.18 euros.
So we still have to buy enough Pfizer to complete all the first jabs using that. I know we've ordered much more but don't know if the excess can be cancelled to save money. I doubt it.

Reactions: POLLY

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Most sites (including NHS and. Gov are not updated daily.) With a vaccine rate of 400k plus a day if they are not updated daily or written that day of course they will show lower figures)
The linked site updates throughout the day, or it was doing.(this one was updated yesterday tea time)

But I suppose anybody saying anything positive is part of the grand conspiracy.
So yes, perhaps ITV lying..
Still trying that corny line?
"But I suppose anybody saying anything positive is part of the grand conspiracy. "

Doing half a job and risking peoples lives in the process is not a course of action that even remotely can be classed as positive.
But suggesting anyone being cautious is part of a grand conspiracy could well be part of one.

Praise should be earned not used to make excuses for poor performance

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
How long before the notion of mixing vaccine types because of short supply (or because the other is much cheaper) appears as first a leaked rumour from a "source" before becoming an idea, and then policy?
I suspect a month

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
How long before the notion of mixing vaccine types because of short supply (or because the other is much cheaper) appears as first a leaked rumour from a "source" before becoming an idea, and then policy?
I suspect a month
Screenshot_20210125_123741_com.android.chrome.jpg
BMJ announced on 4th January in extreme situations vaccines can be mixed. Think it was reported on here.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n12

Says quite clearly in here if second dose not available its preferable to give available jab.??? Unchartered waters..(USA are not allowing this)

But say you rolled up for 2nd jab and you were told no Pfizer available.
Would you
A) Wait (??? How long?)
B) refuse jab completely.
C) Accept AZ??
I wonder if we, d even know?
Above situation is going to happen...
Think I, d go for C... But???

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
There's nothing like a Scientific approach
And this is just that, nothing like a Scientific approach.
But what a fantastic saving to be made eh?
$20 down to £2.40?

And we can claim our huge casualties are the result of world beating VA analysis
We tried following the Science but then realised it was so far ahead it was lapping us for the third time

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I suspect a month
It was weeks, if not months, ago there was talk of using Oxford-AstraZeneca for one dose and Sputnik for the second. From memory, they were thinking about doing a trial. Even some hope that such an approach might be better in terms of coping with variations in the virus.

No idea what then happened. If anything.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n12

Says quite clearly in here if second dose not available its preferable to give available jab.??? Unchartered waters..(USA are not allowing this)

But say you rolled up for 2nd jab and you were told no Pfizer available.
Would you
A) Wait (??? How long?)
B) refuse jab completely.
C) Accept AZ??
I wonder if we, d even know?
Above situation is going to happen...
Think I, d go for C... But???
I go for C too.

• Informative
Reactions: POLLY and flecc

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

This site in theory gives a live count of Vaccinations given. (no idea how they know but looks great)

But the 6,353,321st person must have rhino skin.. Seems to be stuck...

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I go for C too.
I think Moderna, AZ and Pfizer all produce a response in same body mechanisms... But who knows... But I agree I, d take C but wouldn't want somebody making decision for me.. Its not perfect but I, d guess as more vaccines come on line its going to happen more.???
Every year I roll up for flu vaccine without a question of what it is...???

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I think the government have only got 1 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine and have pretty much use that stock up on the first 450,000 of us.
All the current jabs are the AZ vaccines, so they can do both jabs on 15-16 millions by the end of March.
That would tie in nicely with schools re-opened after Easter.
Doesn't tie up with this:

Around 5million Pfizer jabs in the UK... but why haven’t they been used more quickly?
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/health/5m-pfizer-vaccine-jabs-uk-questions-rollout-b698245.html

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I think we received 950,000 doses.
there is no delivery of Pfizer vaccine for some time now. Next delivery April.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

Has anyone noticed how sever Covid has hit Gibraltar.
Only has a population of 30k or so but has had 65 deaths..
Compare that to Isle of Man with over treble that population has had according to data I can find only 25..??
Gubraltar warmer, very similar socio economy.???
Wonder why...??

Isle of Man (24/1/21)
Screenshot_20210125_141940_com.android.chrome.jpg

Roughly you are 4 times more likely to die of Covid in Gibraltar than you are on Isle of Man??? What on earth is going on..

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Gibraltar is a town, more densely populated compared to the IOM.
Could be.. But folk are reasonably well spaced (place must hold 60k tourists when there at height of season)
Majority of folk on Isle of Man live in Douglas. I, d guess Douglas has more inhabitants than Gibraltar???
Just checked.. Douglas has 29k residents. Gibraltar in total 30k..Geographically Gibraltar way bigger than Douglas, but has fared probably 5 times worse??
There is something going on nobody knows about with Covid. Difference in stats can't be explained at moment. Think we are all still guessing.
Gibraltar has had approaching 2000 deaths per million population.???

Last edited:

Advertisers