Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
How to publicly announce personal denial of any willingness to battle a deadly foe

Imagine if Churchill had said "All I can offer is defeat, as personally I don't believe we can win"

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Imagine if Churchill had said "All I can offer is defeat, as personally I don't believe we can win"
Dreadful, many millions of lives no longer lost and countless more not crippled for life.

It's barely thinkable about.

(You'll gather I'm implacably opposed to war, any war)
.-

Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Dreadful, many millions of lives no longer lost and countless more not crippled for life.

It's barely thinkable about.

(You'll gather I'm implacably opposed to war, any war)
.-
So am I , I was speaking meta-wotsitsname

Reactions: flecc

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
You are very very wrong again.

The AZ and PB vaccine is reducing hospital admissions by over 80% after on dose. It’s also having a significant impact on transmission.

The U.K. vaccination process is being heralded as a spectacular success.

The over 80s are responding particularly well to the AZ vaccine. I guess the oily spiteful French dwarf will be under pressure to have a re-think now :D :D :D :D :D :D
1. I hadn't bothered referring to the AZ vaccine since it has not been in use sufficiently long. We will be happy to use it with the older cohorts, when the data supports it.
2. The Israeli figures for the Pfizer concur with the major reduction in hospital admissions and illnesses in the initial period, but then their data informs that the protection Drops significantly with time , beyond the recommended interval. ..which is what I reported

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
1. I hadn't bothered referring to the AZ vaccine since it has not been in use sufficiently long. We will be happy to use it with the older cohorts, when the data supports it.
2. The Israeli figures for the Pfizer concur with the major reduction in hospital admissions and illnesses in the initial period, but then their data informs that the protection Drops significantly with time , beyond the recommended interval. ..which is what I reported
The protection from severe disease requiring hospitalisation in the over 80s is around 90%. The protection after one dose is long lasting. The delayed second dose is turning out to be a wise move.

POLLY

Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
Chesterfield
Sobering thought:

Good morning, Amelia Hill here bringing you the thought-provoking news that the director of the Covid-19 Genomics UK consortium, Sharon Peacock, has just told the BBC that the coronavirus variant first found in the British region of Kent is likely to sweep around the world and the battle with the virus is going to go on for at least a decade.
The Kent variant has “swept the country” and “it’s going to sweep the world, in all probability,” the head of the UK’s genetic surveillance programme said, told the BBC.
“Once we get on top of [the virus] or it mutates itself out of being virulent - causing disease - then we can stop worrying about it. But I think, looking in the future, we’re going to be doing this for years. We’re still going to be doing this 10 years down the line, in my view.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2021/feb/11/coronavirus-live-news-two-masks-substantially-reduce-exposure-italy-to-reopen-ski-resorts
100% Bullcrap

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Prof Aziz Sheikh was on BBC1 this morning. He seemed reluctant to go into any details other than the figures of 85% and 81% among the 80+.
My guess is the chosen date of his studies (January) means that a large percentage of his cohort has been vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine. The AZ vaccine was used much later.
All his subjects have has the jab more than 4 weeks prior.

POLLY

Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
Chesterfield
Sobering thought:

Good morning, Amelia Hill here bringing you the thought-provoking news that the director of the Covid-19 Genomics UK consortium, Sharon Peacock, has just told the BBC that the coronavirus variant first found in the British region of Kent is likely to sweep around the world and the battle with the virus is going to go on for at least a decade.
The Kent variant has “swept the country” and “it’s going to sweep the world, in all probability,” the head of the UK’s genetic surveillance programme said, told the BBC.
“Once we get on top of [the virus] or it mutates itself out of being virulent - causing disease - then we can stop worrying about it. But I think, looking in the future, we’re going to be doing this for years. We’re still going to be doing this 10 years down the line, in my view.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2021/feb/11/coronavirus-live-news-two-masks-substantially-reduce-exposure-italy-to-reopen-ski-resorts
100% Bullcrap

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
The protection from severe disease requiring hospitalisation in the over 80s is around 90%. The protection after one dose is long lasting. The delayed second dose is turning out to be a wise move.
Not according to the Israeli study. The level of protection falls with time and they were quoting 60% protection after some months. This is for the Pfizer vaccine. The data for the AZ would not be as developed. Now you either quote your data source ,,.as I have . RTE TV News , by their London reporter and referring to an Israeli study to be given today at HoC .,

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The simple fact is that either by accident or design there are no issued casualty figures of fatalities or indeed hospitalisations of post single vaccination patients available to the public in this country.
Your conclusion depends on Faith, whether you have any or not.
logically there must have been some cases in both categories
It follows either
We are far luckier than the Israelis were
Or much more likely the government is taking their usual approach, either by not bothering to collect the data
Or doing a "Russian political interference report" and deliberately hiding the evidence

• Agree
  • :D
Reactions: POLLY and flecc

Advertisers