Bafang PAS vs Throttle

gazzabartman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 14, 2020
Westhoughton
Hi all, I’ve fitted my bbs01 kit a couple of weeks ago and had two good runs out and about while this dry weather is here... It goes along ok while on pedal assist quite a steady pace but when I used the throttle it pulls away like a train..... is there an option to make PAS and Throttle have the same output?
Thanks

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Here is a guide on programming the Bafang mid drive. It's a little hard to digest for newcomers to the programming side of things, but will give you an insight into what each parameter does.

https://electricbike-blog.com/2015/06/26/a-hackers-guide-to-programming-the-bbs02/

Programming the Bafang mid drive is actually pretty easy, plus there's plenty of experienced forum members here to guide you through.

Note, that although the title only states BBS02 and BBSHD, all the programming information applies to the BBS01 too!

gazzabartman

Dec 14, 2020
Westhoughton
That’s great thanks, when I bought the spanner to assemble, I bought the program cable as part of the pack but I was initially wary of using it and causing any damage. I’m going have a play around later this afternoon.

Reactions: Fordulike

Greenrider

May 2, 2021
That’s great thanks, when I bought the spanner to assemble, I bought the program cable as part of the pack but I was initially wary of using it and causing any damage. I’m going have a play around later this afternoon.
Hi, did you solve the issue. Im very interested in you findings as i have the exact same issue with my BBS01. Any info is highly appreciated. Thanx

gazzabartman

Dec 14, 2020
Westhoughton
I did follow up on the advice and bought the programming cable, I’ve changed the “keep current” setting from 20% up to 80% and have found everything pretty good.
I wanted to ask the others on the forum if I should push this setting up to 100% ?
Having the kit on the bike has completely refreshed my enthusiasm for going out on the bike, going out for longer rides without running out of steam.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Running 'Keep Current' at 100%, shouldn't create any problems. You'll probably notice the bike climbs hills better, at the expense of slightly reduced total miles per battery charge.

• Agree
Reactions: MontyPAS