Bikes available to buy now

Electric Ruth

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 24, 2021
After a great deal of thought I've decided the Santana 3 from Woosh is the bike for me but they don't have stock til the end of May. Can anyone recommend a similar bike available sooner?
I'm 90kg and 175cm tall with a dodgy knee. There are hills (20%+) in all directions from my house and the roads resemble tracks.
I am unlikely to ride more than 25miles in a day but living in North Wales none of this will be flat.
Any advice at all gratefully received.

D

Deleted member 33385

After a great deal of thought I've decided the Santana 3 from Woosh is the bike for me but they don't have stock til the end of May. Can anyone recommend a similar bike available sooner?
I'm 90kg and 175cm tall with a dodgy knee. There are hills (20%+) in all directions from my house and the roads resemble tracks.
I am unlikely to ride more than 25miles in a day but living in North Wales none of this will be flat.

It seems eaasier to buy conversion kits than ebikes at the moment.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You really need 48v when you're not very strong, have 90kg mass and hills, Some crank-drive bikes would also be OK, but a lot more expensive. This is the only one that comes to mind if you want a stepthrough type.

Reactions: Electric Ruth

Electric Ruth

Feb 24, 2021
You really need 48v when you're not very strong, have 90kg mass and hills, Some crank-drive bikes would also be OK, but a lot more expensive. This is the only one that comes to mind if you want a stepthrough type.

Wow I love it! And it's in budget

So you think Santana 3 would be no good to me on the hills? Hatti at woosh put me off the santana CD as I could potentially damage the motor if I didn't choose gears correctly/pedal fast enough.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Last edited:

Electric Ruth

Feb 24, 2021
The Santana3 has a throttle.
When you are not strong, just use the throttle to ride up a steep hill.
The motor on the Santana3 is very capable.
https://wooshbikes.co.uk/?santana3
The only factory made bike that I fitted with a 48V battery is a fat bike with 26" x 4" tyres.
If I put my typical journeys into the Predictor on the Woosh site it only recommends the Santana CD, big bear and krieger. Do you think this is wrong? Would I end up having to push the Santana 3 or would i just go very slowly?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hi Ruth,

I wrote the Woosh Predictor many years ago. At that time, the Santana3 wasn't made yet.
The Santana3 is 90% as powerful as the Big Bear and just as powerful as the Santana CD.
I will update the Predictor over the weekend to include the Santana3.

Best regards

Tony

Electric Ruth

Feb 24, 2021
Hi Ruth,

I wrote the Woosh Predictor many years ago. At that time, the Santana3 wasn't made yet.
The Santana3 is 90% as powerful as the Big Bear and just as powerful as the Santana CD.
I will update the Predictor over the weekend to include the Santana3.

Best regards

Tony
Thanks Tony, that's good to know.

Driiven

Just Joined
Mar 1, 2021
It seems eaasier to buy conversion kits than ebikes at the moment.
Hello Ruth - Please try this regenerative conversion kit from www.humancycle.cc they also do ebikes using the same KERS self charging Technology. As far as we know very best on the market. Cheers

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Hello Ruth - Please try this regenerative conversion kit from www.humancycle.cc they also do ebikes using the same KERS self charging Technology. As far as we know very best on the market. Cheers
That's the FlyKly all-in-one motor. No gears, no clutch and no chance to fix it when it goes wrong. I can't see it being very popular. Just about everybody on this forum that tried an all-in-one had problems, which we couldn't help them with. You have to send the whole wheel back to FlyKly to service or replace the battery, and the strain on a small battery like that and the heat it will suffer aren't going to help its long life. With only 160wh in the fully-charged battery, it might just get you to the post office and back. There's no chance to carry a spare battery either, nor can you take the battery off for charging.

I'd recommend it of you're completely mechanically useless, you're pretty light and you never want to ride more than 10 miles.

Full review here. this guy is normally pretty good. he's a bit scared to say when he doesn't like things, but often gives clues if you listen to him carefully and think about what he's saying:

Some previous discussion about it here, mainly about it's low range and easily damaged $200 charger. I hope they've changed that since then.

Last edited:

Electric Ruth

Feb 24, 2021

Many thanks for your recommendation. I've had this bike for 3 days now and absolutely love it. Delivery was super quick and assembly was a doddle. I spent longer trying to get my old Ortlieb panniers to fit properly and attaching then removing a bottle rack ( which made it impossible to step through the step-thru frame). I have to put a reasonable amount of effort in on the long 18% hill to my house so I think a lesser motor would have been a struggle. I am still keen to try a bike with a throttle for comparison so will have to persuade other half he wants a Woosh bike.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
will have to persuade other half he wants a Woosh bike

try this ;)

or that :p

Electric Ruth

Feb 24, 2021
will have to persuade other half he wants a Woosh bike

try this ;)

or that :p
Ha! Maybe one day.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Many thanks for your recommendation. I've had this bike for 3 days now and absolutely love it. Delivery was super quick and assembly was a doddle. I spent longer trying to get my old Ortlieb panniers to fit properly and attaching then removing a bottle rack ( which made it impossible to step through the step-thru frame). I have to put a reasonable amount of effort in on the long 18% hill to my house so I think a lesser motor would have been a struggle. I am still keen to try a bike with a throttle for comparison so will have to persuade other half he wants a Woosh bike.
They did some weird things with that bike, like locking normal user settings. I wonder if they locked it on full power or normal.

Have a look at this and see if it works on yours. You press the set button until the screen changes, put in the password (try 8306, then 8007, then 8088) then short press again and again until you get to the last screen with the three power settings. If it shows 2, then you can turn it up to get full power. It won't do any harm to your bike.

Last edited: