Zefal Cyclop mirror

Phil Dryden

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Leicester
I've been finding it a bit difficult twisting my neck to check following traffic before manoeuvring these days, so I took the plunge and bought a Zefal Cyclop bar end mirror from Amazon for just shy of £10. Done a few rides with it now, and I must say its great. I imagined it would be wobbling and shaking, but not so. Its rock solid and gives a great rearward view of approaching traffic. Easy to adjust and it actually looks quite classy. Nice piece of kit. The only bar adjustment I had to make was to move the brake and gear trigger about 5mm inwards to give a little extra room on the grip, as the mirror stops your hand protruding over the end of the bar as it sometimes does. Comes with a couple of split plastic collars for different internal bar diameters. East to assemble and fit.

Zefal Cyclop bar end mirror..jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 33385

I've been finding it a bit difficult twisting my neck to check following traffic before manoeuvring these days, so I took the plunge and bought a Zefal Cyclop bar end mirror from Amazon for just shy of £10. Done a few rides with it now, and I must say its great. I imagined it would be wobbling and shaking, but not so. Its rock solid and gives a great rearward view of approaching traffic. Easy to adjust and it actually looks quite classy. Nice piece of kit.

View attachment 41419

I've been trying out mirrors, all of which were completely useless. Vfr400 said that those Zefal Cyclops were great, but I was a little worried that the mirror would be too small for my damned eyes - this "Zefal Dooback 2" will arrive tomorrow. A bit larger, but hopefully just as useful:

Phil Dryden

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Leicester
I've been trying out mirrors, all of which were completely useless. Vfr400 said that those Zefal Cyclops were great, but I was a little worried that the mirror would be too small for my damned eyes - this "Zafal Dooback 2" will arrive tomorrow. A bit larger, but hopefully just as useful:

Looks a nice, big mirror. Zefal stuff is generally good. I just wanted something which was a definite help but was still unobtrusive. Let us know how the Dooback 2 performs.

D

Deleted member 33385

Looks a nice, big mirror. Zefal stuff is generally good. I just wanted something which was a definite help but was still unobtrusive. Let us know how the Dooback 2 performs.

Will do! I've been spoilt by motorbike mirrors - those actually work. Finding anything as good for bicycles, which doesn't pose issues when installed on my folding electrified Dahon Helios P8, has been bloody difficult. If the "Dooback 2" doesn't work out, I'll try the Cyclops. If that doesn't work, I'll try using a rear facing cheapo action camera of disposable price like my new Crosstour 4K (which also arrives tomorrow, so that you can all witness my next crash), as a webcam, connected via USB to my handlebar mounted phone! (Or 10 inch tablet... damned eyes!)

Last edited: