Basic Cameras

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Hi folks, I’m looking for advice/recommendations for a camera to serve the same functions as a dash cam, just in case ;)
today a speeding car overtook six of us on a blind bend into the path of an oncoming bus, his wing mirror clipped the lead rider (no injuries fortunately) and the bus nearly ended up in the ditch, it all happened so quickly that none of us had a chance to get his number.

I know there’s a lot of cameras out there but I don’t know one from another and as I don’t have a computer, only an iPad it may limit my choices.

Thanks in advance, any advice welcomed

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
action cams record on sd cards i pads dont use sd cards so ur fooked on that one if you want to upload it.

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
action cams record on sd cards i pads dont use sd cards so ur fooked on that one if you want to upload it.
Yeah I guessed as much that’s why I asked for recommendations
as I said, im after basic functions like you get on a dash cam

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton

you could link it to a phone as most have that function
The one in SW’s link has only bad reviews, can anyone recommend one they have owned that works with iso WiFi

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
both of mine work on wifi my 4k one is a copy of a eken camera and comes with a remote.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0084_02.JPG
DSC_0085_02.JPG

the app is ez icam

tho what i really want is a 4k 120fps cam like the old cube go pros with a removable battery.

thats where i got it from as well

Last edited:

Old Grumps

Just Joined
Apr 11, 2021
There are lots of cheap GoPro type cameras on Amazon.
I recently bought one for about £40 to mount on my bike and the video quality is very good.

As you need to view on an iPad you could simply get a Lightning to SD Card reader. I did that some time ago and it worked ok.

Advertisers