help for Suspension for front of bike and also under seat

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
As headline says i need aid this with my non e bike as id like a front suspension on and also under the seat of the bike ..

What is best and what prices ? This is an older style Raleigh 7 speed Nexus gears inside back hub of bike

which was dutch style if gearing and what i wanted and like best ..But suspension for under seat is my priority.

Where is best to look and i aint a clue regards sizing ..but can do with any help .

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Need more info. What exact bike is it? Different bikes are different! They have different sized seat posts, steering heads, wheels and things like that.

Reactions: budsy

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Front suspension will add about 1.25 - 2kg of weight to the bike and seat suspension another 0.75 - 1kg.
Seat post suspension can work quite well otherwise think abut running fatter tyres at slightly lower psi to soak up bumps.

• Agree
Reactions: budsy and Fordulike

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Portugal Algarve (temporary)

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Cheers for answers appreciated folks ..
You didn't get any answers. There's a fair chance that none of those things that other people have fit your bike.

What that guy said about cheap bikes is complete biggoted crap. Some cheap bikes are very good, being more reliable and having lower maintenance costs than more expensive bikes. Go and have a look in the bike rack at the local station and see how many cheap bikes are there that people have been using every day for years.

It's the same with electric bikes. The cheaper ones can be a lot more durable and require a lot less maintenance than expensive ones. In fact, you can make a general rule, that the more expensive your bike, the more costly it will be to keep it going.

jimriley

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
I got a bankrupt parts cheapo sprung forks, a cheap sprung seatpost and a cheap Chinese copy brooks saddle. Absorbs a lot. A guy followed me down a bumpy track and commented how well the seat and post were working.

D

Deleted member 33385

Bankrupt parts are brilliant:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Bankrupt parts are brilliant:

Do they fit to Raleigh bikes?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I don't know, but they sell all sorts - I got a bargain of a Dahon seatpost from them: the same object was being sold in Germany for 4 times more plus about £15 delivery. Even Dahon weren't selling them.
So he might be disapppointed when he buys something, then finds it doesn't fit?

You know that Raleigh bikes don't have the same sizes as modern bikes for headsets and seat posts? Even their wheels can be 2" different in diameter to modern ones with the same size written on the tyre in inches!

You're wasting your time discussing it until you know what he has.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Yes but YOU know that details in asking the right questions can get the right answers, because you technically know about bikes and how they are fixed. A lot of normal people don't, and need additional prompting to know how important those initial details are, in finding their solution. Not everyone is logical. Very few people, in fact.
That's why I made post #7.

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Why bicker chaps, the OP originator didn’t give enough information for any constructive help and disappeared after post #6, we have Now got to post #24.
It’s a lovely day so let’s go outside to play :p

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
It's alright for you to say that, but you're not the one that's being wrongfully accused.
Fair comment, no one likes being wronged
but while you were still typing I took my own advice “It’s a lovely day so let’s go outside to play :p” and went out for a pleasant ride on my non-E MTB along a canal towpath :cool:
Ive just noticed several posts have disappeared from this thresd not that I particularly care