alba ebike log

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Well done for persevering with overcoming your health issues. Keeping active is important, and electric bikes really help to facilitate this.

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
Just cycled 97 miles, but weather has been poor. Not sure how many miles the battery will do? Roughly five miles a day cycled and I usually charge up at night.

Reactions: georgehenry

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
Bike will only do about 15 miles from fully charged, not enough, Not suitable for bumpy terrain because of the small wheels.

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
Happy with it (best) for short trips but I need a mountain ebike with more battery capacity and larger wheels for longer trips over 15 miles = next year now.

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
10/09/21 Lights used for the first time, not bright enough to see the potholes.

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
12 & 13/10/21 Lights do not work when needed. Battery graph on capacity left insufficient and unclear in practical use. Green and blue graph, not clear what they mean.

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
Lights now working, battery capacity not enough. Small wheels make me feel uneasy on uneven surfaces. i.e. urban roads

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
I have a 2011 rear hub bike that came with fitted lights that ran of the battery, which are very useful, but more to be seen by than to see with. I still put mine on, but augment them with the excellent rechargeable lights that you can get now, and are very reasonable, a bright flashing rear light and a much brighter front light that is good enough to ride on unlit roads. I angle the front built in light to light the verge ahead and the brighter rechargeable one the road ahead. They cost relative peanuts. Mine are Moon but there are other makes that are just as good. If you are going to ride in the dark you need to get some purely for your own safety.

Reactions: Perseus

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
I have a 2011 rear hub bike that came with fitted lights that ran of the battery, which are very useful, but more to be seen by than to see with. I still put mine on, but augment them with the excellent rechargeable lights that you can get now, and are very reasonable, a bright flashing rear light and a much brighter front light that is good enough to ride on unlit roads. I angle the front built in light to light the verge ahead and the brighter rechargeable one the road ahead. They cost relative peanuts. Mine are Moon but there are other makes that are just as good. If you are going to ride in the dark you need to get some purely for your own safety.
585 miles, I do the same with my lights

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
After years of running fixed lights off the bike battery, I have now gone to minimalist look and using my usb lights. I found a nice rear cateye usb rear light recently in the street and it has 5 light modes, a new rear mount for it (£5.99) and now have an extra one for my bikes and cargo bike/trailer set up.

Reactions: Perseus

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
12 miles on flat paths to Bramber and back to Shoreham and my eBike is out of juice. Two and a half hours and scarcely a stop for photographs.