Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I'm a very happy person, as I posted earlier about life's ills, I accept by ignoring. I don't mourn anyone and avoid attending either type of funeral, death or the other kind, marriage.

Translation: It means I don't worry about any of it.
Actual translation; you don't care for anyone else
Easy life
I prefer a full life and had one in 57 years of happy marriage which I certainly wouldn't have swopped with any other way of life.

Reactions: Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Easy life
I prefer a full life and had one in 57 years of happy marriage which I certainly wouldn't have swopped with any other way of life.
I agree most of time but sometimes I wonder??,I, m a few years behind you.. Been together a mere 45 years.. Surely parol or time off for good behaviour is due..

• :D
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Easy life
A very strange description of someone who did 28 years of voluntary work for others during and in addition to his working years, and 15 years of mixed voluntary work so far in retirement.

Plus 10 years of carrying out bike based recycling for 53 neighbours since we don't have a council recycling service.

Plus for the first few years of this forum often driving around the Home Counties to help pedelec owners with tech problems.

That's been very far from an easy life, often working around the clock.

And I've always given, during my last working decade half of all my income, since my own monetary needs were small with both my mortgage and that on the bungalow I bought for my parents to live in free of charge fully paid off.

Now in my mid eighties I'm taking some richly deserved time for myself for a change, while I still have a little remaining health, though I still help with the nature reserve and have done three years of voluntary work for the Natural History Museum.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
A very strange description of someone who did 28 years of voluntary work for others during and in addition to his working years, and 15 years of mixed voluntary work so far in retirement.

Plus 10 years of carrying out bike based recycling for 53 neighbours since we don't have a council recycling service.

Plus for the first few years of this forum often driving around the Home Counties to help pedelec owners with tech problems.

That's been very far from an easy life, often working around the clock.

And I've always given, during my last working decade half of all my income, since my own monetary needs were small with both my mortgage and that on the bungalow I bought for my parents to live in free of charge fully paid off.

Now in my mid eighties I'm taking some richly deserved time for myself for a change, while I still have a little remaining health, though I still help with the nature reserve and have done three years of voluntary work for the Natural History Museum.
Actually the very strange description was in fact the one you gave of yourself! it didn't reflect the person you actually are, did it?
:cool:

• Disagree

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Actually the very strange description was in fact the one you gave of yourself! it didn't reflect the person you actually are, did it?
:cool:
I didn't describe myself, I simply described my carefree approach to life. Many don't agree with some of my beliefs but I don't give a damn about that since they are entitled to be wrong. For example I don't believe in funerals since when someone dies the body left is just redundant packaging for disposal. I see an expensive funeral as akin to receiving an Amazon delivery, throwing the content away and treasuring the cardboard box.

So my parents had no funerals. That attitude shocks many who think me callous, but I'm not as you observe. I care about what matters , such as ensuring they had as good a second half of life as I could give them.

As for marriage, don't get me started.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldgroaner

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I didn't describe myself, I simply described my carefree approach to life. Many don't agree with some of my beliefs but I don't give a damn about that since they are entitled to be wrong. For example I don't believe in funerals since when someone dies the body left is just redundant packaging for disposal. I see an expensive funeral as akin to receiving an Amazon delivery, throwing the content away and treasuring the cardboard box.

So my parents had no funerals. That attitude shocks many who think me callous, but I'm not as you observe. I care about what matters , such as ensuring they had as good a second half of life as I could give them.

"As for marriage, don't get me started." ..... don't get me wrong, but perhaps you are leaving it rather late to get started.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
"As for marriage, don't get me started." ..... don't get me wrong, but perhaps you are leaving it rather late to get started.
Never had any intention of marrying but have had some live in partners in earlier years. Still good friends with the last girl friend who's been married twice since and had three children with her first husband who died at only 60. I was friends with him too.

But overall I much prefer to be alone and have been by choice since 1977.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
There you are, negative again. Another supermarket half empty type of chap.
off tangent , but whatever, I am noting that our local shops have a lot more Belgian , Dutch even French goods , than last year. This offsets the general reduction in UK based stuff. ... So not so bad. I am somewhat addicted to Maldron salt flakes ...they go well on Chips and popcorn, and it was somewhat in short supply, however last week i snaffled about 5 boxes of the stuff.... might see us through the winter of our discontent.

• Informative

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Never had any intention of marrying but have had some live in partners in earlier years. Still good friends with the last girl friend who's been married twice since and had three children with her first husband who died at only 60. I was friends with him too.

But overall I much prefer to be alone and have been by choice since 1977.
i wasn't prying...

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020

I sort of agree regarding disposal of the carcass. It’s like holding a ceremony to put the bins out on a Tuesday evening.

I think a funeral service is appropriate to acknowledge a dead person’s life achievements and contributions. Sadly, I’ve learnt a lot about people that I’d wished I’d known whilst they were alive as a result of attending their funeral.

I can’t be doing with all the weeping and candle lighting stuff for dead celebrities that people have never met. The need a good pasting to give them something to weep about.

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Dementia Joe seems to be having another episode. He’s threatening to make yesterday’s Afghanistan bombers pay for their actions.

What‘s he going to do? Invade? Sadly, he seems to have forgotten that he’s in the middle of a retreat. Still, he gets to hide is own Easter eggs, make new friends every day and never watch a repeat on telly. it’s not all bad for him.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
off tangent , but whatever, I am noting that our local shops have a lot more Belgian , Dutch even French goods , than last year. This offsets the general reduction in UK based stuff. ... So not so bad. I am somewhat addicted to Maldron salt flakes ...they go well on Chips and popcorn, and it was somewhat in short supply, however last week i snaffled about 5 boxes of the stuff.... might see us through the winter of our discontent.
Yep, times are hard. When I, m feeling pretentious it's such a struggle to get authentic sea salt crystals so have to make do with cheap saxa. Tastes exactly same mind so WTF.

• Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I sort of agree regarding disposal of the carcass. It’s like holding a ceremony to put the bins out on a Tuesday evening.

I think a funeral service is appropriate to acknowledge a dead person’s life achievements and contributions. Sadly, I’ve learnt a lot about people that I’d wished I’d known whilst they were alive as a result of attending their funeral.

I can’t be doing with all the weeping and candle lighting stuff for dead celebrities that people have never met. The need a good pasting to give them something to weep about.
That load of ball cocks started with the day Di and Dodi died today day. Yep, a shame and probably knocked off by our Royal mafia but what on earth was all that about.
And whilst I, m at it... Headlines beamed to me this morning. Some half wit transgender has lost its virginity as a woman and it was painful.Who cares. Get on with it. Do WTF you like but shut the feck up.
World has gone bonkers.

• Agree

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
That load of ball cocks started with the day Di and Dodi died today day. Yep, a shame and probably knocked off by our Royal mafia but what on earth was all that about.
And whilst I, m at it... Headlines beamed to me this morning. Some half wit transgender has lost its virginity as a woman and it was painful.Who cares. Get on with it. Do WTF you like but shut the feck up.
World has gone bonkers.
Yes, I think it all started when the Queen Mother and King Phillip had Diana Queen of Orphaned Children’s Hearts popped in that Parisian sub-way. Dreadful scenes of grown men blubbering in the streets over someone they new nothing about. Evil Diana did irreparable damage to the British stiff upper lip.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and Zlatan

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Completely off topic. Is 50 Cycles still knocking out Ebikes? I was looking on ebay to see if I could find a Kalkhoff Pro-Connect Disc 8 frame for a fiver. There’s a bloke in Loughborough called CycleMan 50 selling a complete bike Disc 8, but he wants close to a bag of sand for it. Looking at his other treasures, it mainly seems to consist of junk such as desks, display stands, and unboxed low end bike components.

I had my Kalkhoff from Loughborough many years ago. I wondered if CycleMan 50 was the same person.

Edit: there seems to be a company in Loughborough called 50 Electric Bikes. Could be the old 50 Cycles.

• Informative
  • :D
Reactions: flecc and Woosh

Advertisers