Suspension forks needed

Simonwwfc

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2020
Hi all
Please can anyone provide a link as my problem is suffering with tennis and golfers elbow in both arms we went and bought just rear suspended bikes with 16”’ wheels now I can’t no longer stand the pain from every bump with hit so it’s either sell mine or swap front forks . I’ve found theses but £200 and sure there’s a lot cheaper . Theses are fitted to a richbit 730 ebike with same folding handle bars as mine but bike has 20” wheels . I’m lost to what ones I need to convert mine thanks simon

Attachments

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Portugal Algarve (temporary)

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Suspension forks on 16" or 20" wheels are pretty well useless. You need proper air forks to solve your problem. I've never seen them for small wheels.

Cancunia

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2021
Like @vfr400 says I think you'll struggle to find effective suspension forks for 16" wheels. You could try emailing MiRider and see what they say. I wonder if it's possible to fit fatter / softer tyres? What tyre pressure do you have in the front?

Simonwwfc

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2020
Mirider are pretty much useless . They removed me from there Facebook page as I said about poor paint work on there frames .

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
It won't be nearly as good as good suspension forks, but softer handlebar grips and/or gel padded gloves could help.

There are also various shaped grips that might just help; the problem there is that (like saddles) the choice and fitting angle of different shaped ones is very personal.

Reactions: Cancunia

Cancunia

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2021
It won't be nearly as good as good suspension forks, but softer handlebar grips and/or gel padded gloves could help.

There are also various shaped grips that might just help; the problem there is that (like saddles) the choice and fitting angle of different shaped ones is very personal.
Yeah, good points. So, softer grips / gloves, then fatter tyres if possible. Letting a bit of pressure out of the tyres will make them a bit softer, but there's a trade off with effort & safety vs comfort.

snafu

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2020
Hall End, North |Warks

Simonwwfc

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2020
Thanks John but know it won’t work due to design . Il try and find some
Forks first