Can Anyone Identify This E-Bike Please

chris301up

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
Hi folks. I purchased my first electric bike way back in 2007 which, over the years, has given me great service. In 2019 I completely rebuilt it but, due to it's weight, decided to sell. Bad decision on my part I think? I purchased a much lighter and smaller E-Plus Mantra E-Bike but this is causing me more problems with my gammy hip as I now have to continually pedal the damn thing.

I have been looking for another electric mountain bike which preferably has a throttle, just like my original bike, and spotted this one for sale. All I know about this is that it is a Juicy Bike but I cannot find any further details on-line. I thought perhaps some kind person may know exactly what this is and point me in the right direction for specifications? Hope you can help? Thank you all

Attachments

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, it is a Juicybike model but I don't remember its model name. If you contact Juicybike the principle and founder of the company, Bob Wales, will be able to tell you all you need to know.

If you use the Pedeelcs link below you'll see an Interview with Bob and Sarah Wales with a photo at the foot of a 2015 early version of the bike you show:

Phone: 01335 388 035 | email: uksales@juicybike.com

Reactions: Tony1951

chris301up

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
Yes, it is a Juicybike model but I don't remember its model name. If you contact Juicybike the principle and founder of the company, Bob Wales, will be able to tell you all you need to know.

If you use the Pedeelcs link below you'll see an Interview with Bob and Sarah Wales with a photo at the foot of a 2015 early version of the bike you show:

Phone: 01335 388 035 | email: uksales@juicybike.com
I have emailed Juicy Bike directly but they advise me that this is one of their earlier models which is no longer manufactured. Nor is there any electrical items available for this model. They still haven't told me what model this is though or suggested where I can take a look at the specifications. I am not sure the one shown at the foot of the page is the one as it doesn't look like it as 26 inch wheels. I could be wrong though.
If someone has any ideas please feel free to let me know. Thanks peeps.

Last edited:

DanD

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 28, 2019
It looks like one of the Juicy Bike Sport models, but other than that there's no way to tell from just the picture of the exact specs/model year. Looks like it has an additional bottle mounted battery & the carrier looks like it's either badly adjusted or is from a larger wheeled bike.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It doesn't really matter what it's called. It has standard Chinese parts, so everything is replaceable or upgradeable if you don't like it how it is. The plastic battery cases don't seem to be available anymore, but you can squeeze a normal silver fish cell-pack in there, or you can get it professionally re-celled, or you can use any battery you want if you wire it in, which is very simple (2 wires).

Some of those older bikes had the optical pedal sensor. Show a photo of what you have if you want to know more. Also, most only gave maximum power when you pedal, which isn't always what you want, but that can be changed with a new controller and control panel for not a lot of money.

Reactions: Tony1951

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The plastic battery cases don't seem to be available anymore, but you can squeeze a normal silver fish cell-pack in there
DanD has jogged my memory on the model name, it is the Juicy Sport.

In fact over the years they mainly came equipped with a Silver Fish 36 volt 10 Ah battery as this photo below shows, so it might be ready to receive one of those again:

slowcoach

Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2020
I purchased my first electric bike way back in 2007 which, over the years, has given me great service. In 2019 I completely rebuilt it but, due to it's weight, decided to sell. Bad decision on my part I think?

I know exactly what you mean, Chris. My first electric bike was an Ezee Sprint. Now I know it does not really compare with modern ebikes, but I can honestly say it ran like a dream. They went out of production because they were a "twist and go" system. Come the time I needed to get the batteries re-celled and several other refurbishments, I decided to invest in a modern ebike and gave the Sprint to a transport museum.

As you say, bad decision. One I have regretted in recent years. No matter, I now have a Raliegh Motus which seems pretty good and gets me around.

EBikerBob

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 29, 2009
It is indeed an early Juicy Sport whose battery can be updated to a Silver Fish style case, which Juicy do sell. You'll need to ask for the battery base plate and slider (locking) rail ás well.

You can purchase these batteries from lots of suppliers as well as from Juicy.

It's a simple job to convert, removing the old plastic rail, replacing with the slimmer aluminium rail and fitting the new battery base plate and connector pins on top of the controller housing.

Some cutting and drilling is required but all can be completed in an hour or two.

The Sport was always my favourite bike.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
A lot to be said for these old style bikes. I have two old Oxygen Emate Cities from around 2011. Both are rear hub bikes with pedal assist and an unrestricted throttle. They have mudguards, rudimentary lights, and unrestricted throttles. Mine are real work horses and a pleasure to ride.

One I bought from new in 2011 and the other I bought second hand of the forum for an amazing £100.

https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/the-tale-of-a-£100-second-hand-electric-bike.33079/#post-467114

https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/old-nag.41394/#post-619513