Bafang BBS02

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
9 pas levels just gives you more options for power delivery, with a programming lead one can split the 9 levels in to two PAS group settings. For instance one could set 1 -5 for flatish terrain riding of low torque and high speed and then set 6 - 9 for high torque hill or off road climbing with high torque one naturally needs to set the speed amounts in the settings lower to benefit form the change also to help with the changes, adapt the front to take a double chain ring set up with 34t smaller ring and add a derailleur.
Sticking to the stock set up isn't obligatory so there are other options.

I'm going to go back to my old MK1 BBS01 with failed controller to reinvestigate why my external controller didn't work properly, once hopefully sorted I'm going to or hope to find a used long tail cargo bike and convert it with the BBS. I have ran the BBS with a double ring and derailleur with alfine 8 so know it works and is an option for lower gearing and higher torque.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I'm going to go back to my old MK1 BBS01 with failed controller to reinvestigate why my external controller didn't work properly, once hopefully sorted I'm going to or hope to find a used long tail cargo bike and convert it with the BBS. I have ran the BBS with a double ring and derailleur with alfine 8 so know it works and is an option for lower gearing and higher torque.
Are you sure you want to go through all that again? From what I've read about KT controllers, they seem better, but you could nab a new Bafang controller cheaply instead?

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
The mk1 version controller in 36v 250w is hard to find but 500w version has the uprated mosfets
But a KT might be the way to go recently had the bw mid drive with the separate controller and the power delivery was far smoother

Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The mk1 version controller in 36v 250w is hard to find but 500w version has the uprated mosfets
Greenbikekit claim to have them:

Uprated mosfets sound useful for cargo bike duty...

@peter.c I'm eagerly awaiting my 36V BBS01B controller from Greenbikekit by the way, the order is now listed as "Completed" on their website and I get a popup for tracking which mentions Royal Mail, but doesn't quote a tracking number yet. I was only ordered on the 12th October, so I expect it'll still be a week or so. If it works well, I'll order a spare. I just hope a repaired ebike, doesn't stop me slow jogging.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
But a KT might be the way to go recently had the bw mid drive with the separate controller and the power delivery was far smoother
Thanks @peter.c ! It arrived yesterday - ordered on the 12th, so not bad at all, especially considering it was reposted. It works too! For now... I haven't finished adding lights, which might kill it again lol. I'd better order another one... Thanks again for the Greenbikekit.com tip - that was a good call!

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
I'm going to go back to my old MK1 BBS01 with failed controller to reinvestigate why my external controller didn't work properly,
Would be interested to see if you make progress with that!
Have a BBS02 that needs similar