Brexit, for once some facts.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Here's a point worth remembering

That the entire population of the UK is either personally an illegal immigrant, or their ancestors were.
Apart the modern few who passed through Immigration Control.
Which inevitably in the great cosmic stream of time is staffed by people who again are personally illegal immigrants or their ancestors were

And of course the entire human race fits into the same category historically
You aren't wrong but it's irrelevant.
You argue against any border control at all but offer no suggestion what we, do with the massive influx of immigrants.
Its fine being idealistic when you don't have to deal with the consequences of your principles.
Yes, it's inhumane to not accept anyone who wishes to arrive here... Unfortunately that isn't how the world works. You turn up in Australia with your high moral stance and see how long you reside there.
Its utter idealistic crap you are talking. Yes, I, d love there to be homes, food and care for every human being...
But again you criticise the system and folk handling it with not a semblance of a practical solution.
Let Kent be awash with refugees from Syria, Eastern Europe and anywhere else folk decide to arrive from.. Close down customs and border force.??
Basically, how does your plan work...??
Let everyone in... Isn't a plan at all. Its BS.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
You aren't wrong but it's irrelevant.
You argue against any border control at all but offer no suggestion what we, do with the massive influx of immigrants.
Its fine being idealistic when you don't have to deal with the consequences of your principles.
Yes, it's inhumane to not accept anyone who wishes to arrive here... Unfortunately that isn't how the world works. You turn up in Australia with your high moral stance and see how long you reside there.
Its utter idealistic crap you are talking. Yes, I, d love there to be homes, food and care for every human being...
But again you criticise the system and folk handling it with not a semblance of a practical solution.
Let Kent be awash with refugees from Syria, Eastern Europe and anywhere else folk decide to arrive from.. Close down customs and border force.??
Let everyone in... Isn't a plan at all. Its BS.
People-mincing robotic submarines in the Channel, might save sharks from extinction. I expect troublesome mass migration caused by Global Heating will polarise public opinion enough, to make this prospect palatable.

• :D
Reactions: oldgroaner

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
And thick soled "Beetle Crushers"
If they collect excess charge, they could charge banks of supercapacitors in remote areas, as they whizz by? It will all be in my manifesto...

Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Its fine being idealistic when you don't have to deal with the consequences of your principles
I have no objection whatever in having to deal with the consequences of my principles
But I sure as hell absolutely hate having to deal with the consequences of yours
Now why did Brexit suddenly come to mind? :D

And this too
"
Let everyone in... Isn't a plan at all. Its BS. "

And the present method is a storming success is it? shortages of workers in several sectors, and what is the plan to deal with that?
Crack down on immigrants , and you call that a plan?
Let them come in by conventional means and process their applications here

Last edited:

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
How did Alec Baldwin shoot dead his Director of Cinematography and seriously injure the film’s Director with a “prop” gun? Surely the outcome makes it a gun? And this man referred to Donald Trump as a clown! :D

If this wasn’t so tragic, it would be funny.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
How did Alec Baldwin shoot dead his Director of Cinematography and seriously injure the film’s Director with a “prop” gun? Surely the outcome makes it a gun? And this man referred to Donald Trump as a clown! :D

If this wasn’t so tragic, it would be funny.
Blanks are dangerous, and it's happened before in Hollywood:

When I'm foolishly voted in as "King Guerney", I'll ban ALL guns, and replace them all digitally in old films with pens.

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I have no objection whatever in having to deal with the consequences of my principles
But I sure as hell absolutely hate having to deal with the consequences of yours
Now why did Brexit suddenly come to mind? :D
Good.
And you aren't arguing against Priti Patel or Dominic Raab, you are arguing against Government policy, which is fine, if you disagree with it. But you aren't criticising government policy at all, merely using your opinion to justify calling Patel, and Raab fascists... Because you like insulting people rather than criticising their views.
Anybody who can justify calling names isn't interested at all in achieving cooperation and unity. Quite the reverse in fact, merely trying to inflame the situation.
Which you prove time and time again.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I love the way they say "only air and electricity". As if by wording it like that we imagine multi-megawatt electricity supplies being as readily available to aircraft as air.
But it could be - with my "Unlimited Cheap Energy Thorium Reactor To Freight Carrying Ground Effect Aircraft Via Distributed Microwave Laser Worldwide Land & Sea Grid Delivery Plan", as detailed in my manifesto... and it'd be ozone positive. Probably too ozone positive.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
But it could be - with my "Unlimited Cheap Energy Thorium Reactor To Ground Effect Aircraft Via Distributed Microwave Laser Worldwide Lan & Sea Grid Delivery Plan"
Who'd be a seagull in such a world? One minute flying around happily, grabbing chips and ice-cream from naive tourists, the next moment having some or all of yourself blasted to oblivion by a microwave beam.

Back in early post-war days, it was well known that birds could be half-cooked by getting front of the radar assemblies on ships, etc. We had a Kelvin-Hughes marine radar set up at school - mounted on the science school building roof. By the standards of today, it was phenomenally powerful.

Oddly enough, we did not need any sort of licence to run it. Which surprised me. Just had to respond sensibly if any airfields in the area complained.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Two things:

Twitter has admitted it amplifies more tweets from rightwing politicians and news outlets than content from leftwing sources.

The social media platform examined tweets from elected officials in seven countries – the UK, US, Canada, France, Germany, Spain and Japan. It also studied whether political content from news organisations was amplified on Twitter, focusing primarily on US news sources such as Fox News, the New York Times and BuzzFeed.

And:

Trump is launching Truth Social in competition with every existing media, social media, news and similar organisations. Will be open for you to say anything so long as you don't criticise Trump...

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Who'd be a seagull in such a world? One minute flying around happily, grabbing chips and ice-cream from naive tourists, the next moment having some or all of yourself blasted to oblivion by a microwave beam.

Back in early post-war days, it was well known that birds could be half-cooked by getting front of the radar assemblies on ships, etc. We had a Kelvin-Hughes marine radar set up at school - mounted on the science school building roof. By the standards of today, it was phenomenally powerful.

Oddly enough, we did not need any sort of licence to run it. Which surprised me. Just had to respond sensibly if any airfields in the area complained.
Actually, for ground effect aircraft, microwave lasers wouldn't be necessary - vertical conducting masts would do... that low flying ground effect aircraft briefly contact charging supercapacitors. An aircraft version of tram lines, only vertical and not horizontal lines. Seagulls can't perch on vertical conductors, especially if they're mostly pointy at the end. I didn't say it was a wise dream, but it's my dream nonetheless.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Actually, for ground effect aircraft, microwave lasers wouldn't be necessary - vertical conducting masts would do... that low flying ground effect aircraft briefly contact charging supercapacitors. An aircraft version of tram lines, only vertical and not horizontal lines. Seagulls can't perch on vertical conductors, especially if they're mostly pointy at the end. I didn't say it was a wise dream, but it's my dream nonetheless.
You were also a major fan of Fireflash?

• Agree
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

With cheap unlimited power via Modular Thorium To Fusion reactors in orbit, energy could be beamed with microwaves to electric supercapacitor aircraft, when they are at the high altitude stage, thus not interrupting seagulls' passion for chip thieving, and troublesome laser beam ablation caused by the atmosphere.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
With cheap unlimited power via Modular Thorium To Fusion reactors in orbit, energy could be beamed with microwaves to electric supercapacitor aircraft, when they are at the high altitude stage, thus not interrupting seagulls' passion for chip thieving, and troublesome laser beam ablation caused by the atmosphere.
flying pig.jpg

Reactions: oyster

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Aircraft currently use high-altitude fast moving jet streams to save fuel - but supercapacitor powered aircraft could fly lower, and occasionally skip across hairy (lots of vertical wires) charging pad contacts on the ground, then continue on their unlimited journey, powered by cheap unlimited Thorium To Fusion (Modular) reactors dotted all over the globe and beyond... It can happen people, honest! Vote for me, that's all you'd have to do... and pay in Bitcoin. Sparks would create ozone to fix the hole caused by London's hydrogen buses.

Reactions: oyster and flecc

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Aircraft currently use high-altitude fast moving jet streams to save fuel - but supercapacitor powered aircraft could fly lower, and occasionally skip across hairy (lots of vertical wires) charging pad contacts on the ground, then continue on their unlimited journey, powered by cheap unlimited Thorium To Fusion (Modular) reactors dotted all over the globe and beyond... It can happen people, honest! Vote for me, that's all you'd have to do... and pay in Bitcoin. Sparks would create ozone to fix the hole caused by London's hydrogen buses.
Ozone at low level has massively different effects to that at high altitudes.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Ozone at low level has massively different effects to that at high altitudes.
What do you mean? I'd hate to rewrite that part of my manifesto.

Advertisers