Mugged for your ebike by machette wielding motorcylists?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
gubbins had his emtb stolen out side his house and was in a car they picked it up and held on to it with the back window open and drove off with it and that was a few years ago now.

Reactions: Gubbins

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
gubbins had his emtb stolen out side his house and was in a car they picked it up and held on to it with the back window open and drove off with it and that was a few years ago now.
That's terrible SW, but having your bike stolen from outside your house, doesn't seem as bad as being bumped or threatened off your bike by machete! How would motorcyclists like ebikers doing that to them? Their motorbikes might be worth more, some of them, but probably not the mopeds some are riding. I'd just let them have my bike - not worth the big machete wounds trying to defend myself with a long seatpost bar:

... it'd just p*ss them off, they might not stop hacking. Let's hope the petrol crisis (and all the other crises) doesn't/don't get worse.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0109_03_01.JPG
you need a big chopper like mine :p

Reactions: kezzer green

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Just got to make sure youre insured, then its a matter of staying safe.
That said they do then have to get onto their moped which is a chance to run over and gouge out one of the feckers eyes.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
That said they do then have to get onto their moped which is a chance to run over and gouge out one of the feckers eyes.
The trouble is, you'd be charged for assault and visual disablement, or something... and end up in jail surrounded by the feckers.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
its kenjutsu it is a real carbon sharp blade but a modern one and cost about 400 quid but if every one starts to run round with knives i will defend myself if they wanna try it at my front door.

i also have one of these i can carry about if needed.
DSC_0304_01.JPG

Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
its kenjutsu it is a real carbon sharp blade but a modern one and cost about 400 quid but if every one starts to run round with knives i will defend myself if they wanna try it at my front door.

i also have one of these i can carry about if needed.
View attachment 44492
You could try and bribe them on the road using the Rolex? And if that doesn't work... My seatpost is pretty long, I could give someone a really good whack with that, if they pursued me running away from a machete - then all they'd have is an old bike with the display code locked, missing a seatpost. My bike is shiny, looks attractive but is in fact worthless without the kit. They could sell the motor and battery.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it is not a real rolex those black ones are 20k lol but these ppl know what the bikes are worth and they target them and even follow them over a few days to get there prize.

you could use a tracker but as soon as they get the bike inside it will be stripped of all parts and would soon be found and disabled.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
it is not a real rolex those black ones are 20k lol but these ppl know what the bikes are worth and they target them and even follow them over a few days to get there prize.

you could use a tracker but as soon as they get the bike inside it will be stripped of all parts and would soon be found and disabled.
A lot of bike theives seem to be completely stupid. One of the local garages recently got broken into - it looks like I use that particular garage. I've got a tracker on the bike - Giffgaff PAYG costs £10 every 6 months: It automatically sends me GPS co-ordinates when it's travelling over 40mph, and also whenever I text it. I'd give the cops it's final co-ordinates, but I don't think it'd be wise raiding Mugger HQ, swinging a seatpost.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
there was a bike shop bit like ebike shop that stocked bikes and parts that i could not get from ebike shop because he is a twat but they got broken in to so many times i sent them bankrupt in the end.

last time they got broken in to they used a digger to take out half a wall and destroyed the building in the process.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
there was a bike shop bit like ebike shop that stocked bikes and parts that i could not get from ebike shop because he is a twat but they got broken in to so many times i sent them bankrupt in the end.

last time they got broken in to they used a digger to take out half a wall and destroyed the building in the process.
The same thing happened to my local bike shop and now they only stock rubbish parts... everything I've bought from them ever since their looting, has been totally cr*p.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i bet if i left my bike outside the tesco express for 5 mins and no lock it would be gone even tho it is 7 years old it still turns heads so wont leave it anywhere and lives in the house.

so if they want it there going to have to fight for it ;)

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I'd love a switch I could activate in a bike mugging, which electrifies the bike frame...

Reactions: PennyFarthing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
get a more powerful controller and make 1 setting for 200a batt self destruct mode = fire ball :p

• :D
Reactions: Fordulike

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
get a more powerful controller and make 1 setting for 200a batt self destruct mode = fire ball :p
These guys might be wearing gloves, but even so - I've got a 19.2ah 36V battery capable of supplying about 15A... it'd be great if I could electrify the frame with a high voltage so that it causes them maximum problems, without blowing the whole thing up (to start with - maybe a timer for a fireball could be programmed for when it's travelling over 40mph in a car, van or on a motorbike ;)).

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
A WD40 Aerosol clamped to the handlebars and a handy Lighter should do the trick . Deoderant sprays must also work as a kid set fire to himself the other day standing too near a candle .

Reactions: Nealh and guerney

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

• Informative