So who has ordered a new ebike?

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
Have you ordered a new e-bike Recently?- when did you order and when arrived / arriving. Waiting list? Coping?

Ordered myself a Haibike Trekking 9 at start of May and hoping it will be on track for arriving December. So over 6 months wait - am being patient honestly but hoping it won’t be a frozen winter so I can cycle to work on it. My old Haibike became too unreliable (click box or hub issue who knows) .

masaiman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 10, 2021
Have you ordered a new e-bike Recently?- when did you order and when arrived / arriving. Waiting list? Coping?

Ordered myself a Haibike Trekking 9 at start of May and hoping it will be on track for arriving December. So over 6 months wait - am being patient honestly but hoping it won’t be a frozen winter so I can cycle to work on it. My old Haibike became too unreliable (click box or hub issue who knows) .
Ordered a Cube Kathmandu Hybrid Pro last Tuesday 19th. TNT tell me it is arriving tomorrow :)

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
I just went in speculatively with certain criteria - full suss, long travel fox sus units,29er max price £5k. Was hoping for a Focus Jam 6.8, which he didn't have, and was presented the option of a 3 week wait for a Scott Genius 920 e-ride.

3 weeks later - Proud owner of a Scott Genius 920
By strange weird coincidence I got it off a Scot called Scott. So my Scott was sold in Scotland by a Scot called Scott.
I am also a Scot.
So a Scot bought a Scott off a Scot called Scott.

Clearly It was meant to be.

masaiman

Oct 10, 2021
I just went in speculatively with certain criteria - full suss, long travel fox sus units,29er max price £5k. Was hoping for a Focus Jam 6.8, which he didn't have, and was presented the option of a 3 week wait for a Scott Genius 920 e-ride.

3 weeks later - Proud owner of a Scott Genius 920
By strange weird coincidence I got it off a Scot called Scott. So my Scott was sold in Scotland by a Scot called Scott.
I am also a Scot.
So a Scot bought a Scott off a Scot called Scott.

Clearly It was meant to be.
Bike arrived this morning - damaged packaging and damaged bike - Bugger!

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
How bad is the damage in can it be fixed or is it a tube dented or something fatal like that.
If its fixable you could email the supplier and try to get a partial refund rather than a complete return.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Not surprised it is damaged arriving via TNT.

masaiman

Oct 10, 2021
Not surprised it is damaged arriving via TNT.
No fatal damage just noticeable scrapes and scratches to the frame. I have contacted the supplier and await their response. Due to my location (IV55) I doubt they will be keen on a return so may try for a partial refund. Will keep you updated.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
No fatal damage just noticeable scrapes and scratches to the frame. I have contacted the supplier and await their response. Due to my location (IV55) I doubt they will be keen on a return so may try for a partial refund. Will keep you updated.
You on Skye ?(well clearly lol) I used to work in Portree, in the Butchers there though this was many many years ago.

This is by far one of the most picturesque parts of the planet.

Reactions: sjpt

masaiman

Oct 10, 2021
You on Skye ?(well clearly lol) I used to work in Portree, in the Butchers there though this was many many years ago.

This is by far one of the most picturesque parts of the planet.
Yeah Skye is rather bonnie.

I was in Portree today not at the butchers though :)

FYI.
Portree butchers (M Matheson) is now working out of a porta cabin on the outskirts of the village, the old butchers shop on Wentworth St is now some tourist tat shop!

Have had no reply to my email from the suppliers of my bike, will chase up tomorrow.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
When I was there there was 2 shops on Wentworth st. The one i was in was owned by Roger Jagger, the most miserable bast**d on the Isle of Skye, the other was owned by his brother in law - I think that would be Matheson, it was the far end, near the junction with Bank St.

Last edited:

masaiman

Oct 10, 2021
When I was there there was 2 shops on Wentworth st. The one i was in was owned by Roger Jagger, the most miserable bast**d on the Isle of Skye, the other was owned by his brother in law - I think that would be Matheson, it was the far end, near the junction with Bank St.
Update; I contacted bike supplier yesterday and came to an agreement on a partial refund (credit note ). They initially offered me £50 which I was having none of, I countered their offer and asked for £300 which they were having none of, we finally settled on £200 which I was satisfied with.

Would of preferred money refunded rather than credit but bike was purchased through cycle to work scheme so would of been messy. Supplier were easy to deal with and we quickly came to a compromise.

Now all I need is for the wind and gales to stop for an initial ride out.

Andybike;

Glad you have such memorable memories of Skye from back in the day :) I am a relatively new arrival to the island (12yrs) so my island history does not go back to far. You should come back for a wee visit it is still one of the most picturesque parts of the planet :).

The Silverfox

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2021
Cardiff, UK
Ordered a Cube Kathmandu Hybrid Pro 625 for my wife on the 18th October and it arrived today.

All went together nicely but there is a knocking in the headset so will be tightening it tomorrow.