Brexit, for once some facts.

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Update on our gas supplies...
Received a message and letter explaining they had gone and that new supplier would be taking over, and that they would be calculating our situation. (unknown at time) This was a while ago.
Yesterday received new message... Our calculated annual usage is £104 pa. (yes Per annum) but don't worry because we are £1250 in credit... So we have about 125 years worth of free gas... Might start selling it..

OG, website want to introduce an argumentative fecker emoji. Can they use your mush.
I am already in conflict with E.ON who have taken over my garage electricity supply from Symbio. They want me to set up a direct debit, but my argument is that I’m owed approximately 1 years worth of standing charge + electricity usage due to Symbio’s over charging and the huge credit now on my account.

These bandits, skimmers, middle men or whatever you want to call them, are deliberately charging for energy not yet used to try and keep the cash flow going until April next year. All these ***** do is roll the dice and gamble of fixed price energy deals paying off. Well they’ve come unstuck and if I can contribute in some small way to their demise, I’ll consider it a good days work.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Update on our gas supplies...
Received a message and letter explaining they had gone and that new supplier would be taking over, and that they would be calculating our situation. (unknown at time) This was a while ago.
Yesterday received new message... Our calculated annual usage is £104 pa. (yes Per annum) but don't worry because we are £1250 in credit... So we have about 125 years worth of free gas... Might start selling it..

OG, website want to introduce an argumentative fecker emoji. Can they use your mush.
For a modest charge. Well done , that is your very first good idea! :cool:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I am already in conflict with E.ON who have taken over my garage electricity supply from Symbio. They want me to set up a direct debit, but my argument is that I’m owed approximately 1 years worth of standing charge + electricity usage due to Symbio’s over charging and the huge credit now on my account.
Can you clarify?

Do you mean that they want you to set up a DD and they will be taking money straight away? Or they will not take until your credit has dropped to something sensible?

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
These are genuine, taken from our recent annual statement (s)
Screenshot_20211028_170731.jpg

We received this so got in touch and suggested that there must be an error as house is a holiday home, rarely used and not a full street.
So they sent a bloke out(eventually) to check meter reading (and change meter, as they suspected either a bad leak or faulty meter??)
Updated our records and then sent this one.
Screenshot_20211028_170649.jpg

They also suggested that because our monthly bill is £105 we could withhold payment until credit reduces to under £500.
I think that's in around 122 years..
I wonder if anyone actually reads anything they send out.

• Informative
Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
View attachment 44546

We received this so got in touch and suggested that there must be an error as house is a holiday home, rarely used and not a full street.
So they sent a bloke out(eventually) to check meter reading (and change meter, as they suspected either a bad leak or faulty meter??)
View attachment 44547
That is quite some overcharge (attempted)!

And if you do agree a DD, will they be taking money, or will it be there for when needed? Next year or whatever.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
That is quite some overcharge (attempted)!

And if you do agree a DD, will they be taking money, or will it be there for when needed? Next year or whatever.
I wanted to withdraw it. Its mine isn't it. Its the excess I, ve paid in?? Can't remember giving them £12k but you forget these things don't you.
Who knows.. We are happy at moment, gas is going into boiler and we haven't actually paid anything. We have tried on at least 6 occasions to pay them, sort it, resolve it. They say leave it with us, we, ll update you when we know how much you owe.??

• Informative

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
View attachment 44546

View attachment 44547
I can see where these errors come from... . If meter has rolled over on the most significant digit...

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Couldn't help thinking about OG all the way through:

Sounds great, but in reality the impression it makes is similar to one left by a brick thirty seconds after it has been tossed into a pond
Unimpressive to say the least. :D
If you mention it to anyone their response is either "Bloody foreigners taking our land to make a profit on it" or "who? are they still here?"or "Why are we not making these things ourselves and making a profit instead of giving it to foreigners?"

The Brexit is strong with them round these parts

• :D
  • Agree
Reactions: oyster and Woosh

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Can you clarify?

Do you mean that they want you to set up a DD and they will be taking money straight away? Or they will not take until your credit has dropped to something sensible?
They want me to set up a DD and propose to change me £35 / month. With it being a garage, my combined standing charge and energy usage is around £90. My old symbio account is over £100 in credit. EON don’t seem to understand this so they can go and **** themselves if they think I’m paying a penny for the next year.

• Informative

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Sounds great, but in reality the impression it makes is similar to one left by a brick thirty seconds after it has been tossed into a pond
Unimpressive to say the least. :D
If you mention it to anyone their response is either "Bloody foreigners taking our land to make a profit on it" or "who? are they still here?"or "Why are we not making these things ourselves and making a profit instead of giving it to foreigners?"

The Brexit is strong with them round these parts
Balsa - tropical hardwood
Resin - oil-based plastic
Polluted air in factory (I detest the smell of glass fibre manufacture)

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Balsa - tropical hardwood
Resin - oil-based plastic
Polluted air in factory (I detest the smell of glass fibre manufacture)
The strong smell associated with laminated products is polyester resin. The reinforcing( glass, carbon fibre, kevlar, dyneema) are just about odour free. And the resin generally used nowadays is Epoxy resin, which is also virtually odourless. Boats, boards, yachts etc will almost certainly use epoxy as medium.(especially performance oriented)
Polyester is still used for cheaper products.. Its not as strong, doesnt have as long work duration(cures faster) and can actually become porous. (Yachts were supposed to last forever, they don't, they can suffer from osmosis if built from polyester/fibre matting,, as older yachts were, cure... Paint them with epoxy!!!
Epoxy resins are still petroleum products tho...
And, I love the smell of polyester resins... But hate working with them. Epoxy is great to work with.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
The strong smell associated with laminated products is polyester resin. The reinforcing( glass, carbon fibre, kevlar, dyneema) are just about odour free. And the resin generally used nowadays is Epoxy resin, which is also virtually odourless. Boats, boards, yachts etc will almost certainly use epoxy as medium.(especially performance oriented)
Polyester is still used for cheaper products.. Its not as strong, doesnt have as long work duration(cures faster) and can actually become porous. (Yachts were supposed to last forever, they don't, they can suffer from osmosis if built from polyester/fibre matting,, as older yachts were, cure... Paint them with epoxy!!!
Epoxy resins are still petroleum products tho...
And, I love the smell of polyester resins... But hate working with them. Epoxy is great to work with.
Polyester resin stank to high heaven and that smell clung to everything.
Epoxy resin is deeply unpleasant because the resin is an endocrine disruptor.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Polyester resin stank to high heaven and that smell clung to everything.
Epoxy resin is deeply unpleasant because the resin is an endocrine disruptor.
Yep, you must wear gloves etc... But it doesn't stink....
And it is considered non toxic (both cured and uncured) but paradoxically it has been suggested the problem you mentioned could be an issue for water tanks (often lined with epoxy or built from it) with base chemicals eventually leaching into the water??? But I believe that's case with any plastic lined tanks.???
But for building boards, dinghies, foils, virtually any water craft and racing cars there really is nothing to compare.
I, ve got 20 year old epoxy /carbon masts that work as good as new. Aluminium... 3 seasons max. Throw them away.

Last edited:

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Some interesting findings in this study, it suggests protection from vaccination declines after just 3 months. I know the vaccines do a great job of keeping people out of hospital but I am coming around to fleccs thinking that they are nothing like all they were cracked up to be.

I can remember experts lining up to tell us that being vaccinated was likely to give us far better protection than people who caught the virus would get, that now seems to be a load of rubbish.

Jabs do not reduce risk of passing Covid within household, study suggests | Coronavirus | The Guardian

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Going back to our gas fiasco...
We have emailed and phoned them today. Sent back copies of statements (both the debit £23k and the credit £12k)...They insisted they had checked them again and everything fine.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I think it does stink - but that is beside the point. It fills the air with nasty substances.
You have any figures for that? And, I, m assuming you mean pre cured. It's one of most stable materials there is once set..
Screenshot_20211028_213159.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

Advertisers