Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Flecc used his consensus of one, then a consensus of a couple including Whoosh, to support his argument that vaccines aren't vaccines.
I support his view that the current crop of DNA and RNA vaccines are not good enough, certainly no better than the deactivated virus vaccines.
So licensing them as vaccines push the boundary toward political expediency.

Reactions: flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
:
But I am confused about your hesitancy about Ivermectin though.
I am skeptical about repurposing any approved drug for treating covid.
I know the strategy is legitimately pursued by a lot of scientists, that still does not convince me that the strategy is sound.
Specifically about Ivermectin, the effective concentration of ivermectin in vitro to affect the main covid protease is about 100 times the maximum level that was licensed for humans. That says to me that the effect is borderline, no way good enough to be a serious contender.
There are plenty of other compounds that have been tested to see if they are suitable for covid treatment, hundreds in fact.
443 medications have been given to more than 340 000 covid patients to see if they work.
all ends up being abandoned except 4: baricitinib, remdesivir, dexamethasone, and tocilizumab.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(21)00270-8/fulltext#coronavirus-linkback-header

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
He started it! Flecc used his consensus of one, then a consensus of a couple including Whoosh, to support his argument that vaccines aren't vaccines. The medical world calls vaccines vaccines. Any number of people greater than 0 can refer to anything as anything and they may be correct, but by no means is it a certainty that they are.
And anyone who thinks Tthe Nazis weren't capable in certain areas is completely missing the point. Technically, organisation wise, even militarily they were simply light years infront... But as I, ve said from start in other areas they were utter morons,which led to their demise... But don't forget by 1944 it was virtually a single country fighting the combined might of just about rest of world. Using fact they "lost" to discredit intelligence amongst their kind is bonkers. They wrote the book in Tank warfare (Heinz Guderian) which to this day is the Bible for tank commanders. Their war machines for years and years were basis for every army on planet. (from mg34/42 to their dreaded 88s, from their cruise missiles to their ICBMs, which they had in pipe line)
Their downfall was pure logistics stacked against them and the system that gave Hitler complete control..
Which rather illustrates the point about tanks. The eastern Praktika was accessible - I'm sure they sold vast numbers. Leica too expensive for the majority of us.
It was often stated in military circles post war that using mg42 (and especially mg34, its non productionised brother) was like using a Rolls Royce as a Taxi.
Similar comparisons could be made about many aspects of 1940s German engineering. (Look under hood of a Spitfire, then a FW190) Compare a Panzerfaust with Piat gun. (a spring loaded throwing device more akin to middle ages)
That doesn't detract from the engineering prowess shown in items but does demonstrate perhaps wrong priorities for time. The AK47 used many elements from German guns, (intermediate power round, a German idea) but was shoddily, built, built to massive tolerances (to with stand grime), utterly inaccurate but cheap, quick to build, reliable, easy to use and killed just as effectively as an expensive well built gun.

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
And anyone who thinks Tthe Nazis weren't capable in certain areas is completely missing the point. Technically, organisation wise, even militarily they were simply light years infront... But as I, ve said from start in other areas they were utter morons,which led to their demise... But don't forget by 1944 it was virtually a single country fighting the combined might of just about rest of world. Using fact they "lost" to discredit intelligence amongst their kind is bonkers. They wrote the book in Tank warfare (Heinz Guderian) which to this day is the Bible for tank commanders. Their war machines for years and years were basis for every army on planet. (from mg34/42 to their dreaded 88s, from their cruise missiles to their ICBMs, which they had in pipe line)
Their downfall was pure logistics stacked against them and the system that gave Hitler complete control..
It was often stated in military circles post war that using mg42 (and especially mg34, its non productionised brother) was like using a Rolls Royce as a Taxi.
Similar comparisons could be made about many aspects of 1940s German engineering. (Look under hood of a Spitfire, then a FW190) Compare a Panzerfaust with Piat gun. (a spring loaded throwing device more akin to middle ages)
That doesn't detract from the engineering prowess shown in items but does demonstrate perhaps wrong priorities for time. The AK47 used many elements from German guns, (intermediate power round, a German idea) but was shoddily, built, built to massive tolerances (to with stand grime), utterly inaccurate but cheap, quick to build, reliable, easy to use and killed just as effectively as an expensive well built gun.
It is sometimes missed that at least some Nazi prowess was deliberately undermined from inside.

Reactions: flecc and Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
It is sometimes missed that at least some Nazi prowess was deliberately undermined from inside.
There was also quite a lot of evidence to suggest alies wanted Hitler to remain in charge. He was seen very much as the weak link, even to point of not wanting the attempt on his life to succeed.
Last thing UK/US/Russia wanted was a capable bloke like Donitz in charge. And they killed their most talented General themselves. (Rommel)
But then again Stalin purged all his own skilled military just prior to war,thinking they were competition.

Reactions: flecc and oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
There was also quite a lot of evidence to suggest alies wanted Hitler to remain in charge. He was seen very much as the weak link, even to point of not wanting the attempt on his life to succeed.
Future-quote:

There was also quite a lot of evidence to suggest (non-UK ) allies wanted Johnson to remain in charge. He was seen very much as the weak link.

(I'll not go so far as to suggest anyone even considers an attempt on his life.)

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Looks like Johnson isn't as popular as he thinks he should be:

Sir John Major has launched a searing attack on the government over its treatment of the Owen Paterson lobbying scandal, condemning the handling of the row as “shameful and wrong”.

The former prime minister said it suggested Boris Johnson’s administration was “politically corrupt”, and that Major would be posed with a “dilemma” if he had to consider voting for Johnson to remain PM at the next election.

The comments came after the government briefly tried to shield Paterson from punishment for what the standards committee called an “egregious case” of breaching lobbying rules.

Major told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme: “I think the way the government handled that was shameful, wrong and unworthy of this or indeed any government. It also had the effect of trashing the reputation of parliament.”

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Surely it was the Zeissguist
But Zeiss lenses were, at the time, designed for cine film in vertical format - whereas Leica were going for what became full frame horizontal format. Hence, they had to make their own lenses.

(Yes, I got the joke. :) )

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
  • Informative
Reactions: Zlatan and oyster

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
...which all goes some way towards explaining freakish Nazi productivity - I don't think cocaine addled Tories, are in any danger of taking over the world.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
I support his view that the current crop of DNA and RNA vaccines are not good enough, certainly no better than the deactivated virus vaccines.
So licensing them as vaccines push the boundary toward political expediency.
But their relative inefficiency has been widely published (two shots of az circa 60% against delta or even less viz transmission etc). I dont think anyone seriously believe the government bravado about the war against covid having been won with vaccines.

Reactions: Zlatan and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
But their relative inefficiency has been widely published (two shots of az circa 60% against delta or even less viz transmission etc). I dont think anyone seriously believe the government bravado about the war against covid having been won with vaccines.
Some in here seem to, having a touching faith in their efficacy and by implication, a touching faith in this government's pronouncements.

Reactions: GLJoe

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
You are without doubt right but we are in a much better position with them..
Way I look at it vaccine/antigen is like a workshop manual, some are better than others but job is always easier with one. I, ve had 3 now.. Hope my body has studied them.
Thing is much as life shouldn't be fully back to normal it more or less is. Went to a firework display last night. Packed in like sardines, not a mask in site. Football grounds are packed as are shops, cinemas and pubs. With that behaviour wonder how many infections we, d be seeing without the vaccine/antigen.

And to be fair Chris Witty has said since even before vaccine materialised that it would never be a panacea,just a big help.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
You are without doubt right but we are in a much better position with them..
Way I look at it vaccine/antigen is like a workshop manual, some are better than others but job is always easier with one. I, ve had 3 now.. Hope my body has studied them.
Thing is much as life shouldn't be fully back to normal it more or less is. Went to a firework display last night. Packed in like sardines, not a mask in site. Football grounds are packed as are shops, cinemas and pubs. With that behaviour wonder how many infections we, d be seeing without the vaccine/antigen.
I felt uncomfortably feverish after talking to my neighbour in the open air at length, close enough for him to see various ebikes on my phone, trying to talk him out of buying a Swytch kit His workplace tested employees daily with PCR tests, but I'm sure he was ill. Without the vaccine, I might have had more than just several hours of feeling feverish. Even in the open air "Packed in like sardines", seems unwise!

Reactions: Zlatan

Advertisers