Cycling. Health. Covid. Diet.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Catch a cold, be more protected from Covid?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Covid post on Brexit thread:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I wonder what percentage of those who are 'unvacinated' out of choice and end up in ICU, regret their choice not to have been vacinated ?
I suspect it's low. There'll be some befuddled justification or other.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
I suspect it's low. There'll be some befuddled justification or other.... :rolleyes:
I haven't spoken to any patients after they have been in ITU but those I have seen in A&E even if they didn't need hospital admission are very regretful that they didn't get vaccinated as they had suffered so badly with the disease. None of the unvaccinated with COVID-19 that I have seen were anti-vaxxers just people who thought they were young-ish & fit-ish so thought that even if they caught the disease they wouldn't suffer badly. One old lady had refused a second jab as she had mild flu-like symptoms after her first jab.

• Informative
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I haven't spoken to any patients after they have been in ITU but those I have seen in A&E even if they didn't need hospital admission are very regretful that they didn't get vaccinated as they had suffered so badly with the disease. None of the unvaccinated with COVID-19 that I have seen were anti-vaxxers just people who thought they were young-ish & fit-ish so thought that even if they caught the disease they wouldn't suffer badly. One old lady had refused a second jab as she had mild flu-like symptoms after her first jab.
@nigelbb - I think you'd enjoy the vacine debate which rages intermittently in what was a thread about Brexit:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I know many people who can't be convinced to take the second shot... are they well on their way to becoming variant factories?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
@nigelbb - I think you'd enjoy the vacine debate which rages intermittently in what was a thread about Brexit:

I really don’t think I would. I don’t have the time to argue the toss with stupid antisocial antivaxxers. They are like cult members & not amenable to reason.

• Agree
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I really don’t think I would. I don’t have the time to argue the toss with stupid antisocial antivaxxers. They are like cult members & not amenable to reason.
I totally agree with you - if you win on one argument, it'd be just a small victory over one fragment of reason, unconnected in any logical way to any other within their overall fuzzy position... and any insight gained by them during a long arduous argument with you, is soon swamped by "Truth" from their preceived "Peers". It's ultimately unwinnable.

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
I know many people who can't be convinced to take the second shot... are they well on their way to becoming variant factories?
In fact the vast overwhelming majority of people do have two jabs & take up of boosters is just as good.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
In fact the vast overwhelming majority of people do have two jabs & take up of boosters is just as good.

I'm sure you're right - it's just the people I know (elderly). They seem to be terrified of:

1. Going into hospital or a vaccination facility, for fear of getting infected.

2. Serious vaccine/booster side-effects, which are very rare.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I've given up trying to convince anti-vaxxers. I now take a similarly preposterous position, and quote this as proof that the pandemic was started by aliens, through the alien anal probe vector between species:

...I stick to this argument till they go away.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Guerney is deliberately misleading you with partial quotes and insinuations. The are almost no anti-vaxxers in the covid discussion thread he mentions. Every one of us constructively active in the discussion has had first and second vaccinations at least and those who can have had the booster. We are very pro accepting the vaccines and boosters and insist everybody should. That's true of every person he's quoted from that thread.

Some of us wish the vaccines were better at the primary vaccine function of preventing catching the disease and thus not being able to transmit it, but some seem to object to any mention of that preference.

Reactions: richtea99

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Guerney is deliberately misleading you with partial quotes and insinuations. The are no anti-vaxxers in the covid discussion thread he mentions. Every one of us active in the discussion has had first and second vaccinations at least and those who can have had the booster. We are very pro accepting the vaccines and boosters and insist everybody should.
:rolleyes:

Is your first statement libellous? Hope you're using an untraceable multi-hop VPN through Tor...