Cycling. Health. Covid. Diet.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
:rolleyes:

Is your first statement libellous? Hope you're using an untraceable multi-hop VPN through Tor...
Of course it isn't, one only has to look at the way you use partial quotes, even to the extent of cutting off mid sentence to hide the context. Hardly good internet manners, having more in common with social media of the Twitter and What's App kind.

Nigel only has to glance at the thread in question to see the truth and how the odd anti-vax intruder is treated.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Of course it isn't, one only has to look at the way you use partial quotes, even to the extent of cutting off mid sentence to hide the context. Hardly good internet manners, having more in common with social media of the Twitter and What's App kind.

Nigel only has to glance at the thread in question to see the truth and how the odd anti-vax intruder is treated.
If you want a response from me, just ask a question. Starting with an attack, is a not a good idea on any forum. You can't say anything you want on the internet.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If you want a response from me, just ask a question. Starting with an attack via a potentially libellous comment, is a not a good idea on any forum. You can't say anything you want on the internet.
Partially and selectively quoting giving no idea of context is extremely bad mannered, especially when it is so easily avoided by giving a link to the post in question. Criticism of that behaviour is wholly justified.

• Agree
Reactions: richtea99 and GLJoe

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Partially and selectively quoting giving no idea of context is extremely bad mannered, especially when it is so easily avoided by giving a link to the post in question. Criticism of that behaviour is wholly justified.

You clearly don't need a shovel. Say what you like...

I893469365902345609348566

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2021
I'm hoping someone on here might know: Would I be refused the booster because I have a broken wrist?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'm hoping someone on here might know: Would I be refused the booster because I have a broken wrist?

I'm sure you wouldn't be refused, the Covid vaccine doesn't appear to affect bone health issues:

"You can have a COVID vaccine whilst taking any of the osteoporosis medications. The vaccine will be effective and safe for you, and there are no recommendations around having them at different times. It is safe to have them both on the same day. "

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
With compulsory mask wearing in shops and on public transport due in England shortly, I wonder what the observance will be ?

I Wales we have had to wear them as above for a long time.

One observation I would make is that compared to us oldies, a lot of young people seem to have medical excemptions from wearing masks in shops etc, which I find odd, why do the young have so many more adverse medical conditions than the oldies ?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
One observation I would make is that compared to us oldies, a lot of young people seem to have medical excemptions from wearing masks in shops etc, which I find odd, why do the young have so many more adverse medical conditions than the oldies ?
For many years now we've had near epidemic levels of asthma among the young, which often clears up during their twenties. My niece was one of them, having spells in intensive care and nearly losing her life at 18.

This has been highlighted in the campaigns against traffic polution.

Information link

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
You've posted at least 20 links with no context/comment in the previous 2 pages (I couldn't be bothered to go further back than that.) It's akin to shouting the title at passers-by.

Were you add some context to your posts readers could decide if they're worthy of further investigation.
Just a thought.
Context: This forum automatically populates displayed links with scraped content - usually headlines and a subtext. You can follow the links, or ignore them.

Any link I post here, will (mostly) be about "Covid. Diet. Health".

Growing your own veg is often healthier:

Say or post links to something useful or interesting? Just a partial thought. ;)

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
With compulsory mask wearing in shops and on public transport due in England shortly, I wonder what the observance will be ?

I Wales we have had to wear them as above for a long time.

Very late last night in ASDA, there were very few shoppers about - the intercom was blaring out the message that masks were required... I was the only one wearing one. It might be different during daylight hours, when the mostly masked elderly usually shop.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
"COVID-19 Post-acute Sequelae Among Adults: 12 Month Mortality Risk"

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
I was the only one wearing one. It might be different during daylight hours, when the mostly masked elderly usually shop.
Could be.

Another observation would be that when youngsters are shopping in a group of two or more, the whole group appears to be medically excempt from mask wearing.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Could be.

Another observation would be that when youngsters are shopping in a group of two or more, the whole group appears to be medically excempt from mask wearing.
They're also legally exempt from infecting and potentially killing older people. I'm ordering online exclusively for awhile...

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
"Those who have already had other variants of coronavirus do not appear to be protected against Omicron"