Brexit, for once some facts.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
In the Daily Mail
"
I've got a problem with my arsenal, doc: Bomb Squad are called to A&E where patient turned up with two-inch-wide WWII shell lodged in his rectum which got there when he 'slipped and fell on it during a clear-out'

Well I believe him, can I have my Unicorn now please?
Man ended up in A&E due to something stuck up his rectum. His story is that he had diarrhoea but needed to travel somewhere. He placed a mustard jar under him to catch any accidental release but, as the car went over a speedbump, it got pushed in.

A&E sent him to theatre where it was removed. The jar was sent to pathology for analysis with the report coming back:

“We conclude this was not a foreign body as the label clearly stated Colman’s English Mustard.”

Adding: The actual jar was in the Black Museum of a hospital at which I worked for a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldgroaner and Nev

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
VIRUSES DO NOT EXIST
Stop shouting...but you raise a very good scientific philosophical question. Does a chair exist? Perhaps conscious thought is required to really exist, so perhaps a chair doesn't.. Then it raises the question do VIRUSES have conscious thought... Well no they don't.. So in this way of studying it. You are correct, they do not exist... But they are there.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Man ended up in A&E due to something stuck up his rectum. His story is that he had diarrhoea but needed to travel somewhere. He placed a mustard jar under him to catch any accidental release but, as the car went over a speedbump, it got pushed in.

A&E sent him to theatre where it was removed. The jar was sent to pathology for analysis with the report coming back:

“We conclude this was not a foreign body as the label clearly stated Colman’s English Mustard.”
Once heard story from a nurse working on A and E... Bloke came in with a vibrator lodged well inside... Went to surgery... Doctor removed item, looked at it still vibrating away..
"that's duracell for you!".

• :D
Reactions: oldgroaner and Nev

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Do you remember her?

'Kraken' lawyer Sidney Powell and her band of pro-Trump lawyers are ordered to pay $175,000 for their election fraud lawsuit in Michigan
  • Sidney Powell, Lin Wood and seven other lawyers filed frivolous lawsuits
  • They threatened to 'release the Kraken' to destroy Biden's claim on presidency
  • Judge ordered them to pay Michigan governor Gretchen Whitmer and secretary of state Jocelyn Benson $22,000 as well as the city of Detroit $153,000
  • Final bill for each of the lawyers stands at around $20,000

Reactions: Nev

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Agreed, but it doesn't work.. Tried it myself with other posters.
It's easier to just agree to disagree and move on.
I hope the "Ignore" function of this website works better than the link content scraping function, in regard to inter-forum links... the slight momentum of my preceding words in this post, leads dangerously toward imminent positive mood death territory once more.

Last edited:

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
.. Folk I, ve met in NHS so far have been incredible. From the bloke operating on my heart to the lady on my eyes and the team saving my wife's life... Why should I now question those very people because some idiot on Internet has "researched" subject.
Because some idiot on the internet might have come across other people who aren't idiots, they might actually be world leading experts in their field.
Lets not forget that at one point in time, those very caring, and no doubt 'incredible' people in organisations like the NHS, would have been dishing out things like Thalidomide tablets, believing that they were a good thing!
They probably are very wonderful people with their hearts in the right place. That doesn't mean that they themselves are being given the correct information to start with. To blindly assume this is the case is total folly, and history has shown time and again that good, decent people have been misled.

<Chris Whitty>
I, ll let this chap do my research, then listen to him. He is infinetly better qualified than anyone on here or anywhere you, ll find on Google.
Really?
So what happens when you do a google and come up with someone like Dr. Peter McCullough, who's one of, if not THE most published cardiologists in the world saying things contrary to Dr Whitty? who do you listen to then?
Or what if its Richard Fleming ? That guy has THREE doctorates. He's a PhD, a qualified medical doctor, and also a doctor of law! Sounds like he's someone who's 'infinitely more qualified' than poor old Chris Whitty. And he's also singing a different tune. Who do you listen to then?
You see its not as simple as you seem to be making out.

edit:
And lets not forget that Chris Whitty himself published a paper some years ago, which pointed out within it that Ivermectin is an exceptionally safe drug! Yet for some reason he's now singing the official party line of don't touch it with a bargepole because its potentially dangerous. Why should you now automatically believe anything else he says without questioning it?

• Informative
Reactions: Woosh

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Because some idiot on the internet might have come across other people who aren't idiots, they might actually be world leading experts in their field.
Lets not forget that at one point in time, those very caring, and no doubt 'incredible' people in organisations like the NHS, would have been dishing out things like Thalidomide tablets, believing that they were a good thing!
They probably are very wonderful people with their hearts in the right place. That doesn't mean that they themselves are being given the correct information to start with. To blindly assume this is the case is total folly, and history has shown time and again that good, decent people have been misled.

Really?
So what happens when you do a google and come up with someone like Dr. Peter McCullough, who's one of, if not THE most published cardiologists in the world saying things contrary to Dr Whitty? who do you listen to then?
Or what if its Richard Fleming ? That guy has THREE doctorates. He's a PhD, a qualified medical doctor, and also a doctor of law! Sounds like he's someone who's 'infinitely more qualified' than poor old Chris Whitty. And he's also singing a different tune. Who do you listen to then?
You see its not as simple as you seem to be making out.

edit:
And lets not forget that Chris Whitty himself published a paper some years ago, which pointed out within it that Ivermectin is an exceptionally safe drug! Yet for some reason he's now singing the official party line of don't touch it with a bargepole because its potentially dangerous. Why should you now automatically believe anything else he says without questioning it?
I don't need to know about everything just whether to have jab or not. So that's a yes.
What are you deciding about? Yes, it requires a bit of thought but not this utter rubbish. You and I are not micro biologists. We aren't giving lectures, we aren't (or shouldn't) be even giving advice about vaccines. The simple choice is yes or no to vaccine. Rest is noise, distraction.. And ofcourse whatever choice you choose you can invariably find some "expert" to argue other way... But it doesn't help does it. We know vaccine is of benefit. We know it's safe. We know 99% of doctors would support all of us(except medically compromised) having it,so what are you discussing it for. You had it, will have next. It's just wasting time now.
It's ridiculous. It's a fecking jab for goodness sake.
How would you cope before some serious operation. Consult every Internet expert on planet and present it all to your surgeon... Then deliberate for a year before having op.
Last year I had a 5 and half hour heart op. Consultant said I needed it. Perhaps I should have asked you to research it first.
To be honest, I don't think us lot even have knowledge base to remotely understand medical reasoning offered on either vaccines or heart ops.
About 8 weeks ago a young woman removed front of my eye, went inside it, destroyed the damaged lens, removed its remnants, replaced that with a plastic one, re fixed front of eye... And following day my eye sight was best its ever been. She adked if I, d had vaccine and suggested I get booster. Then you suggest getting opinion of an expert. Bonkers.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I don't need to know about everything just whether to have jab or not. So that's a yes.
What are you deciding about? Yes, it requires a bit of thought but not this utter rubbish. You and I are not micro biologists. We aren't giving lectures, we aren't (or shouldn't) be even giving advice about vaccines. The simple choice is yes or no to vaccine. Rest is noise, distraction.. And ofcourse whatever choice you choose you can invariably find some "expert" to argue other way... But it doesn't help does it. We know vaccine is of benefit. We know it's safe. We know 99% of doctors would support all of us(except medically compromised) having it,so what are you discussing it for. You had it, will have next. It's just wasting time now.
It's ridiculous. It's a fecking jab for goodness sake.
How would you cope before some serious operation. Consult every Internet expert on planet and present it all to your surgeon... Then deliberate for a year before having op.
Last year I had a 5 and half hour heart op. Consultant said I needed it. Perhaps I should have asked you to research it first.
To be honest, I don't think us lot even have knowledge base to remotely understand medical reasoning offered on either vaccines or heart ops.
About 8 weeks ago a young woman removed front of my eye, went inside it, destroyed the damaged lens, removed its remnants, replaced that with a plastic one, re fixed front of eye... And following day my eye sight was best its ever been. She adked if I, d had vaccine and suggested I get booster. Then you suggest getting opinion of an expert. Bonkers.
I found it very hard to believe that there was another viable approach to Covid other than:

Finding some very effective medicine which can be taken after infection that effectively cures us.

A vaccine.

Significant progress on treatments is a big positive. But not if they are only available once you are bad enough to be in hospital. We need something that is very safe and can be used similarly to paracetamol - I think I feel not so well, take a couple of these. Without that, people will be delayed in getting treated, possibly too long. Especially if health services are very busy for any reason - or simply unavailable.

To a large extent, I decided that taking a vaccine was likely to be the best choice for me, and very likely my best choice for everyone else. Obviously, I hope it is effective and doesn't cause issues in me or anyone else. If I had died from it, well, there are bound to be some casualties of any treatment. I could very well have died from Covid instead.

We want any vaccine to be highly effective but even a (relatively) disappointing technical performance might be better than nothing.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I found it very hard to believe that there was another viable approach to Covid other than:

Finding some very effective medicine which can be taken after infection that effectively cures us.

A vaccine.

Significant progress on treatments is a big positive. But not if they are only available once you are bad enough to be in hospital. We need something that is very safe and can be used similarly to paracetamol - I think I feel not so well, take a couple of these. Without that, people will be delayed in getting treated, possibly too long. Especially if health services are very busy for any reason - or simply unavailable.

To a large extent, I decided that taking a vaccine was likely to be the best choice for me, and very likely my best choice for everyone else. Obviously, I hope it is effective and doesn't cause issues in me or anyone else. If I had died from it, well, there are bound to be some casualties of any treatment. I could very well have died from Covid instead.

We want any vaccine to be highly effective but even a (relatively) disappointing technical performance might be better than nothing.
I admit to being hesitant about getting boosted because it'll be the Pfizer, which I haven't had before (two Az shots)... and I haven't yet been called. I not seen reports of significant numbers of side-effects to the Pfizer, when used as a booster. I'll book online soon... in the meantime, I'm in full doomsday prep mode, surrounded by nothing but beans as far as the eye can see (and more than the usual vast quantity of ebay loo rolls - necessitated by increased bean consumption)(I dare not strike a match).

Last edited:

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
I admit to being hesitant about getting boosted because it'll be the Pfizer, which I haven't had before (two Az shots)... and I haven't yet been called. I not seen reports of significant numbers of side-effects to the Pfizer, when used as a booster.
I had my booster yesterday (Pfizer), I was a little worried about side effects as anecdotally I had heard of quite a lot of people who had some very unpleasant side effects. So far (it's been 30 hours) all I have had is a sore arm so hopefully that's all I am going to get.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I've been showing you that evidence but your mind is closed to anything that shows otherwise, as the above shows. Just think about it for a moment. How can London with its very high population density, suffering Covid 19 well before anywhere else in the country, at vastly higher infection rates and now with by far the lowest vaccination rates, have a death rate over the entire Covid two year period below the rest of the country with their far greater vaccine acceptance?

That's not in any way my opinion, it's just what the government's own statistics tell us:

Anyway, I'm happy that we in London are benefitting so much from what you say doesn't exist.
No flecc... I did not say it doesn't exist,..I said no evidence ...

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I admit to being hesitant about getting boosted because it'll be the Pfizer, which I haven't had before (two Az shots)... and I haven't yet been called. I not seen reports of significant numbers of side-effects to the Pfizer, when used as a booster. I'll book online soon... in the meantime, I'm in full doomsday prep mode, surrounded by nothing but beans as far as the eye can see (and more than the usual vast quantity of ebay loo rolls - necessitated by increased bean consumption)(I dare not strike a match).
You were hesitant because you over researched and studied it.
If a 100 people have jab the only one to comment on a forum, or anywhere else for that matter, will be the one snow flake who gets a sore arm. Rest will just get on with it.. But result when millions are having jab is damned Internet is now awash with brother snowflakes moaning about sore arms, whilst vast majority are out cycling or something.
Get a grip, it's a damned jab for goodness sake. Yep is it 6 people in 50 million have suffered. Talk about getting things out of perspective. How do you go on driving on busy roads? In reality way more dangerous but you don't research that 4 hours a day.
I, m fairly sure if you research it enough you, ll find plenty of side effects, probably enough so that when you have jab some psychosematic mechanism will kick in and make them real for you. Then low and behold you can inform everyone on Internet how bad it was and put folk off going.
Sore arm. What have we become.?
This jab or not to jab has become mass social hysteria. When I was a kid school lined is up, said "you are having a jab today" We thought "great, better than boring lessons, and had it"
Nowadays, parents, kids, grandparents, key workers and every fecker else has to have prior notice so the lot of them can get kids panicking about it. Then low and behold the snowflakes are fainting.. Well the ones having it are. What a mess. Everybody is a bloody expert.

Last edited:

Advertisers