Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Yep - that was the reason for my auction! :)
BJ may bid 15bn. Never before, a tory government spent that much on benefits.
The tories must be pretty desperate to hold on to him.

Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: flecc and oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I see Johnson really has got a plan:

Boris Johnson will reportedly announce the return of imperial measurements to mark the Queen’s platinum jubilee, in an apparent attempt to garner support among Brexiter voters in battleground seats that the Conservatives are in danger of losing.

Hope he remembers to re-designate power stations in lb/hr of steam. And gas in therms. And aspirin tablets as five grains. And spirits in 1/6, 1/5 or 1/4 of a gill (and depend on where you are and a little notice behind the bar).

Ironic that weights and measures are no longer defined in terms of platinum alloy prototypes.

Remember that Scotland should have every right to go back to Scottish pints.

(Does Johnson even know the distinction between weight and mass and the confusion of pounds?)

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Does Johnson even know the distinction between weight and mass and the confusion of pounds?
Probably not. His strong subject is dog latin.

• Agree
Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I see Johnson really has got a plan:

Boris Johnson will reportedly announce the return of imperial measurements to mark the Queen’s platinum jubilee, in an apparent attempt to garner support among Brexiter voters in battleground seats that the Conservatives are in danger of losing.

Hope he remembers to re-designate power stations in lb/hr of steam. And gas in therms. And aspirin tablets as five grains. And spirits in 1/6, 1/5 or 1/4 of a gill (and depend on where you are and a little notice behind the bar).

Ironic that weights and measures are no longer defined in terms of platinum alloy prototypes.

Remember that Scotland should have every right to go back to Scottish pints.

(Does Johnson even know the distinction between weight and mass and the confusion of pounds?)
He'll understand what I mean when I call him a dog stinkhorn?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
  • :D
Reactions: oyster and Woosh

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The nagging to get a second Covid booster jab this spring has started, but it's no way for me after what the last booster did. A long series of painful tachycardia heart attacks starting once the booster had kicked in, peaking through December and January, and not finally ending until the booster had finally worn off after over four months from the jab.

The annoying thing was that it had been apparently known the Pfizer booster following two AZ jabs could cause heart rhythm disturbances, but in their keenness to push the vaccines they didn't bother to publicise that.

For someone like me with known prior heart trouble and prone to this life threatening problem anyway, I should have had that information before hand.

The whole vaccine issue has been hugely overplayed anyway, the benefit very small and mainly as they put it, "to save the NHS". To hell with that, we are not here to save the NHS, the NHS is suppose to be here to save us! Something it's miserably failing to do, with 10% of the country on waiting lists for very necessary treatment, plus all those like me who cannot even get onto a waiting list.

It's what we are paying a vast annual sum for, widespread failure that has been going on for many years, since long before Covid existed.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I see Leadsom isn't happy with Johnson either!

Andrea Leadsom condemns Boris Johnson's 'unacceptable failings of leadership'
Former minister Andrea Leadsom has criticised prime minister Boris Johnson’s “unacceptable failings of leadership” following the publication of the Sue Gray report.

In a letter to her constituents, published on social media, Leadsom said she believed it is “extremely unlikely that senior leaders were unaware of what was going on.”

I think this helps cement the impossibility of Johnson clearly winning a leadership challenge.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
I see Leadsom isn't happy with Johnson either!

Andrea Leadsom condemns Boris Johnson's 'unacceptable failings of leadership'
Former minister Andrea Leadsom has criticised prime minister Boris Johnson’s “unacceptable failings of leadership” following the publication of the Sue Gray report.

In a letter to her constituents, published on social media, Leadsom said she believed it is “extremely unlikely that senior leaders were unaware of what was going on.”

I think this helps cement the impossibility of Johnson clearly winning a leadership challenge.
Same leadsome that worked with Johnson on bid to save owen Patterson last year. On balance, I think I prefer johnson

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
It’s very quiet in here. Are you all having a street party? Where’s my invitation?
When (even) a tory MP suggests rejoining the single market as a big part of fixing things, about the only question is "Was it all worth it?".

The majority opinion seems to be YMBFJ.

What's the difference between the Pied Piper and Johnson?

Johnson can't play a flute. And only the children followed the PP.

And from yesterday:

Meanwhile, Johnson faced further embarrassment on Saturday evening when comedian Lee Mack made a joke about partygate during the Platinum Party at the Palace concert with the prime minister sitting in the royal box.

Mack said: “Finally we can say the words ‘party’ and ‘gate’ and it’s a positive” which prompted cheers and laughs from the audience.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It’s very quiet in here. Are you all having a street party? Where’s my invitation?
Dunno about anyone else, but I've opted out of the world while all this royalty crap is going on.

Seeing all these gormless union jack clad mobs inanely enjoying having the mickey being taken out of them at their own expense makes me despair for this country's future.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Dunno about anyone else, but I've opted out of the world while all this royalty crap is going on.

Seeing all these gormless union jack clad mobs inanely enjoying having the mickey being taken out of them at their own expense makes me despair for this country's future.

It sort of brings people together and makes them forget about their electricity bills for a couple of day, so on the whole it's not a bad thing.

I watched the concert last night. Bonnie Tyler was awful, really bad. She should hang up the microphone.

Attachments

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I was hoping that Elton John was going to sing Candle in the Wind and that the BBC would put the Royal-Box CAM on the Red Button. Didn't happen though.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

We had a do in town - but there were hardly any union flags! It was OK for a while - nothing that special but I think most people weren't really thinking Jubilee - rather an excuse for a couple of pints, maybe a bit of scoff, and some music. Think little stage with three lasses belting out Abba!

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Is it just me or do others shout BORING! when David Attenborough is on telly? I found myself doing it again last night when Plati-Jubes was on.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
We had a do in town - but there were hardly any union flags! It was OK for a while - nothing that special but I think most people weren't really thinking Jubilee - rather an excuse for a couple of pints, maybe a bit of scoff, and some music. Think little stage with three lasses belting out Abba!
Nothing at all here, except someone had attached a short line of coloured pennants along three trees. Nothing else, so they may have been supporting the England football team (who lost) against Hungary or celebrating our cricket team finally winning something or other.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Just watching the Plati Jubes parade I recorded earlier. The bicycle through the ages bit is good, but some of the ebikes look a bit dodge. I don’t think a Bosch motor will allow you to pull a wheelie whilst not pedalling. Some serious tweaks happening there.

Advertisers