Haibike warranty advice

tobikingus

Just Joined
Mar 11, 2021
Hi there!

So i bought Haibike Hardnine 6 back in Februrary,
I had issues with the brakes like turkey gobble, that really distinctive sound which annoying for any bike user coming from the brakes
Mind that i bought the bike from the Haibike website but collection was from Pure Electric store they should be responsible for the warranty,
So the guys from the pure electric store didn't do much about that because the brake still squeak as hell and now 2 weeks ago they closed down the store and the nearest is 130 miles away which is really too far for me to get there, i spoke with them and they cannot offer any solution and told me maybe Haibike can swap my warranty to another bike dealer, so i spoke with Haibike and they offering me now an option which is send the bike back to Nottingham, obviously they will cover the shipping fee and so on but they told me they cannot be responsible for any damage made by the courier company if thats happen which now lefts me clueless
What i should do, spend the money out of my own pocket do fix the brakes or just replace them with better model?
Or should they offer me a better solution because the warranty store was aware from the beginning that something was not right with the brakes they are tektro m275 btw
Really having hard time with that customer service

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
Cheers, looks like 3 of their stores have gone, Tooley Street, Belfast & Plymouth. Don't know if they are in trouble?

Anyway, although you shouldn't have to pay out, in your position I'd probably just pay to have the brakes checked over & repaired or replaced. May cause you less grief in the long run.

tobikingus

Just Joined
Mar 11, 2021
Cheers, looks like 3 of their stores have gone, Tooley Street, Belfast & Plymouth. Don't know if they are in trouble?

Anyway, although you shouldn't have to pay out, in your position I'd probably just pay to have the brakes checked over & repaired or replaced. May cause you less grief in the long run.
Yeah, its quite odd because i was couple times at the store and it didn't seem like it was supposed to close i mean they had new bikes in stock so on and it happened suddenly. Thanks for the advice i think you right i might just spend money of out my own pocket, bought this bike from their store because it was close to me but yeah, thats life

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Do the brakes squeak all the time, or just with braking?
Front and rear the same?
Are you able to check and see if the rotors/disks are warped. The slightest sideways movement can be bad.
Are the disks badly adjusted and the are touching while riding?
The idea from someone to change the pads again is a good one too.
Adjusting caliper to pad position correctly, can be a bit fraught.
Photos, clear and close would be good.
regards
Andy