Strange Pas problem

oldie1982

Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2020
I think i have a setting somewhere that needs changing on the LCD8H.

Bafang 48v Swx02 from Woosh
KT LCD8H

Everything was working fine with the KT 15a controller. PAS worked fine in one direction.

I changed my controller from a 15a Kt controller to a 17a KT controller. I checked the settings and everything was still the same on the KT display.

However the pas stopped working, without checking the pas settings again on the LCD i changed the PAS sensor. Left the 10 ring magnet as it was.

However now the PAS was working on/off so i took a look at the lcd settings and noticed C1 was 5. I went through all the C1 settings and settings 3 and 4 worked the best so i lefi t on 3. However now even if i pedal backwards this activates the PAS. I tried setting 4 but this had the same issue. I did not try any other setting as this makes the PAS behave erattically.

Is there any other settings related to the PAS?

I have attached a picture of my LCD settings.

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It is simply down to the Hall sensor used in the PAS sensor some work both ways, which is a bit annoying if one pushes the bike backwards or back pedals. I had one like that and simply set C8/0 so that the PAS level defaulted to 0 when screen is turned on otherwise I always made sure PAS level was 0.

oldie1982

Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2020
Yes that makes sense.

The one I replaced was a king meter one with a little led light on it. Only activated going forward.

I will do the setting as you said.

Advertisers