Where would I find Bafang XF07 Bearings?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
One has to open the hub and extract or read the old bearing size/ designation from the bearing to buy the correct ones needed. Not all hubs will use the same size earings.

Buy bearings from an online bearing supplier ( use google) or buy off ebay, in both instances one will need to know the bearing size/designation.

Sturmey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2018
Ireland
I have a MXUS xf07 which may be different to your Bafang version which I never knew existed. Mine were 6001RS and 6902 RS (cable side) I think but you should check as suggested above . I got mine at the local motor factors. They were made by 'Codex' and cost me 10 euro each.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
They're standard bearings that you can buy very cheaply from Ebay. Take the worn ones out and get the number off them - something like 6901 RS.
No such thing as 'standard' bearings. in this case there are quality and crud, and if you dont buy a good quality one then you could end up replacing it sooner then you think.

INA,Timken, SKS or Enduro bearings are very good quality
Hope technology used to specify Enduro in their hubs. Hope hubs are amongst the best out there. Not sure if they still use Enduro, but if you google the bearing number along with 'Hope' you should get pointed in the right direction.
Be aware though that you can expect to pay between 7 and 10 quid for a high end bearing, so dont buy one for a £1 because it says hope. Hope dont actually make the bearings so the cheaper brands offer theirs to suit Hope hubs, but they aren't the quality Hope would use themselves.

Also if you see '2RS' on the bearing, this denoted 2 Rubber Shields, as it its sealed both sides.
You can also pop off one of those shields periodically and repack the bearing with a good quality grease.

Have you any bearing drifts ? These are really important for getting the bearing fully seated and to go in parallel. Don't worry, they are quite inexpensive. Each bearing will have a specific drift the exact size of the outer ring so when you tap it in, it only puts pressure on the outside.

Available as individual drifts(support bushes to give them their Sunday name) like this example - as said, each bearing has its own specific press, so this is just an example -

These are the ones I have. I've serviced a large number of Hope hubs over the years,and they seem to delight in bringing out a new bearing for each new hub. Easier and cheaper for me to just own the lot.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The sizes are a standard not the quality of materials.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
No such thing as 'standard' bearings. in this case there are quality and crud, and if you dont buy a good quality one then you could end up replacing it sooner then you think.

INA,Timken, SKS or Enduro bearings are very good quality
Hope technology used to specify Enduro in their hubs. Hope hubs are amongst the best out there. Not sure if they still use Enduro, but if you google the bearing number along with 'Hope' you should get pointed in the right direction.
Be aware though that you can expect to pay between 7 and 10 quid for a high end bearing, so dont buy one for a £1 because it says hope. Hope dont actually make the bearings so the cheaper brands offer theirs to suit Hope hubs, but they aren't the quality Hope would use themselves.

Also if you see '2RS' on the bearing, this denoted 2 Rubber Shields, as it its sealed both sides.
You can also pop off one of those shields periodically and repack the bearing with a good quality grease.

Have you any bearing drifts ? These are really important for getting the bearing fully seated and to go in parallel. Don't worry, they are quite inexpensive. Each bearing will have a specific drift the exact size of the outer ring so when you tap it in, it only puts pressure on the outside.

Available as individual drifts(support bushes to give them their Sunday name) like this example - as said, each bearing has its own specific press, so this is just an example -

These are the ones I have. I've serviced a large number of Hope hubs over the years,and they seem to delight in bringing out a new bearing for each new hub. Easier and cheaper for me to just own the lot.
Standard means that it has a number that identifies it as a bearing that any bearing supplier will understand and be able to supply, rather than it having a motor manufacturer's part number and it being a unique size specific to its application.

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

cosybike

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2009
www.cosybike.co.uk
Thanks, really useful. For info - These bearings have done 8000 miles in terrible salty scottish winters on a daily use cargo bike 100% motor uptime apart from an easily fixed pedal sensor, I reckon thats pretty good. had a regrease done too.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If one has a socket set then simply using a correctly sized socket will act as a drift to knock it out or even a it 22mm copper tube if it fits. It doesn't matter if the size is a bit small to get them out but needs to be correct to tap then back into place.

Reactions: cosybike

cosybike

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2009
www.cosybike.co.uk
The most boring thread continues....Motor Side bearing is 16003RS. Can be drifted out with a Piece of 25mm conduit long enough to cover the Cable. 30cms is plenty.

Removing this bearing....Standby...Working on it. Might need a bearing puller for this one but not sure how yet.

Attachments

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
The most boring thread continues....Motor Side bearing is 16003RS. Can be drifted out with a Piece of 25mm conduit long enough to cover the Cable. 30cms is plenty.

Removing this bearing....Standby...Working on it. Might need a bearing puller for this one but not sure how yet.
When I had one stuck like that, I took a biy of 6mm steel plate and used my angle grinder to grind a wedge with a slot for the axle, like a double wedge. After a few whacks, the bearing started to move, then worked its way off.

Sort of like this:

Reactions: cosybike

cosybike

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2009
www.cosybike.co.uk
Ach well ! Ended in Failure - It doesn't come apart the way you would expect so I bent Shaft with a bearing puller. Will Just get another XF07....So close! yet so far! Looks like all components slide on from one side. Time and effort ratio exceeded. Bearing puller costs matching 50% of a new motor....

Advertisers