£50 Discount off used Demo ????

Josh

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 1, 2014
Hi, just had a trial on a Volt Metro folder through a local dealer. I was impressed with build quality and ride for my needs. To order a new bike cost through Volt £1145. However volt has offered me the demo bike I tried at the dealers for a discount of £50 back through this dealer. Volt assured me it was not that old and had not been ridden very far, although they could not tell me exactly how old but would honour their 2year warranty on this machine.
My thoughts are it is still a used, second hand bike, demo model or otherwise and this discount does not appear to be very generous when I could have a band spanking new one for not much more. Volt stated they would not usually give any sort of discounts, even though it's that time of year for sales and new models etc.
What are you guys opinions? bearing in mind Volt could not know or honestly say how many persons or how far this particular machine has been ridden, how many times battery has been charged etc.
Cheers.

D

Deleted member 4366

Doesn't sound very generous to me. Maybe he's running out of bikes to sell. Try another shop. Where are you?

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Assuming nothing is mechanically or electrically wrong, I'd expect to be discounted around the cost of a replacement battery.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
My impolite reply might have off as second word

Josh

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 1, 2014
Thanks for all your comments. Just as I thought no favours being done for me from this brand, will keep shopping around
Cheers.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I wonder if the OP is still feeling insulted three years later.

But he's not been back, so we will never know.

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
You can tell people have more time on there hand.
there’s a lot of older possibly deceased threads being resurrected :p