06-29-2007 at 07:34 AM

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
So what happened on June 29th 2007 that led 225 to be on the forum at once - and at 07:34am?

Cheers,

Django

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
i wondered that many times yet dare not ask for fear of getting obvious answer.lol...never seen more then 20ish on at any one time...:)

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Hi folks,

it would be nice to think of 225 hardcore pedeleckers on that site at that time, however the reality is that most of them were actually search engine spiders! For some reason we had google, yahoo etc all indexing the site at once with multiple spiders from each engine.

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
Yes - I've wondered too. I assume it was some IT blip (perhaps due to some attempted hack, google spider action or other phenomenon that I don't fully understand!) not genuine visits as the number has never approached that level any time I've looked.

Before that date the record used to go up from time to time with increasing site activity and was an interesting statistic to watch. Now I think it is at a level that will not be breached for many years!

Frank

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'm going to be a bighead and claim responsibility for the peak, though the odd timing would probably be for international time reasons.

The Q bike thread which reached 4481 viewings was still around then, the T bike thread which reached 2221 viewings was in mid flood, and I'd just added the radical battery update making the Torq into a good hill climber, adding more viewings.

Out of interest, the Kalkhoff Agattu review thread has reached 3005 viewings in comparison.

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
Perhaps we should organise a mass sign-in?

How about doing it for charity?

Tell you what, I will get the ball rolling and promise 50p for each person over 225 to be signed in at 7:00pm on 29th February 2008.

Good publicity for the forum and if others make pledges we could raise quite a bit for a worthy cause.

Anyone up for it?

Cheers,

Django

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Perhaps we should organise a mass sign-in?

How about doing it for charity?

Tell you what, I will get the ball rolling and promise 50p for each person over 225

Anyone up for it?

Cheers,

Django
--------------------------------------------------------------------------bank loan not needed there then..:cool:

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
If we get 325, that's a fifty quid. If ten others pledge the same, that's £500!

Put it another way, I'll match whatever you pledge and add 10%. :cool:

Cheers,

Django

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Trouble is we haven't got enough active members visiting in any particular period to break the record, most of the higher numbers being visitors who wouldn't be pledging.

If you look over the names in the forum threads over a page or two, you'll see a dozen or two names only. They change over time but never get synchronised in large numbers.