08 Bottle Batteries at BMSB

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
They have been there for several days, you're losing your edge! :p

I asked Vicky for a dimension drawing to see if it will fit my new frame but no dice... Maybe you can extract a dimension drawing from them?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
here is the picture:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
OK thanks that is new. Now I just have to scale it to see how high the front is and at what distance from the back it starts sloping down.

I am afraid that it slides forward to disengage from the base though...

UPDATE

Kiwi number eight wire measuring strategy used YMMV...

1. Scaled image till it measured 361mm on the big screen TV
2. Held bike frame up in front

It fits but only just. It might even slide forward about 3-4 cm in the frame.

Last edited:

peter chapman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 16, 2015
i checked out a complete outfit from them but then you would be liable for c and e, import taxes and VAT this makes the kit quite expensive.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
d8veh this bottle battery would be the perfect donor for internals to put in a custom battery box for my frame I think. From your experience can the welded groups of cells be slightly squished down without risking breakage of the metal bands between cells? I found a photo of the inside of this battery on ali express but I can't find it again...

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
It should be easy to extract the cell pack.
This is a typical cell arrangement for the HL-01 (bmsbattery 08 case).

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Looks like all I have to do is turn it around the other way and there are a couple of empty cell holders that could be cut off to make it even smaller. Some shrink rap to protect the cell connections and Bobs your uncle!

One custom ply/epoxy/fibreglass battery box to design!

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
i checked out a complete outfit from them but then you would be liable for c and e, import taxes and VAT this makes the kit quite expensive.
I agree and would add that not having uk backup, or backup from your credit card provider, is another potential cost,possibly as much as 100% of the investment if things go wrong.

I worked out that a BMSBattery 09-type bottle battery would cost actually more, bought from them if customs was charged even below the proper level, than it would buying it in the UK even before thinking about guarantees and support.

I hear some UK suppliers will imminently start selling these incidentally.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
They look quite neat and an improvement on the 09, aesthetically better as well so a less bulkier looking down tube. Good to see they also are available with the integral controller and lcd etc. By the time I need to replace my 09's these will be a good substitute or there may be another 0 series further down the line.

Reactions: jonathan75

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Just wondering do they sell this 18A controller separately...