Help! 1. PAS working only on full power, 2. unknown wires on Controller

hubo1173

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 7, 2019
Northampton
Hi i would like to ask for help.

1. PAS issue: my folding e-bike got twist throttle with display , lock and PAS but pedal assist working only on full power from start. Can i change it somehow. I changed it on display but nothing happened.

2. On my 48v controller 250w there are some wires which are not connected for example orange and black or other ones are black and white which i connected but nothing happened. do you know what they are for.

Photos attached
1. unknown wires
2. Pedal assist wires
3. Controller
4. ebike
5. Twist throttle with display and lock

Thank you

Attachments

Last edited:

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Hi i would like to ask for help.

1. PAS issue: my folding e-bike got twist throttle with display , lock and PAS but pedal assist working only on full power from start. Can i change it somehow. I changed it on display but nothing happened.

2. On my 48v controller 250w there are some wires which are not connected for example orange and black or other ones are black and white which i connected but nothing happened. do you know what they are for.

Thank you
If you do not know what the wires are for, you took your life in your hands by connecting them....
At best, nothing happens, at worst, a battery short followed by a hefty fire is possible.
Never connect anything unless you know 100% what you are doing....Its safer that way!
Andy

• Agree
Reactions: sjpt

hubo1173

Jul 7, 2019
Northampton
If you do not know what the wires are for, you took your life in your hands by connecting them....
At best, nothing happens, at worst, a battery short followed by a hefty fire is possible.
Never connect anything unless you know 100% what you are doing....Its safer that way!
Andy
Andy its good point unfortunately I am learning on my mistakes thank you.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The controller an unbranded China one is likely a speed controller they give max power in every assist level/mode with each level/mode having a differing max speed limit.
How many assist levels do you have ?

As to the wires Black/White if they mate together are likely meant to but what for ?
White is often speed related so connected they might be a limiter wire or a cruise wire.

Orange /Black brake cut out ?

If you want better control the you will have to buy a new controller kit for about £100 and get one that uses current control so each PAS level is different and delivers the power better.

Last edited:

hubo1173

Jul 7, 2019
Northampton
The controller an unbranded China one is likely a speed controller they give max power in every assist level/mode with each level/mode having a differing max speed limit.
How many assist levels do you have ?

As to the wires Black/White if they mate together are likely meant to but what for ?
White is often speed related so connected they might be a limiter wire or a cruise wire.

Orange /Black brake cut out ?

If you want better control the you will have to buy a new controller kit for about £100 and get one that uses current control so each PAS level is different and delivers the power better.
Hi thank you for the answer. can you recomend some good controller that i would be able to have PAS working working correctly.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Kuenteng/KT controller, 36/48v dual voltage T09P or T09S model (they use current control and not speed control).
We would have to see all your wiring properly to give a definitive model. You would probably have to do some wiring connector changes as well, so soldering will be needed as there is no guarantee you will get a controller with all the same connectors.

Reactions: hubo1173

hubo1173

Jul 7, 2019
Northampton
Kuenteng/KT controller, 36/48v dual voltage T09P or T09S model (they use current control and not speed control).
We would have to see all your wiring properly to give a definitive model. You would probably have to do some wiring connector changes as well, so soldering will be needed as there is no guarantee you will get a controller with all the same connectors.
Hi I will take photos and will send it to you, thank you

hubo1173

Jul 7, 2019
Northampton
Please have a look on photos attached as you mentioned to see it to know what controller would be best. If you need some more pics please ask. thank you

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The hub is brushless we can see by the three phase wires, I have a feeling it is unsensored.
Is there a motor connector along the rear stay of the bike ? If so pull it apart and take a pic of the connector and the pins inside.
Also a pic of the cockpit/handle bars with display etc,etc.

Last edited:

hubo1173

Jul 7, 2019
Northampton
The hub is brushless we can see by the three phase wires, I have a feeling it is unsensored.
Is there a motor connector along the rear stay of the bike ? If so pull it apart and take a pic of the connector and the pins inside.
Also a pic of the cockpit.handle bars with display etc,etc.
On the controller it says Sine wave if i use google translator. Below handlebar there is small black box where is another wiring. see photo. I will take more photos asap

Attachments

hubo1173

Jul 7, 2019
Northampton
Also a pic of the cockpit.handle bars with display etc,etc.
Handlebar pics and rear wheel connection pic am i able to unplug it safely. Pic of hub motor with info

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Handlebar pic and rear wheel motor pic connection am i able to unplug it without damage
From the hub axle follow the motor cable it should lead to a connector about 12" away, pull it apart.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Below handlebar there is small black box where is another wiring. see photo. I will take more photos asap
That was going to be my next question of what it is/does.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
From the wheel to controller lead those wires with conector.see on pics. 3 motor wires and 5 wires in one cable
Ok thanks, not often the motor wire connects direct to the controller in that way.
You will need the KT S09S controller which is a sensored/sinewave one for your hub.
Also select a lcd display, PAS sensor, throttle and cut out break levers as you will need them if a throttle is fitted. An external speed sensor is needed as your hub does not have an internal one.

You will have to carry out some wire soldering for things to match up, like the hall sensors as the connectors are very different. If you buy the other parts I mentioned they will be plug and play and simple to just connect.
Lets us know what brakes you have wire or hydraulic and which type of bottom bracket you have so you get the right item.

You can also get the S09S at pswpower.com, BMS battery.com, Aliexpress and ebay. To save on postage get all from one vendor.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH