1 Path, 2 bikes. Quite a difference.

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
Out on the Typhoon last week and cycled along a path in Grangemouth as the road was busy with petrol and chemical tankers. Everything was fine and no problems. Today I was out on the Tourer and used the same path. Now, the difference was amazing. The path was so bumpy the bike and my teeth were shaking.

The Typhoon's suspension and wide 29" tyres must work better than I'd imagined. The next time I'm down there on the Tourer, I'll just take my chances with the tankers. ;)

Reactions: Falkirk

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Out on the Typhoon last week and cycled along a path in Grangemouth as the road was busy with petrol and chemical tankers. Everything was fine and no problems. Today I was out on the Tourer and used the same path. Now, the difference was amazing. The path was so bumpy the bike and my teeth were shaking.

The Typhoon's suspension and wide 29" tyres must work better than I'd imagined. The next time I'm down there on the Tourer, I'll just take my chances with the tankers. ;)
Rigid forks on the Tourer is bound to make quite a difference from the suspension fork Typhoon over a rougher path surface. I daresay on a decent road there wouldn't be much difference in comfort.

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
Rigid forks on the Tourer is bound to make quite a difference from the suspension fork Typhoon over a rougher path surface. I daresay on a decent road there wouldn't be much difference in comfort.
Aye, I just hadn't realised how good the Typhoon was. Actually, the path I was on had lots of small bumps along the entire length.

Normally the roads I'm on have pot holes which can be avoided, the bumps on the path were unavoidable.

Now I have to go back down on the Typhoon and try again, just to prove to myself that I didn't imagine it all.

Reactions: flecc

Tubamanandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Had some great rides on my Typhoon over past couple of weeks - great bike for a big guy like me