10,000 and it's still fun!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
From my first post to start Russell's forum to this, the ten thousandth, it's been an eventful two and a quarter years, but it's still fun taking part with all of you.

So I thought I'd dedicate this thread and my 10,000th post to the fun of cycling, and what better photo could there be than this one from decades ago showing both the fun of cycling and the enjoyment of good company, the very things that make this forum what it is:

Bicycle Sidecar 2.jpg

fcurran

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2007
Bath
www.powabyke.com
Congrats Flecc!

Which one is you?!?!

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
the one taking the photo......

Danny-K

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2008
South West

HOORAY! Well done Flecc - and congratulations! If you linked all the posts together would it make a book?
ie., 10,000 Hints and tips on successful E-Biking?

- Look here's the cover for the book -

Yep 10,000 posts is certainly something to celebrate about -

And finally a '10,000' poem in honour of Flecc's achievment -

Last edited:

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Well done Flec. I’ve only been a member of this forum for a few months, but I have noticed in that time that most of the information in your posts flows in one direction. From you to the members. I haven't obviously read all of your 10000 posts but if each one took you 3 minutes to prepare, which is probably a conservative estimate, that equates to over 500 hours of your time given over to helping out strangers. That's very selfless and a rare thing to find these days. Thanks.

Tom

dazzie

Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2008
Woohoo! 10,000 posts, amazing.

Many congratulations Flecc and thank you so much, I am indebted forever to you - if it wasn't for you and other senior members like Blew It! I wouldn't be back on the road to fitness and enjoying myself more in the last three weeks than the three years before it. Not just your posts either, your website was (is!) very informative and helped me learn a great deal.

Here's to the next 10,000!

Daz

Kenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2007
West of Scotland
Only one year since your 5000th post and I remember you saying then you were going to slow down a bit.:)

I've been a member for quite a while ( though still not a senior :eek: ) and I've read most of those 10000 posts and they've been very entertaining and given me a great e-bike education. So congratulations and many thanks for your terrific input to the forum.

C

Cyclezee

There has to be some sort of award in recognition of this achievement. Without Tony, the Pedelec forum would probably have run out steam long ago.
His tireless dedication and breadth of knowledge must have helped to expand the use of e-bikes in the UK and abroad.
I am sure every member has benefited from his wisdom and impartial advice, I know I have on many occasions.
I wonder how we can ever repay Tony in suitable manner that is acceptable to him? An honour or a gift perhaps? I'm sure the membership, including the trade;) could come up with something:)

A fantastic achievement Tony:D

J:) hn

joab

Pedelecer
Well done! Thank you for sharing your knowledge. Also your website on the T1 and Q1 is still very helpfull. It helped me solving my charger problem and thus keeping my bike on the road saving CO2 emission! Could someone calculate how much CO2 emissions Flec saved with all his tips and tricks?
Regards,
Jo

wurly

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2008
Yeovil, Somerset
Congratulations Flecc
I'm a bit of a newbie here but you have always returned an informed reply to my questions of which i value very much.
Cheers

Intex

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2008
Flecc,
Can I ask where you obtained the picture? I'd like to see if I could get a Hi-Res version.
Thanks

JamesC

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 1, 2007
Peterborough, UK
Thanks, Flecc. Your wealth of knowledge and interest in the community is invaluable.

James

Tolstoy62

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 26, 2008
Being a relative newbie here to the forum I have only praise and admiration for the amount of information you have shared. I have yet to purchase an ebike( will do so this spring ) but you have armed me with enough knowledge to make a solid decision. We are lucky to have you !!

Tiberius

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2007
Somerset
Congratulations, Tony,
10,000 posts!

Even if you only reckon on 50 words a post, that is still War and Peace territory.

Nick