1000w Chinese Fat Tyre Folding Bike(s)

Darranna

Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2017
South Essex
Hi all,

I have just taken delivery of two of the above and I’ve got a small problem with my one, I can’t get any pedal assist when in the lower gears eg 6 and 7 on the rear cartridge, works fine on the lower gears, although there is no difference on power level, the assistance is the same irrespective.

My bike has a different cadence sensor to the wife’, I’ll take some pictures and add it to this post. Where do you think the problem lies, sensor or controller37499

this is the pick up on my bike

and this is the pick up on the wife’s (green) bike

This is the controller fitted to my bike

the green bike will be for sale in about 6 weeks, the wife finds it to tall, so we have ordered her a 20” wheeled version

Attachments

Darranna

Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2017
South Essex
Is it the speed limit that's cutting the power in the high gears when you're going faster?
I thought that also, but can’t see anything in the settings and that wouldn’t deal with the query regarding the assistance being the irrespective of the power level selected. Typically it did come with and form of instructions:rolleyes:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Most controllers work the PAS with speed control, where you get a different speed limit in each level, but the same power.

Darranna

Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2017
South Essex
Most controllers work the PAS with speed control, where you get a different speed limit in each level, but the same power.
my last ebike was a kit built Bafang mid-drive and on that you could definitely feel the difference at each power level and the speed wasn’t limited, the only limitation was how fast you could pedal. On this one it makes no difference what power level it’s in it maxes out at the same speed. The throttle will take it to 25mph

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
my last ebike was a kit built Bafang mid-drive and on that you could definitely feel the difference at each power level and the speed wasn’t limited, the only limitation was how fast you could pedal. On this one it makes no difference what power level it’s in it maxes out at the same speed. The throttle will take it to 25mph
Bafang BBS** uses current control, not speed control on the PAS.