Help! 11-Speed MTB Cassette on Bafang rear hub motor?

Manc44

Pedelecer
Jun 21, 2021
I tried to search for this but couldn't find a thread about it.

Does anyone know if an 11-Speed MTB cassette fits on a Bafang G020.500.DC (BFSWX02 48V 500W) rear hub motor?

I know 7/8/9/10/11 speed MTB do all use the same freehub body, but I ask because I know 11-Speed MTB cassettes have a sort of recess to them (because the low sprocket is large enough that it can be set inwards towards the spokes on a normal bike without a hub motor).

With the cassette having the low sprocket set inwards slightly (and it having to accommodate the chain width too) will it interfere with the hub motor body and it's not possible to fit such a cassette to this rear hub motor?

The exact cassette is just a standard Shimano SLX M7000.

The website selling the above rear wheel, says it can fit a "10-Speed cassette", but they don't mention whether they mean road or MTB (since 11-Speed road cassettes do need a different freehub - which is not the case with 11-Speed MTB cassettes).

Another point is, the 500W motor is probably wider than a 250W would be. At Whoosh they say there's a 250W they sell that can fit an 11-Speed cassette, but they also don't mention whether that also means a (wider) road 11-Speed setup. That's 250W though, I am talking about the above Bafang 500W that as I said, is bound to be a wider motor being double the Watts.

I just wondered if anyone is using an 11-Speed MTB cassette on one of these Bafang rear hubs and can definitely say whether it's possible?

I can't shell out £640 on a kit then find out it won't work lol

I have considered front hub motors and bottom bracket based ones and it has to be at the rear, even if it means going to 9 or 10-speed, I will.

Cheers folks.