150 mile cornwall route

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
Might suit someone like you Nealh .
Im a 20 miler at best ...
The Guardian: New 150-mile Cornish cycle route to open in the autumn.
Good job they are not launching until the autumn. The roads are a nightmare down here during the summer tourist season. Russian roulette comes to mind :oops:

mikeconnect

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2020
Warrington , Cheshire
Good job they are not launching until the autumn. The roads are a nightmare down here during the summer tourist season. Russian roulette comes to mind :oops:
this route quotes quiet country roads.as part of it. A route with country roads on quiet or otherwise I wouldn't go anywhere near in fact the quieter the road the more chance vehicle comes tearing around the corner at speed to toss you into the nearest field. Hopefully it's got some nice stretches off road in such a nice part of the country

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Too far way for me Mike if not rideable to and from home in the same day, sounds good though for locals.

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
this route quotes quiet country roads.as part of it.
A high percentage of of the roads you quote are "normally" quiet in Kernow.
From experience of living here, tourists with satnavs with quickest route programmed, cause chaos on the quiet B roads from May through September. Best time (well safest)to cycle is after 5pm, when tourism goes home for tea! ;) :D:D:D:D

mikeconnect

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2020
Warrington , Cheshire
A high percentage of of the roads you quote are "normally" quiet in Kernow.
From experience of living here, tourists with satnavs with quickest route programmed, cause chaos on the quiet B roads from May through September. Best time (well safest)to cycle is after 5pm, when tourism goes home for tea! ;) :D:D:D:D
Wouldn't want to risk country roads whether it's tourists or locals driving on them to be honest. Particularly if they're bendy roads . Maybe it's just unadventurous me ☺ but I assume some if this route will be off road so that would be glorious I'm sure

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Haha yeh I was thinking more of bike on a rack on back of car.
Now that is what I call cheating driving a bike somewhere to ride it.
I do get some sort of remarks of cheating when on the downs or somewhere similar, then turn the question on it's head as I ask said person how they got here with their bike.

Reactions: sjpt

mikeconnect

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2020
Warrington , Cheshire
Now that is what I call cheating driving a bike somewhere to ride it.
I do get some sort of remarks of cheating when on the downs or somewhere similar, then turn the question on it's head as I ask said person how they got here with their bike.
Why cheating if you did 150 mile bike route anywhere I'd be impressed . Why restrict choice of location if it's too far to bike there